+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect of COVID19 On Visa Applications for May 2020 intake

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
I m originally from Pakistan and i applied from UAE.
not sds the normal visa.
here you said you applied normal not SDS so normal processing for pakistanies is 12 weeks which can be checked from.official web site . I also sent link of process before .and you sent me link of SDS.i am not arguing i am just clarifying .

Awais Tahir

Jan 19, 2020
you must have applied and showed your residance in uae u have aqama .
so you applied as a uae reaident not Pakistani resident.as rules are same for all.
This was the thing i was trying to make u understand. That i applied as a uae resident. Not pakistani.
so my processing time is 6 weeks.
Bcz a lot of pakistani n indian students got their visa approval with in 6 weeks from here.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
This was the thing i was trying to make u understand. That i applied as a uae resident. Not pakistani.
so my processing time is 6 weeks.
Bcz a lot of pakistani n indian students got their visa approval with in 6 weeks from here.
ahaha.... right but you never mentioned you are uae resident.you just said u applied from.uae and are from Pakistan. any ways good luck and let me.know out come.

Reactions: Awais Tahir

ASTONMARTIN0614

Star Member
Dec 19, 2018
.I am a Filipino and I applied online last January 28. I am currently working in Singapore and I have processed my biometrics here. I have received a notification of biometrics application the next day but only done it on the 13th of February due to appointment slot availability. I received a letter last 27th of February informing me that I need to have a medical examination. I was only able to go on the 7th of March. IRCC, through my GC Account has informed me that I passed the medical exam on the 27th of March. On the 2nd of April i received a correspondence letter of my biometrics validity. After that, there's nothing.

I have been seeing from those forum that usually, shortly after receiving a correspondence letter, you will receive the decision. However for my case, I have not received anything.

getsthingsdone

Star Member
Feb 5, 2020
.I am a Filipino and I applied online last January 28. I am currently working in Singapore and I have processed my biometrics here. I have received a notification of biometrics application the next day but only done it on the 13th of February due to appointment slot availability. I received a letter last 27th of February informing me that I need to have a medical examination. I was only able to go on the 7th of March. IRCC, through my GC Account has informed me that I passed the medical exam on the 27th of March. On the 2nd of April i received a correspondence letter of my biometrics validity. After that, there's nothing.

I have been seeing from those forum that usually, shortly after receiving a correspondence letter, you will receive the decision. However for my case, I have not received anything.
At least you got updates after 23rd March, for the rest of us it is a complete black hole. No update for anything.

Shazd85

Oct 28, 2019
Submitted application in January 23rd in Pakistan through SDS
Interviewed on February 12th
Received a correspondent letter on March 31
Still waiting for final decision...

PindPunjab

Mar 27, 2020
Hi there;
My classes were supposed to start by May11 but due to COVID-19 I deferred it for Sep2020.
But, I still haven’t received the visa .Now my Councellor is saying u will receive visa as per September 2020 intake which is may be in month of August. How true is this???
Any help would be appreciated...

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Hi there;
My classes were supposed to start by May11 but due to COVID-19 I deferred it for Sep2020.
But, I still haven’t received the visa .Now my Councellor is saying u will receive visa as per September 2020 intake which is may be in month of August. How true is this???
Any help would be appreciated...
no one right now knows this

Kannan91

Star Member
Feb 25, 2020

Applied from Singapore as well. Received Correspondence letter on 8th April. Waiting for decision. Have you received any update?