Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
Do all applicants from Egypt have to be processed at the Cairo visa office?

This talk about delay and slow processing is new to me, I know their office in Cairo is the worst visa office on the planet but I didn't think it would be the same for express entry. I also saw a few people posting here in the past about getting pprs, I got the idea that its average is 6-7 months

I only personally know one friend who immigrated since the EE started, his process took less than 5 months between AOR and PPR.

For me personally since AOR 4 months and 10 days have passed now

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Heathcliff77 said:
Do all applicants from Egypt have to be processed at the Cairo visa office?

This talk about delay and slow processing is new to me, I know their office in Cairo is the worst visa office on the planet but I didn't think it would be the same for express entry. I also saw a few people posting here in the past about getting pprs, I got the idea that its average is 6-7 months

I only personally know one friend who immigrated since the EE started, his process took less than 5 months between AOR and PPR.

For me personally since AOR 4 months and 10 days have passed now
My application is in Ottawa since the beginning and last I checked they said they can't foresse it will ever get transferred

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
maged_mmh said:
My application is in Ottawa since the beginning and last I checked they said they can't foresse it will ever get transferred
Meaning we can never know?

Since I applied till this day all the communications I had with them came from Ottawa VO as well

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
Heathcliff77 said:
Meaning we can never know?

Since I applied till this day all the communications I had with them came from Ottawa VO as well
I came to know only through email and phone inquiries

In fact this year is the first they start to process immigration applications in Cairo VO

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
has anyone tried to get proof of funds letter from Al-ahly bank (NBE)? the letter the provided me doesnt have a letter head and no opening dates for the accounts. Also most of my money is in saving certificates and they wont issue any details for those in english. Another problem is that their bank statement has alot of arabic in it even though thats the English version of it. they just wrote the name and numbers in english thats the only difference from the arabic version. i tried to convince them to issue a letter as per CIC requirements but they said thats all they can do.

Anyone had this problem?

also is there a whatsapp group for egyptians i can join?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
expat2be said:
has anyone tried to get proof of funds letter from Al-ahly bank (NBE)? the letter the provided me doesnt have a letter head and no opening dates for the accounts. Also most of my money is in saving certificates and they wont issue any details for those in english. Another problem is that their bank statement has alot of arabic in it even though thats the English version of it. they just wrote the name and numbers in english thats the only difference from the arabic version. i tried to convince them to issue a letter as per CIC requirements but they said thats all they can do.

Anyone had this problem?

I think someone posted a couple of months ago the same problem here, with Al-Ahly as well.

Personally I deal with the CIB, first try they gave me a letter like you mentioned, not on letterhead, mostly in Arabic and had no opening dates. Which wouldn't work with CIC

I went another time and they said thats all they can do, I insisted and did a little play that its requested by the Canadian embassy for a visa and must be done asap, so she calls her supervisor, who printed me a full statement of all my accounts and credit cards in all currencies, for the last 6 months and mentioning their opening dates, on CIB letterhead, dated and stamped.

So just like everything in Egypt, make a scene and you'll get whatever you wish for

expat2be

Feb 23, 2017
Heathcliff77 said:
I think someone posted a couple of months ago the same problem here, with Al-Ahly as well.

Personally I deal with the CIB, first try they gave me a letter like you mentioned, not on letterhead, mostly in Arabic and had no opening dates. Which wouldn't work with CIC

I went another time and they said thats all they can do, I insisted and did a little play that its requested by the Canadian embassy for a visa and must be done asap, so she calls her supervisor, who printed me a full statement of all my accounts and credit cards in all currencies, for the last 6 months and mentioning their opening dates, on CIB letterhead, dated and stamped.

So just like everything in Egypt, make a scene and you'll get whatever you wish for

thats what my friend who works in al ahly bank but marketing sector advised me lol, and yes i just saw the problem with the other guy on here but he didnt say if he got what he wanted or not. so i sent him a message.

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
eatpraylove said:
This year as in 2017??
Any source for this piece of information?

Thanks
Cic website
Before last October 2016 they were processing investment, family, and refugees only, they just started with EE applications

Mhmd

Dec 3, 2016
expat2be said:

Anyone had this problem?

Hi expat2be,

I have faced the problem that you are facing currently with Al-Ahly bank, so don't worry about anything w ISA you will pass this painful step in a smooth way.

Regarding the letter head they have already one which include the logo and bank name but it does not include some data like the web site, branch phone and address, however you can get the branch phone number through the branch stamp (will double check this point once I return back home and update you if any).

Regarding the opening dates,

for the current account(s), request "bank statement" for each account which include the opening date as well as the requested start date for the transactions, noting that the aggregation amount of all current account(s) has to be equal or near to the amount which is related to current account(s) in your "Balance Position letter".
for the saving certificates, I attached the original certificates (bank stamp is mandatory) along with the translation and the copy of each certificate with the translation center stamp, noting that the aggregation amount of all certificate(s) has to be equal to the amount which is related to saving certificates in your "Balance Position letter" .

Regarding the Arabic numbers, you will just need to translate it.

In addition to that, bear in mind that the proof of funds letter may exceed the size limit which is 4 MB due to the saving certificates, so you have buffer yourself and try to finish this letter ASAP.

For any clarification, please don't hesitate to ask and Good luck bro!

S

sutyfornow

Guys they do ask for travel history during the last 10 years.. i travelled to dubai in 2011 using my old passport,however, now i dont have my old pass since the gawazat took it when i renewed it.. is there something i can do about it?

S

sutyfornow

Is there any whatsapp group for egyptians planning to immigrate? If not, i can create one..
Join in thru this link

https://chat.whatsapp.com/Kh7aGhAonn1B4DRqbpWBoU

Mhmd

Dec 3, 2016
sutyfornow said:
Guys they do ask for travel history during the last 10 years.. i travelled to dubai in 2011 using my old passport,however, now i dont have my old pass since the gawazat took it when i renewed it.. is there something i can do about it?
I think you need to issue "shahedet el ta7rokat" men mogm3 el Tahrir, plz note that this provide the first destination when you leave Egypt and the last destination before arriving to Egypt, for instance if you have a trip from Cairo to Dubai then from Dubai to Kuwait and then to Cairo, your "shahedet el ta7rokat" will contain the following,
  • Dubai - Departure - Departure date
  • Kuwait - Arrival - Arrival date

S

sutyfornow

Mhmd said:
I think you need to issue "shahedet el ta7rokat" men mogm3 el Tahrir, plz note that this provide the first destination when you leave Egypt and the last destination before arriving to Egypt, for instance if you have a trip from Cairo to Dubai then from Dubai to Kuwait and then to Cairo, your "shahedet el ta7rokat" will contain the following,
This is informative.. thank you :)

uppperkut

Jan 28, 2017
Somewhere in ON
Mhmd said:
Where is it mentioned that you need shahadet ta7arokat? It's not part of the required documents at the upload stage.