+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArvindXBhatia said:
I sent my package today to stay in the old rules. I became eligible (1095 days) on 7th June. Under the new rules, I would be eligible in August 2017 due to pre-PR time not counting.

Am I sure to get an RQ ? And do you guys think I will save some time by applying under the old rules ?

Thanks !
I hope that you haven't travel abroad, because applying with the bare minimum is not recommended at all in the current situation where the scrutiny from CIC will be higher.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ArvindXBhatia said:
I sent my package today to stay in the old rules. I became eligible (1095 days) on 7th June. Under the new rules, I would be eligible in August 2017 due to pre-PR time not counting.

Am I sure to get an RQ ? And do you guys think I will save some time by applying under the old rules ?

Thanks !
There is no way to guess if anyone gets RQ. People have got RQ with a lot of buffer days as well. I applied with 1096 days and got my citizenship in 7-8 months. I only had one travel out of country though.

Good luck!

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
There is no way to guess if anyone gets RQ. People have got RQ with a lot of buffer days as well. I applied with 1096 days and got my citizenship in 7-8 months. I only had one travel out of country though.

Good luck!
Guys why don't you have fun with long vacations exploring the world. Only one travel out of the country for the last 3-4 years??? I would be so depressed if I stay in one country for a long time.

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MUFC said:
Guys why don't you have fun with long vacations exploring the world. Only one travel out of the country for the last 3-4 years??? I would be so depressed if I stay in one country for a long time.
Haha, I actually had A LOT of travels in Canada. Due to my work, I was travelling to different cities once every 2 weeks or so. I really didn't want to see / sit in a plane again lol

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
OP_POP said:
Haha, I actually had A LOT of travels in Canada. Due to my work, I was travelling to different cities once every 2 weeks or so. I really didn't want to see / sit in a plane again lol
I am talking about vacations and having a wonderful time only chilling and having fun. Meanwhile exploring the world while having fun without thinking about work or job.

ArvindXBhatia

Nov 11, 2010
I had 15 vacations in the last 4 years, 12 in US and 2 in India. I guess that does increase my RQ chances. Anyways, I thought it was best to apply as soon as I am eligible.

Good luck to all of you !

wd1

Star Member
Mar 11, 2015
ArvindXBhatia said:
I had 15 vacations in the last 4 years, 12 in US and 2 in India. I guess that does increase my RQ chances. Anyways, I thought it was best to apply as soon as I am eligible.

Good luck to all of you !
That is a LOT of holidays !!! Do you have any time left for work ?

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wd1 said:
That is a LOT of holidays !!! Do you have any time left for work ?
It's absolutely fine.
I also have 3-4 months of vacations and holidays per year, but I am not working for someone or for corporation to be limited only by the vacation period given from the employer.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
MUFC said:
Is this an offer? Can I send you the bill?

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
Now, about the new law, I think people are focusing on the wrong aspect of it. Here is my opinion:

- The 4/6 rule: Come on guys. This is fair. Four year to become a full citizen? That really sounds fair enough. Ii is an annoyance, yes, but it is fair.

- The Intend to Reside document: It looks to me that it is VERY fair to sign an intend to reside WHILE your citizenship request is still processing. Don't you guys think that looks obvious that you should remain in Canada during that period? I really think this is a very reasonable request. Unless, of course, this "Intend to Reside" can be applied after you become a citizen. In that case I am pretty sure this is unconstitutional.

- Revoke rule: Now... here is the real problem. How can a Minister:

1) Revoke a citizenship?
That makes absolutely no sense. Whatever crime a person commits, that there's nothing to do with his/hers citizenship. This person should be punished accordingly, and that's it. Once a citizen, forever a citizen. Granting the citizenship to someone is almost a bet for the country. It wins the bet way more often that it loses. But when it loses, it should do the damage control and take the loss.

