Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
itsmyid said:
I don't know what the big deal is: so you have to wait one more year ( or up to 2 more years if you were on student or work visa for longer than 2 years before landing), how does it dramatically make your life worse? You already have your PR and are eligible to all the medical/ social benefits, you just can't vote or run for government officials, but I seriously doubt many new immigrants would have what takes to run for mayor or senator after only 3 years in canada. If you intend to live in Canada, one more year of waiting makes minimum difference- I actually know a lot of people in my professional network who have had PR for years and never applied for citizenship, since their home countries don't allow dual citizenship and they don't want to lose the flexibility of visiting families there- they have no plan of moving out of Canada and they enjoy their lives here, same as those citizens, they only thing they can't do is voting
As a very politicized man, I feel it is very difficult to live in a place that I cannot chose my representatives. Voting is one of the most important activities a person can have in its community. I am not kidding, it practically hurts that I cannot vote here (so far).
Not voting really upsets me and makes me feel like a second class inhabitant.
If more people voted in Canada, maybe we would never have that extremely long conservative government, who knows?

So, yes... I understand what you are saying and I partially agree. but please, let's not underestimate the importance of voting. That's what makes a democracy... well... a democracy.

Bigudi

May 22, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-05-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
LANDED..........
08-08-2011
panks123 said:
My application was received last week. Should I be ok?

That's the one million dollar question, my friend.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
David_Parker said:
So guyzz, it's confirmed, the rule for 4/6 is changing on June 11,2015
yes its confirmed:

http://news.gc.ca/web/article-en.do?nid=985259&_ga=1.77266774.2137561142.1432775847

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
I don't know what the big deal is:.........
Trusting the government is the big deal here.

........ I actually know a lot of people in my professional network who have had PR for years and never applied for citizenship, since their home countries don't allow dual citizenship and they don't want to lose the flexibility of visiting families there - they have no plan of moving out of Canada (as long as there is some fruit) and they enjoy their lives here (any body has the money can enjoy the life here), same as those citizens (I bet, so many citizens envy them and just like to live like they do) , they only thing they can't do is voting (and they are not intresting in this at all since they focus on the business only)
Yes you are correct, also I konw so many of those people, especially Asians. For them not only families are important but their business and trade there is the most important.

Where are the strong ties with Canada which the new rules should enforce.

oldfriend

Star Member
Mar 26, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Extreme sadism??? Pluuurrrrreessseeeeee.

You got this weekend to complete the application and send it on Monday on next day delivery service. Plenty of time.

Want extreme sadism??? Try this for sadism. Announced 8am on June 8th that new rules kick in June 11th. You got to sign the application the next day (Assuming you meet 1095 days on the 8th) and mail it next day courier for June 10th.
So expect even the worst in the future.

This just can not happen in so called "civilized" countries !!!

VraiVie

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
HI Everyone, I don't think There is anything wrong with the new bill. It is to protect those who pay taxes, live in Canada and Contribute to the economy. In my case i have 14 days left to have my 1095 days completed. I am eligible around the 21st of june 2015. Rather than waiting for another year and 3 months , Do you think it is a good idea to apply now and put in a note that i have lived in Canada since 2006. Since i travelled a lot so i had some missing days. Now because of the new law change from 11 June, i am just short of 10 days in having 1095 days completed.

Would that cause a big problem? Is it better to wait for another year and 3 months. I am in no hurry but i believe in trying for any possibilities. Please people with knowledge and serious intent to help reply this message, i am not looking for fun. Its a serious question.

neutral

Mar 19, 2015
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
itsmyid said:
I actually know a lot of people in my professional network who have had PR for years and never applied for citizenship, since their home countries don't allow dual citizenship and they don't want to lose the flexibility of visiting families there- they have no plan of moving out of Canada and they enjoy their lives here, same as those citizens, they only thing they can't do is voting
Yeah, until one of your friends would need to stay abroad taking care of his sick parent and then suddenly realize that he has not meet the residency requirements and that his permanent resident card expired ....

peterperez

Star Member
Mar 18, 2015
Contact : http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/profiles/crimesinister-u563071.html

Member : crimesinister

You can browse him he is in this site going to file lawsuit

Please try to help him financially if you wanna stop this bill

His member is crimesinister

I'm planning to mount and injunction to stop the provisions of Bill C-24 coming into force on June 11. The basis of my injunction are as follows:

1. CIC didn't pre-publish the proposed regulation in the Canada Gazette, Part I as required by specific legal requirements set out in the Statutory Instruments Act and by policy requirements that are articulated in the Cabinet Directive on Streamlining Regulation (CDSR). CIC did publish "Notice of Intent," but not the proposed regulations including the regulatory impact assessment statement (RIAS). In Tłı̨chǫ Government v. Canada (Attorney General), the court held that "Consultation in a manner that conforms to the legal obligations of the consulting party must occur before the impugned activity takes place. As it is aimed at fostering agreement, consultation which occurs after the fact will likely be largely meaningless and the harm that ensues cannot be compensated through damages" and granted Tłı̨chǫ Government injuctive relief and ordered suspending the coming into force of the impugned regulations.

2. Just for good measure, I am going to argue that the "intent to reside" provision of the regulations coming into force are not compatible with the S6 of the Charter with states 6. (1) Every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada

My plan is to get a lawyer first thing Monday morning and proceed with this. I invite anyone interested to collaborate with me to make this happen by responding here.

Jaya1985

Star Member
Jan 31, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-04-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
File Transfer...
03-07-2014
Med's Done....
01-04-2014
Passport Req..
Not yet
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
soon
Paco said:
It means you can't add the years you stayed less than 6 months in the country to your total days.

for example:
Year 1: 3 months stay
Year 2: 4 months stay
Year 3: full 1 year stay
Year 4: 8 months stay
Year 5: 3 months stay
Year 6: 2 months stay

Total: 1 year + 8 months only.
Hi , I have couple of questions regarding the New Bill , They didn't mention , Pre - PR days are going to out ?

How to calculate 183 Days per Year . In my case , I became PR on July 17th 2013 ( Already 183 past , i lived Full Year in 2013 , but > 183 days as NON PR ) , That means my Year going to start from 2014 ?

OP_POP

Oct 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emamabd said:
why should they even bring temporary workers in the first place when there are skilled PRs and canadians looking for jobs? that is a defect in its own.
Because they have skilled and could find a job vs. some of the PRs here are not good enough / can't enter the society / are only good for whining on forums.

Don't get me wrong, there are MANY people who come as PRs and can find GREAT jobs, but some of them are not a good match and just keep complaining. Great example: peterperez who is whining in every single thread.