Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
No longer the "Effective date of Bill C24" thread.

punk said:
I think we should officially ask to close the thread.
I can't remember ever seeing a "closed" thread on this forum. Are there any?

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) R I P :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) R I P :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: No longer the "Effective date of Bill C24" thread.

zardoz said:
I can't remember ever seeing a "closed" thread on this forum. Are there any?
Closed threads - no. Delete threads - yes.

Smile_Canada

Star Member
Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
so do women wear turban too?
Yes by religion Women wear turban too, but by choice some men and women don't. Thats called equality and freedom of choice to both Men and Women.

dpenabill

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2010
As of today, the provisions in the SCCA which came into force on May 28 (CIC web pages report this was May 29, but the Governor in Council Order was dated May 28 and it specified that these provisions came into force on the date of the Order), those adding new grounds for the revocation of citizenship and revising the procedure for revoking citizenship, are now reflected in the Citizenship Act as available at the Justice Laws website . . . finally, nearly four weeks after the Order.

However, those provisions which came into force as of June 11, 2015, per the June 4, 2015 Governor in Council's Order, are still not current at the Justice Laws website (the revisions can be viewed, still, as of today anyway, by following link to provisions not yet in force . . . even though, obviously, they have been in force for nearly two weeks now).

staralihaider

VIP Member
Jun 19, 2010
Pakistan
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First person to get Citizenship revoked under Bill C-24 -

See more at: http://www.toptipsclub.com/blog/immigration-citizenship/first-person-to-get-citizenship-revoked-under-bill-c-24/#sthash.zHq5NLgj.dpuf

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
staralihaider said:
First person to get Citizenship revoked under Bill C-24 -

See more at: http://www.toptipsclub.com/blog/immigration-citizenship/first-person-to-get-citizenship-revoked-under-bill-c-24/#sthash.zHq5NLgj.dpuf
Good riddance :)

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
polara69 said:

The national post article says "Should his Canadian citizenship be revoked, he would be deported."

So, instead of punishing this person for crimes against Canada and Canadians, we will simply deport this person to walk free and possibly join ISIS or whoever?

I really don't understand this.
I'm in favor of hard punishment for terrorist, maybe even in favor of "Guantanamo" style treatment for convicted in terrorism ...
But instead we just let him go? Really?

CanadianCountry

Jan 26, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-02-2010
Doc's Request.
16-03-2010
AOR Received.
24-07-2010
File Transfer...
24-03-2010
Med's Request
Yes
Med's Done....
Yes
Passport Req..
Yes
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
Canadian citizenship has in recent times (specially by Tory govt) downgraded to some club membership. Dont follow the club rules, your membership will be cancelled moreover further entry to the club will be denied.

DND said:
The national post article says "Should his Canadian citizenship be revoked, he would be deported."

So, instead of punishing this person for crimes against Canada and Canadians, we will simply deport this person to walk free and possibly join ISIS or whoever?

I really don't understand this.
I'm in favor of hard punishment for terrorist, maybe even in favor of "Guantanamo" style treatment for convicted in terrorism ...
But instead we just let him go? Really?

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
CanadianCountry said:
Canadian citizenship has in recent times (specially by Tory govt) downgraded to some club membership. Dont follow the club rules, your membership will be cancelled moreover further entry to the club will be denied.
There is that, but still there is bigger issue here.

Conservative government is working to essentially free this man before he completes his 18 year sentence

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
DND said:
There is that, but still there is bigger issue here.

Conservative government is working to essentially free this man before he completes his 18 year sentence
I'm sure he will be punished by his home country. Why should Canadian taxpayers have to bear the cost of housing and feeding this animal?

DND

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
torontosm said:
I'm sure he will be punished by his home country. Why should Canadian taxpayers have to bear the cost of housing and feeding this animal?
His home country is Iran, I'm not at all sure what are they going to do with him. This is also a one example. His home country may as well be Iraq, Syria or any other country in which they may not see his offence in the same light. Moreover even if he is convicted, in his home country who is to guarantee their prison system is good enough to keep him inside for long

Why should Canadian taxpayer bear the cost to house/feed any of it's dangerous criminals (like murderers, mass murderers, rapists etc)?

We are not talking here about "reinstating capital punishment" nor about "torturing dangerous terrorist to obtain valuable information for protecting out citizenship" If this was the case I would understand. Instead we are doing ... What exactly are we trying to do here???