2) Revoke a citizenship without granting the accused to defend himself in court?
I am pretty sure this is unconstitutional. This does not make any sense whatsoever. Everybody has to have the right of a fair trial. Court, judge, jury, everything. I have high hope that the next government will get rid, at least, of this part of the provision. have high hope that the next government will get rid, at least, of this part of the provision.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
I am talking about vacations and having a wonderful time only chilling and having fun. Meanwhile exploring the world while having fun without thinking about work or job.
You can still have vacations and having a wonderful time chilling and having fun, not thinking about work or job without having to leave Canada.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Bigudi said:
Now, about the new law, I think people are focusing on the wrong aspect of it. Here is my opinion:

- The 4/6 rule: Come on guys. This is fair. Four year to become a full citizen? That really sounds fair enough. Ii is an annoyance, yes, but it is fair.

- The Intend to Reside document: It looks to me that it is VERY fair to sign an intend to reside WHILE your citizenship request is still processing. Don't you guys think that looks obvious that you should remain in Canada during that period? I really think this is a very reasonable request. Unless, of course, this "Intend to Reside" can be applied after you become a citizen. In that case I am pretty sure this is unconstitutional.

- Revoke rule: Now... here is the real problem. How can a Minister:

1) Revoke a citizenship?
That makes absolutely no sense. Whatever crime a person commits, that there's nothing to do with his/hers citizenship. This person should be punished accordingly, and that's it. Once a citizen, forever a citizen. Granting the citizenship to someone is almost a bet for the country. It wins the bet way more often that it loses. But when it loses, it should do the damage control and take the loss.

2) Revoke a citizenship without granting the accused to defend himself in court?
I am pretty sure this is unconstitutional. This does not make any sense whatsoever. Everybody has to have the right of a fair trial. Court, judge, jury, everything. I have high hope that the next government will get rid, at least, of this part of the provision. have high hope that the next government will get rid, at least, of this part of the provision.
B) 1. Revoking citizenship. First of all, it only applies to dual citizenships. If you have one citizenship, it can't be revoked. If you to keep a life of terrorism / criminal and keep your Canadian citizenship, formally get rid of all your other citizenships you have. It's that simple.

Besides if a minister can give you citizenship, the minister should still be able to revoke it too.

You made a reference to giving citizenship as a bet. Does this mean banks cannot revoke the loans they give to a person if that person doesn't honor it? If a bank can give you a loan, the bank can cancel it as well.

B) 2. The accused have a right to due process. He has a right to fair trial. Show up in court and defend yourself in the court of law. If you don't want to show up, fine. You will simply be convicted in absence or worst you are basically stuck without a passport. Losing a passport is not the same as losing citizenship.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
You can still have vacations and having a wonderful time chilling and having fun, not thinking about work or job without having to leave Canada.
I need that extra bit of diversity which is available by exploring the world. Tasting different local meals made with local product infront of your eyes, nice broad beaches and palm trees, different local tourist attractions and so on...

I just can't lock myself in one country more than 6 months. Live is very short and having pleasure by exploring the world is number one priority for me.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
MUFC said:
I need that extra bit of diversity which is available by exploring the world. Tasting different local meals made with local product infront of your eyes, nice broad beaches and palm trees, different local tourist attractions and so on...

I just can't lock myself in one country more than 6 months. Live is very short and having pleasure by exploring the world is number one priority for me.
There is nothing wrong with exploring outside Canada. But to suggest that in order to have a good vacation you need to leave Canada is a wrong approach. Canada is quite large and so there is a lot to explore inside Canada as well as outside Canada. You be surprised how much you can discover Canada.

"To each his own" on how people take their vacations.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
There is nothing wrong with exploring outside Canada. But to suggest that in order to have a good vacation you need to leave Canada is a wrong approach. Canada is quite large and so there is a lot to explore inside Canada as well as outside Canada. You be surprised how much you can discover Canada.

"To each his own" on how people take their vacations.
Yes in my case I give a priority to the international vacations.