+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Effect of COVID19 On Visa Applications for May 2020 intake

PindPunjab

Mar 27, 2020
I have applied for May intake 2020 completed my biometric on 7 Mar 2020. But since then haven't received any response so does that indicate my application hasn't been considered or it's because of pandemic COVID19.
My classes are supposed to start on May 11...Will it start on schedule time?? Will it be delayed?? Any possibilities that May intake might defer to Sep Intake??
Any help would be appreciated..

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020
I have applied for May intake 2020 completed my biometric on 7 Mar 2020. But since then haven't received any response so does that indicate my application hasn't been considered or it's because of pandemic COVID19.
My classes are supposed to start on May 11...Will it start on schedule time?? Will it be delayed?? Any possibilities that May intake might defer to Sep Intake??
Which college?

Drsunmeet Singh

Mar 26, 2020
Conestoga
See first of all check your application status from gckey if applied online while on the other side i think just call or email international department about your situation and if you want they will defer you it's not that difficult but i recommend you wait till visa to avoid any confusion

Reactions: UTHM4N

Meet577

Nov 4, 2019
Whats your status of your visa?

Awais Tahir

Jan 19, 2020
Same here Bro.
I applied from Dubai on 02 March 2020, Got my biometric done on 05 March 2020, still waiting for response for visa.
I checked from UAE visa application time is 6 weeks.
So waiting for get response in 10 days.
all the best to everyone.
If u got any info regarding may-2020 intake defer or travel restrictions do let me know as well.
Thanks.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Same here Bro.
I applied from Dubai on 02 March 2020, Got my biometric done on 05 March 2020, still waiting for response for visa.
I checked from UAE visa application time is 6 weeks.
So waiting for get response in 10 days.
all the best to everyone.
If u got any info regarding may-2020 intake defer or travel restrictions do let me know as well.
Thanks.
where r u from and did you applied through SDS ?

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
I m originally from Pakistan and i applied from UAE.
not sds the normal visa.
you are from Pakistan so your time for processing will be as Pakistanis weather apply from UAE USA Australia etc etc.and Pakistan study time prossec is new 12 week before last week it was 11 weeks.I have applied for my nephew through SDS paid 23000$ anual fee 10200$ gic advance on 27th Feb biomateics done 2nd march medical passed and review of elegbility started .and after 3rd march no further update till
now

Awais Tahir

Jan 19, 2020
you are from Pakistan so your time for processing will be as Pakistanis weather apply from UAE USA Australia etc etc.and Pakistan study time prossec is new 12 week before last week it was 11 weeks.I have applied for my nephew through SDS paid 23000$ anual fee 10200$ gic advance on 27th Feb biomateics done 2nd march medical passed and review of elegbility started .and after 3rd march no further update till
now
My dear u have wrong info.
visa time for pakistanies through sds is now 3-4 weeks.
I applied as a uae resident. And checked online the processing time is 6 weeks from UAE.
Please always if you dnt have any confirmed info never pass it on without any study.
Thank u.

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
I applied as a uae resident. And checked online the processing time is 6 weeks from UAE.
Please always if you dnt have any confirmed info never pass it on without any study.
Thank u.
kindly send me cic website link . let me see may be i have special different version of information then rest of world . I will be waiting for your kind response and your great guiedness

Last edited:

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
Thank u.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
as you are Pakistani citizen you have to clip Pakistan in option not UAE.
after that let me know the processing time for staudy permit for pakistanies.

Awais Tahir

Jan 19, 2020

Awais Tahir

Jan 19, 2020
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-processing-times.html
as you are Pakistani citizen you have to clip Pakistan in option not UAE.
after that let me know the processing time for staudy permit for pakistanies.
And for ur info when i applied through sds as a pakistani they replied u cant do that while u r in dubai. And even they rejected my GIC application as well.
And if i m not wrong all pakistani students require medical test. Y i am exempted?
We are not here to argue for no reason.
Just to clarify ur doubts.
Thanks.

Reactions: vikenfirakezi

demme343

Champion Member
Aug 17, 2012
And for ur info when i applied through sds as a pakistani they replied u cant do that while u r in dubai. And even they rejected my GIC application as well.
And if i m not wrong all pakistani students require medical test. Y i am exempted?
We are not here to argue for no reason.
Just to clarify ur doubts.
Thanks.
you must have applied and showed your residance in uae u have aqama .
so you applied as a uae reaident not Pakistani resident.as rules are same for all.