Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
H O N E S T said:
yes it was my primary office since the beginning and my secondary office is CIO.
I assume mine got transferred to Cairo too then, last I heard from CIC it was still Ottawa, I should get my first GCSM before mid May then I'll know. Cairo VO seems to take a lot of time in the background check

Wolverine17

VIP Member
Mar 28, 2016
Heathcliff77 said:
I assume mine got transferred to Cairo too then, last I heard from CIC it was still Ottawa, I should get my first GCSM before mid May then I'll know. Cairo VO seems to take a lot of time in the background check
when do you get gcms notes does it indicate your status at your applican date or the date you recieved the notes,in other words will it be updated till mid of may?

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
No unfortunately it updates you on your application till the day you applied for GCSM, which is April 10 for me, and it takes like 40 days

EEBANKER

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
ezaykom ya gama3a, I would appreciate your help in this puzzle :eek:

Hello everyone, here is the situation, and kindly advise,

-I got 19k CAD in employee saving fund for the company. (cant be liquidated now or will be significant loss 20%)

-I got a 15k CAD loan from my employer after mortgaging the units of the funds above to my employer (which is in cash in the current account of the Bank A, taken for the purpose of stock market investment but liquid now) last month

-I got 13k CAD personal finance loan from Bank A last month as well (which is in cash in the current account of the same bank, taken for the purpose of stock market investment but liquid now)

-credit card liability of 5k CAD from same Bank A

-5k CAD of my own cash assets in Bank A

-I got 1k CAD in bank B

what should i do to use as POF ? make a gift deed from dad and get it over with ?

maged_mmh

Champion Member
Nov 27, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-12-2015
Nomination.....
11-2016
AOR Received.
6-12-2016
Med's Done....
16-12-2016
EEBANKER said:

-I got 19k CAD in employee saving fund for the company. (cant be liquidated now or will be significant loss 20%)

-I got a 15k CAD loan from my employer after mortgaging the units of the funds above to my employer (which is in cash in the current account of the Bank A, taken for the purpose of stock market investment but liquid now) last month

-I got 13k CAD personal finance loan from Bank A last month as well (which is in cash in the current account of the same bank, taken for the purpose of stock market investment but liquid now)

-I got 1k CAD in bank B

what should i do to use as POF ? make a gift deed from dad and get it over with ?

apply for Australia

Abdelahhad

Jan 1, 2017
Hi all,
I am from Syria, I hold a Ph.D from Malaysia and currently I got a Job offer from university of Toronto as a Postdoctoral fellow (LMIA exempted).
When I applied first time I got my application rejected cause I applied from Malaysia not from my country Syria.
Other reasons for rejection were personal assets and fund. My wife applied with me for an open work permit. However, her application got rejected as well.
I am planning to re apply for a second time after making my contract better with the University in terms of salary and duration.
my question is:
- is it necessary to show a bank account statement for my wife how is accompanying me to Canada ?
- Can we establish the bank account now or it must be an old one ?
what to do if we do not have much savings?
we are going there on a work permit not a student permit, is sowing fund required at this occasion?

Thank you very much

kimokamel

Star Member
Mar 3, 2017
EEBANKER said:

-I got 1k CAD in bank B

I think your best bet is to take money from your family and make a notarized gift deed. All the options that you listed seems like encumbered and non transferable.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
EEBANKER said:

-I got 1k CAD in bank B

Well if none of them is enough and in cash and you don't wish to liquefy any, your best option would be borrow from your father and use a notorized gift deed. Easier and quicker too I suppose. BUT be careful, you'll still be supposed to submit ALL your bank accounts, loans and credit cards so this could get tricky. You need to have liquid funds enough for the number of applicants your application has as specified by the CIC and also covering the loan amount. I suggest you take an attorney's advice cause this is confusing me as well.

Abdelahhad said:
Hi all,
I am from Syria, I hold a Ph.D from Malaysia and currently I got a Job offer from university of Toronto as a Postdoctoral fellow (LMIA exempted).
When I applied first time I got my application rejected cause I applied from Malaysia not from my country Syria.
Other reasons for rejection were personal assets and fund. My wife applied with me for an open work permit. However, her application got rejected as well.
I am planning to re apply for a second time after making my contract better with the University in terms of salary and duration.
my question is:
- is it necessary to show a bank account statement for my wife how is accompanying me to Canada ?
- Can we establish the bank account now or it must be an old one ?
what to do if we do not have much savings?
we are going there on a work permit not a student permit, is sowing fund required at this occasion?

Thank you very much

Hello, dear
If you're the main applicant your proof of funds would be enough IF it covers the minimum amount the CIC states for the number of your family members including you.
You can establish it now of course but the older the more they trust your proof of funds, however if you start an account now with enough funds you'd need to present a gift deed or any proof of where you got the money from cause its not older than 6 months. And in some cases the CIC asked for another bank statement near the end of the application process (6 months later) to see how your account would be like at that time.

Best of luck and do ask more experienced forum members I may have missed something.

EEBANKER

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Heathcliff77 said:
Well if none of them is enough and in cash and you don't wish to liquefy any, your best option would be borrow from your father and use a notorized gift deed. Easier and quicker too I suppose. BUT be careful, you'll still be supposed to submit ALL your bank accounts, loans and credit cards so this could get tricky. You need to have liquid funds enough for the number of applicants your application has as specified by the CIC and also covering the loan amount. I suggest you take an attorney's advice cause this is confusing me as well.

Thank you:)
How about internal employer loan ? Do you think i should declare it as well ?
As for the gift of deed... Can it be in cash from father?

Hello, dear
If you're the main applicant your proof of funds would be enough IF it covers the minimum amount the CIC states for the number of your family members including you.
You can establish it now of course but the older the more they trust your proof of funds, however if you start an account now with enough funds you'd need to present a gift deed or any proof of where you got the money from cause its not older than 6 months. And in some cases the CIC asked for another bank statement near the end of the application process (6 months later) to see how your account would be like at that time.

Best of luck and do ask more experienced forum members I may have missed something.

Heathcliff77

May 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa VO
Doc's Request.
13-01-2017
AOR Received.
07-11-2016
Passport Req..
28-06-2017
EEBANKER said:
Thank you:)
How about internal employer loan ? Do you think i should declare it as well ?
As for the gift of deed... Can it be in cash from father?

I'm not sure about that but if it's not on record of any bank I don't think so. If your employer is naturally going to mention it if CIC ever call them to ask about you then you better declare it as well. Try to never put yourself in the situation of making it seem like you're hiding info from the CIC no matter how insignificant it may seem to you.

Yes it can of course, get the cash from your father and the gift deed.

EEBANKER

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
+1 thanks.... Just another thing came into my mind
The pof have to be as of the ITA receiving date? Or can be as of anytime the 60 days period for submission?

cecfile

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
I got the LOE from the company but found new company's address on it but in T4 and payslips have old company's address and thats what I entered in EE . I have received the ITA and Can I update the company's address after ITA.