+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

How does the COVID travel ban to Canada affect Study Visa holders about to enter for May 2020 intake?

noelvictoria

Mar 24, 2019
I have an approved study visa and my school will start on May 2020. I am registered/enrolled already and supposed to travel to Canada on April 7, 2020.

For those in a similar situation, what do we do now? Do we just wait for the ban to be lifted? What if they lift it after my school starts on May 7? Do I defer to September 2020 intake?

I will be going to KPU in BC.

Asive

Aug 28, 2019
I am also in the same situation. I am supposed to travel next week but I don’t know what will happen.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
You cant travel until further notice, no one knows what will happen to summer semester at this point, all schools are closed, there should be some communication from the schools in the next week or 2.

ban foreign nationals from all countries except the United States from entering Canada. This measure does not apply to air crews, travellers arriving in Canada in transit to a third country, Canadian permanent residents, diplomats or immediate family members of Canadian citizens.

Ansonwu

Jan 27, 2020
Same situation... I was supposed to enroll in my program this January, but the visa was delayed...
Hope Canada gov can make an exemption for foreign students, 14 days compulsory quarantine is acceptable

Reactions: Suban puri

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Same situation... I was supposed to enroll in my program this January, but the visa was delayed...
Hope Canada gov can make an exemption for foreign students, 14 days compulsory quarantine is acceptable
If schools are closed no point in coming until they plan to open again. As for 14 days quarantine much easier just to ban foreign nationals given limited resources have far more important things to do than police people keeping to the quarantine requirement. Foreign nationals can simply wait it out and quarantine themselves if required in their home country.

Reactions: bellaluna

GMP97

Jun 25, 2019
Pakistan, Karachi
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
22-11-2019
Passport Req..
19-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
23/12/2019
LANDED..........
25/12/2019
I have an approved study visa and my school will start on May 2020. I am registered/enrolled already and supposed to travel to Canada on April 7, 2020.

For those in a similar situation, what do we do now? Do we just wait for the ban to be lifted? What if they lift it after my school starts on May 7? Do I defer to September 2020 intake?

I will be going to KPU in BC.
all travel is banned as of 18 march delay your flight

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
There won’t be an exception. As pointed out, schools are closed so you won’t be attending until that changes.

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
There will be some clarification of what happens for May semester/Int students soon, some schools begin online studies next week, so probably in a week or 2.