+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Eligibility for doing a masters in canada

angel100

Apr 8, 2016
Hi everyone,

I have completed my post graduation in UK in 2010. And i have recently starting to look for information on applying for a masters in computers in Canada. And i have approached a educational consultant for this and they have said since its been more than 5 years since i finished my education, the universities will not accept my application for masters or PHD .

Is this true ?

Thank you.

aman666

Star Member
Nov 20, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
angel100 said:
Hi everyone,

I have completed my post graduation in UK in 2010. And i have recently starting to look for information on applying for a masters in computers in Canada. And i have approached a educational consultant for this and they have said since its been more than 5 years since i finished my education, the universities will not accept my application for masters or PHD .

Is this true ?

Thank you.
no this is not true,,, you can apply for phd whenever you want,,, if you have post graduation education and eligible for phd then you should apply for phd,,,, the gap between studies can create problem for visa if you would not give proper explanation of this gap i.e.,,, working or business something,,,, you will need to provide SOP(statement of purpose) and related docs like experience letters,,etc

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
angel100 said:
Hi everyone,

They're lying. They typically get kickbacks when they send students to colleges. Yet another reason to stay away from consultants.

angel100

Apr 8, 2016
aman666 said:
no this is not true,,, you can apply for phd whenever you want,,, if you have post graduation education and eligible for phd then you should apply for phd,,,, the gap between studies can create problem for visa if you would not give proper explanation of this gap i.e.,,, working or business something,,,, you will need to provide SOP(statement of purpose) and related docs like experience letters,,etc
Thank you Aman666. That helps!