+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility for RAMQ

NAJI2020

Aug 16, 2020
Hello,

I want to ask about the eligibility of RAMQ for OWP and CSQ holder who already applied for PR, still no AOR, please at what stage of PR process he/she will be eligible?

Thanks.

Baha16

Jul 31, 2020
Hi,
Certain types of Open work permits ( Like PGWP) valid for more than 6 months can apply for RAMQ even without a job offer. you just need to call them, and they send a form to your address. you have to call RAMQ 800 561-9749 .

NAJI2020

Aug 16, 2020
Hi,
Certain types of Open work permits ( Like PGWP) valid for more than 6 months can apply for RAMQ even without a job offer. you just need to call them, and they send a form to your address. you have to call RAMQ 800 561-9749 .

Thanks for reply.
In fact, I am a spouse of study permit holder, and I have my OPW valid according to the study permit. I called RAMQ, but I didn't get a specific answer about the stage of PR process I will be eligible, it seems to be vague.

Baha16

Jul 31, 2020
As far as i am concerned, the PR application doesn't have anything to do with health insurance. to get health insurance you need to prove that you are living in Canada legally (Ex. work permit, etc for more than 6 months.). I suggest, to call the number RAMQ 800 561-9749 and ask them that you want to register for health insurance for the first time, and they will ask for your situation along the way and if you are eligible, they'll let you know.

Elbethel

Oct 5, 2020
Hi,
Thank you. Your answer was on point

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Hello, I have an OWP. I also have the CSQ and a week ago I went to request the RAMQ coverage. It was not provided to me because I do not have an employment contract.

I am a full-time francisation student, and I have my SIN, OWP and I am in the process of sponsorship married to a Canadian citizen.

Until you have a full-time contract of 6 months or more or until you receive the Sponsor Approval letter from the federal government, you cannot access RAMQ coverage.

dsuy

Jan 4, 2019
Wow, that sounds weird. What if you work as a self-employed? Rethorical question BTW.

PaoTalamantesh

Star Member
Apr 11, 2020
Quebec
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
28-12-2019
Wow, that sounds weird. What if you work as a self-employed? Rethorical question BTW.
I was able to access the service now. If you do not have an employment contract, you must wait for the AIP letter to arrive.

If you are self-employed or freelance, you must fill out a different form and make your Assurance payments differently to access RAMQ, it is as if you were your boss who makes the payments for your medical coverage.