Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
latanaiduV said:
Could any one provide template for Employment reference letter

On company letter head with company's full name and address

Date:

Re: Confirmation of work for ABC

To whom it may Concern:

This is to confirm that ABC is currently working as full time (37.5 hours per week) permanent employee for XYZ Ltd . with an annual salary of $70,000.
Mr. ABC has been full time permanent employee for XYZ Ltd. since June 10, 2010. His position is XXX and his duties are as follows:

• bnsk lkjflsd nngfs djkfhk hhlskhjk kjfng
• djkfhk hhlskhjk kjfdjsf gbs jkhsfkjlhkj g js hhsh kklhjsg ng
• st hksrjk j;'s;tk ohk f;ligp u k hhlskhjk kjfng
• dskrjh krjljt pori mmb nxcml;gjhiuhoetjib.m,
• pioih ,mhdj b,kdfuh mnxdjk gjk
• eiutgb cnuj bn cmxbnvjeug cvk,uhui

Following are the benefits offered to Mr.ABC as part of employment.
Sick leaves #?
Vacation Leaves #?
Group Health Plan#? etc etc,,,depending on what they offer

Should you have other questions concerning Mr.ABS's employment with XYZ, please contact the writer

Human Resources

Signature
Name
Phone
email

latanaiduV

Star Member
Jul 21, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-01-2014
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
20-02-2014
Med's Request
9-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
23-Oct-2014
LANDED..........
18-May-2015
ThankU honeySingh. I appreciate ur help...

kprs_ind

Apr 17, 2013
Chennai
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-08-2013
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
06-10-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
07-03-2014
Med's Done....
10-03-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-03-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-07-2014
Hey Guys,
My employer refused to give the reference letter. But after repeated follow-up, one of my colleagues (supervisor to other team) agreed to give a reference letter as my supervisor but not in a company letter head.
He asked me to write and give him so that he can sign, scan and send me back to me in email. I have written the letter and below is the format and contents I have put in. Request you guys to go through and provide suggestions to improve.

======================================================================
[Date]

To Whomsoever It May Concern

This is to certify that XXXXXXX (Emp# XXXXX) was employed by XXXXXXXXXX from DD Month YYYY to DD Month YYYY with a valid Work Permit on full time, in the position of Software Developer – Team Lead at the client (XXXX) site located at XXXXXX, Ontario. His annual salary was approximately CAD XXXXX (revised from CAD XXXXX on DD Month YYYY), consisting of the Indian salary (paid in Canada as taxable Canadian income) and a Canadian supplement.
In this position, he had the following duties and responsibilities (under NOC 2174):
• Analyzing the existing legacy system components and extracting the business logic and rules from the system software code.
• Requirement gathering by discussing with users or clients and documenting them.
• Requirement analysis on the new enhancement or change requests.
• Dividing and scheduling the project into phases and creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) for a project.
• Developing data models, entity relationship diagrams and plans and estimations.
• Coding software modules when there is a change required for business rules and validating the code with coding standard templates.
• Conducting code walkthrough and reviewing internal and external quality assurance in the application.
• Preparing test plans and performing unit testing, integration testing and regression testing and verifying test coverage.
• Logging and tracking issues in defect tracker system. Forwarding escalation of issues when necessary.
• Initiation of review and logging, tracking and closing the defects.
• Identifying, assessing and prioritizing risk items and evaluating its impact.
• Maintaining and supporting the existing software application system by fixing the identified bugs and finding the root cause toward a permanent resolution.
• Prepare weekly status reports and other documentation and schedule meetings to discuss on the status of the project and maintenance of software.
• Performing offshore-onsite coordination by gathering requirements from the clients or users and conveying them to offshore team.
Additionally, he was working 40 hours per week under my supervision. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you require any more information.

Sincerely,

[Name of supervisor]
[Signature of supervisor]
[Business card of supervisor attached if possible]
=============================================================================================================

I have a few questions as well
1) Should I notarize this letter? If yes, where should I notarize, in Canada or India? Why I am asking this is the supervisor (the person giving me the letter) is in Canada and I am in India.
2) Do I need to attach Canadian compensation letters?
3) I had insurance. Adding a copy of it would help?
4) I had OHIP. Adding a copy of it would help?
5) What other details should or can I add? Let me know mandatory details that are missing.
6) In addition to this letter, would a client letter add value or this is sufficient?

