+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Question:Has I applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Guys, I had applied under FSW in 2014 and my application had 'returned' due to an unacceptable document. Should I answer 'Yes' to this question in EE profile?

deeksh25

Oct 13, 2018
Send a CSE quick.
Hi @kryt0n!!
If you could please answer my query, would really appreciate!
So, I got two reference letters from my employer. When I got nominated by Alberta, Alberta wanted a few more details on reference letter
So I made my employer write those additional requirements. But he made a typo Instead of writing my employment finished on December 2017,
he wrote December 2107. Anyways I ust put a line and corrected that wrote 2017 for alberta and got nomination

But Now, Post-ITA, IRCC is very strict about typos. Can I still put that line and write 2017? Should I create a LOE?
My emplloyer gave me a letter before AINP which has no typo but it isn't the same I sent to Alberta, it looks different (letterhead)
as it is not a big company, they don;t have letterhead.

What do you suggest I do?
THANKS A LOT

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
Guys, I had applied under FSW in 2014 and my application had 'returned' due to an unacceptable document. Should I answer 'Yes' to this question in EE profile?
Hey Dear. Would you be able to tell what document went incomplete due to which your application was returned?

EnthuChap

Jun 9, 2014
Toronto
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
01-12-2019
Doc's Request.
22-01-2020
Nomination.....
26-11-2019
AOR Received.
01-12-2019
Med's Request
02-11-2019
Med's Done....
17-01-2020
Passport Req..
06-04-2021
LANDED..........
10-09-2021
Aug 16, 2019
Answer "yes" only if you've applied for a study/work/visit permit OR if you've submitted an e-APR in the past.
Hi DelPeiro07,

I did the same mistake. I have applied for visitor visa long back. While applying for express entry profile, I answered NO as I thought the question for appying citizenship and other permits. After I have recieved ITA, I am in dilemma whether to update the question as "YES". If I update the question as "Yes", will there be any issue after submission of the application.

Please advise.

Kiara1987

Sep 9, 2019
Should say yes, If you applied for Student/WP or any application to IRCC.
Hi,

I have a similar question.. sorry to ask again but just want to be absolutely clear.

For this question "Has "…." applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?
I had applied for a visit visa and received it as well 2 years ago, but have never applied for immigration. Should I answer Yes or No to this question.

Please help.

Thanks!

notoriousRTG

Oct 2, 2018
I had an expired Express entry account and got the EE Profile number, but UCI is not available anymore.

What should be the answer in this situation. Should I answer "YES" and put only the PR File Number without the UCI?

Hope someone can shed some light on this soon.

Thanks!

tagarzain555

Star Member
Aug 4, 2019
I had an expired Express entry account and got the EE Profile number, but UCI is not available anymore.

What should be the answer in this situation. Should I answer "YES" and put only the PR File Number without the UCI?

Hope someone can shed some light on this soon.

Thanks!
If you werent alloted any UCI Number or even if you dont remember it, leave the column blank.

Put the previous EE profile number mandatory!

notoriousRTG

Oct 2, 2018
If you werent alloted any UCI Number or even if you dont remember it, leave the column blank.

Put the previous EE profile number mandatory!
In the Application "Tell us about XXX's previous applications to Canada, countries of citizenship, and the country where he/she currently lives." section, there are 2 questions.
1) Has X applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? Yes or No
So this should be Yes

2) Has X applied for Permanent Residence (PR) before? Yes or No
My question is that even though I had submitted 2 EE applications and got ITA only for the latest application.

But when considering that the old Express Entry profile became ineligible, I did not get to apply for a PR application.

Should say that I have applied for PR and state the old application Number "E0010XXXX1" and leave UCI blank? or say "NO" because I am filling the Permanent Residency application received from the latest Express Entry application.

TinaaniT

May 4, 2020
Hi All,

I have a paper based application in progress with my spouse as dependent.

I am now creating a EE profile with my spouse as primary application. She already have a UCI number through paper based application.

Should reply to this question: "Has NAME applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" should be yes or no?

She is a dependent in paper based application but has a UCI. In EE she is the primary applicant.
Hi, May I ask how's your wife's EE application? you said she answered "no" for the "Has NAME applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?" question. Is there any problem? cause I have a similar situation. Your prompt response is really appreciated.

sri_12

Feb 23, 2020
Hi guys i have the same issue.........
I have submitted my profile, received ITA, and submitted the eapplication and documents using express entry.
In the Question
Has I applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before

I answered NO.

(My history: studied in canada, worked in canada, and applied under cec outlander)

I have submitted CSE, explaining the same and provided my UCI number....

Any thing else i need to do?
Also if rajat can also comment, what happen in his case?

Thank you so much

DID YOU RECEIVE PR?

sri_12

Feb 23, 2020
Hey guys! I have a feeling that I said NO because I did not provide my UCI number. I thought it means if I ever applied for immigration before.
Anyway, I submitted my docs with my work permit, and they changed my UCI number to a previous one in the profile. Is it gonna be an issue?
I applied one month ago

Hi, how did you know they changed your UCI?? Also, did you get your PR without any glitches? HELP!

maddy can

May 16, 2021
hello few month back I have applied for EE and now when I want to made some changes in my application I accidently submit it before saving my changes and the status of my application changes to ineligible and for that I have to apply through a fresh application. My ques is what should I write in the column
Has applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before? (required)

Note: My application was just in pool did not get any ITA.

rakhwinder

Jul 21, 2021
I have encountered same question

Has Name applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?
However I have applied in express entry but I was not able to make in pool. Should I answer it as yes?