+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effective date of Bill C24

Travel Dream

Sep 20, 2010
MUFC said:
Think about it this way, The more extra buffer of days the less suspicious for the processing agent the application looks like.

For me the only people who will have good excuse to apply with the bare minimum or with very little minimum of extra buffer are those who will be very very close to the real cut-off date when is officially published.

I thought these extra days only for people who made many trips and they are not sure about the exact dates. My opinion is these two weeks or month extra will not give you any advantages unless if you want your file looks perfect you should wait at least more than 6 months extra after you become eligible but one or two weeks will not make any difference to the processing agent.

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Travel Dream said:
I thought these extra days only for people who made many trips and they are not sure about the exact dates. My opinion is these two weeks or month extra will not give you any advantages unless if you want your file looks perfect you should wait at least more than 6 months extra after you become eligible but one or two weeks will not make any difference to the processing agent.
If I was eligible to apply soon I would give myself a buffer of minimum 15 days, and maximum 30days.

Everything more then that is too much extra buffer.

In general yes , for every trip is a good idea to give a little extra days for each travel.

Sa3Sa3

Apr 11, 2012
Saskatoon
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2012-07-27
I landed in Jul 2012. But, I will complete the 1095 days by Dec 2015.

It looks like 2015 is the not the year for me. It also looks like 2016 is not the year for me tooooo

Just relax and hope that I will not be in the same situation like those who are ready to apply in Jun or Jul. It is really very stressful for them.

My best wishes to all of you.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
For the grace of God.
May 12 2015.
34 days to my application date

8) 8) 8) NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS 8) 8) 8)

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I see that the main reason and source for the anxiety of some potential applicants comes from the fear that the real and official cut off date will be published in the last moment.

This scenario have never happened before regarding main stream immigration programs for PRs and citizenship on provincial and federal level.

Last example "the Express entry" the official cut off date was known well in advance.

Every time when huge amount of PRs will be affected there have always been a decent final and official notice well before the actual cut off date.

Adam3131

Apr 29, 2015
Hi everyone,
Help please!!!!!!!
I went to the US (feb 2012) for three days prior to getting my CA PR. What happened is that I did not know I had to hand over the I-94 form on my way back (first time going to US and didn’t know what to do with it). When I crossed the borders again to get my PR, the US guys told me when did you return? Why didn’t you provide us with I-94? I explained everything and I said I can show you my return flight tickets. So they stamped a date that is six months after my original entry to the US. My question is what would my CBSA report show? Should I submit my flight tickets for that trip on my original application? I was only out of the country for three days not six month. It would make a huge impact on my citizenship application as I am eligible on May 25th.
Thank you very much everyone.

bananaman

Jan 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Adam3131 said:
Hi everyone,
Help please!!!!!!!
I went to the US (feb 2012) for three days prior to getting my CA PR. What happened is that I did not know I had to hand over the I-94 form on my way back (first time going to US and didn't know what to do with it). When I crossed the borders again to get my PR, the US guys told me when did you return? Why didn't you provide us with I-94? I explained everything and I said I can show you my return flight tickets. So they stamped a date that is six months after my original entry to the US. My question is what would my CBSA report show? Should I submit my flight tickets for that trip on my original application? I was only out of the country for three days not six month. It would make a huge impact on my citizenship application as I am eligible on May 25th.
Thank you very much everyone.
Are you sure the stamp six months later is an exit stamp? I don't think the US would typically stamp for an exit, maybe the date six months later was your next entry into the US?

In any case, the CBSA records should show the date you re-entered Canada. You can request records from CBSA to check, but it's a 30 day turnaround so you wouldn't have it by May 25th. The only issue might be later on if they review passport stamps, if indeed it is an exit date.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
For the grace of God.
May 12 2015. afternoon
34 days to my application date

8) 8) 8) NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS 8) 8) 8)

Dec 9, 2009
Today I called CIC and ask about the effective date and she was telling that it may not be effective this year 2015, May be it come into force frpm the next year 2016.

A very Gooooood Newssssss to All waiting to apply for citizenship sooon.

sidestep4u

Sep 27, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
surrey bc
NOC Code......
citizenship
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
dec 19 2016
Interview........
mar 9 2017
21685 said:
Today I called CIC and ask about the effective date and she was telling that it may not be effective this year 2015, May be it come into force frpm the next year 2016.

wow. hope so . i become eligible nov 15. 6 month from now

MUFC

Champion Member
Jul 14, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think you all should stop asking the call centre and focus your attention only to official publications.

The Governor will decide the actual cut off date. There is no way a regular call clerk to know such information.

This issue have been discussed here many times, but the people keep on making the same mistake.

CIC call centre Doesn't know just like us, the general public.

The information regarding the actual cut off date from the call centre IS NOT RELIABLE

Try to refrain calling them for that.

ari5323

Mar 31, 2011
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
12-07-2010
LANDED..........
Dec-08-2011
21685 said:

Strange ;D