Help me guys... I need to submit soon as I applied in August 2013 and now I am sending the reference letters after a very long gap.

tdot_guy

Nov 6, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see so many people in similar situation, my previous manager gave me a letter after months of requesting and he wasnt willing to put all duties cuz HR doesnt allow him. So he did look at my noc code page and included a few duties but i dont think its enough and now I am waiting for a letter from HR but I have no hope they are going to put duties on there:
Can you guys suggest if I should just include the HR letter and say they are not providing me duties and then have a colleague write me a letter or should I include my mangers half letter?

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Hello AWD,

Were you successful in submitting all other docs like LMO, Work Permit, Contract, etc in place of Employer Reference Letter? I am in a similar position and wanted to know what to do.

Regards

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
I dont see why HR should not copy and paste frm hrsdc website, beacuse it's a govements website for HRs and employers after all, and I've seen lot of people getting PR, with copy and paste noc discrition from the site, I never seen someone with rejection due to copy and paste in thier rejection message.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
Hichaman said:
I dont see why HR should not copy and paste frm hrsdc website, beacuse it's a govements website for HRs and employers after all, and I've seen lot of people getting PR, with copy and paste noc discrition from the site, I never seen someone with rejection due to copy and paste in thier rejection message.
Hello there. If you didn't see anybody having problem with that, doesn't mean there were not applicants refused because of that. Copy and paste from hrdsc website is actually very bad idea. The best thing is to use hrdsc as a template in writing your duties.

JORGER

May 1, 2012
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
cppO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-06-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
IELTS Request
sent with app
Med's Request
15-02-2014
Med's Done....
21-03-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
15-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
23-04-2014
LANDED..........
29-04-2014
Hichaman said:
nov 1061 is rigth, and yes there are some people who got problem because of copy paste from hrsdc, the reason is because for VO is better to know the actual duties that means "your real experience" and no what you "are supposed" to do.

albrye

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
2211/2212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUGUST-2013
Doc's Request.
12-MARCH-2014
AOR Received.
10-OCT-2013
Med's Request
25-MAR-2014
Med's Done....
10-APR-2014
Passport Req..
23-APR-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
8-MAY-2014
medabor said:
Should i send a copy or the original letter ? thanks
Send a copy you do not need to send originals to CIC unless requested

albrye

Star Member
Feb 25, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-OTTAWA
NOC Code......
2211/2212
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-AUGUST-2013
Doc's Request.
12-MARCH-2014
AOR Received.
10-OCT-2013
Med's Request
25-MAR-2014
Med's Done....
10-APR-2014
Passport Req..
23-APR-2014
VISA ISSUED...
2-MAY-2014
LANDED..........
8-MAY-2014
Hichaman said:
NEVER DO THIS. Copy and paste looks really bad to visa officer and you may even be shooting yourself in the foot. It is better to ask your HR department or supervisor to give you the job description that best identifies your job and go with that. Because some NOCs are very broad and do not allow for job mobility among the occupations within that NOC. For example, Noc 2212 is the classification for mineral technologist so whether you are a welder in the mine, to technologist and even to chemical analyst in the mine, you share the same NOC. In other words, your job description is only going to match the job description listed under that NOC 10-20% even though it is the correct NOC. So be very careful when you copy and paste. Again im speaking from experience because that is my NOC

Matt the Aussie

Mar 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-07-2013
Med's Request
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
18-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
12-03-2014
LANDED..........
11-04-2014
People should really take advantage of the HRSDC website (or whatever it's called now). You can ask them to determine what your NOC is. Simply describe what you do day to day in your job and they will respond with which NOC you should use.

Takes all of the guesswork out of it and costs you nothing except an email.

artecita

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-CTD-Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-04-2014
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
07-05-2014
IELTS Request
send with application
Med's Request
02-06-2015
Med's Done....
15-06-2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
20-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2015
LANDED..........
14-12-2015
Amazing!!! Thank very much Rambo, it is really helpful

gaurav007

May 18, 2015
What should one do to show the experience if the Company has been closed now.

Hi All,

I have in total of 8 years of work experience out of which my first company where I worked for 3.5 years has now been closed.

In this case, what should I do to show my experience at that company.

I have my Joining letter, Promotion Letter and Experience Certificate from that company.

One of these letters contain information like in which department and projects I worked upon but not in detail about Roles & Responsibilities etc.

Could you please suggest me in this case what should I do?

1- Can I obtain a reference letter from my ex-Manager or HR? Although they are working in other company now. If so, then should this document be notarized?