+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Question:Has I applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before

sorutome

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Hey,

I got a simple question when I look at my online express entry application.

I saw this question under Immigration history and Citizenship:

Has MYNAME applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

I am thinking that this question isn't asking whether I have applied work/study permit(CIC) before. Instead, it is asking me whether I have applied for PR, Citizenship or Refugee only. So in this case I should say "NO". am I right?

Thanks!!!

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
Should say yes, If you applied for Student/WP or any application to IRCC.

Reactions: aralizadegan

sorutome

Star Member
May 17, 2016
nmeka said:
Should say yes, If you applied for Student/WP or any application to IRCC.
Is study/work permit under IRCC? I am not sure if IRCC is responsible for issuing Study/work permit.... Isn't IRCC only for PR, Refugee and Citizenship application?

nmeka

Jan 19, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
20-nov-2015
Passport Req..
03-may-2016
LANDED..........
24-May-2016
sorutome said:
Is study/work permit under IRCC? I am not sure if IRCC is responsible for issuing Study/work permit.... Isn't IRCC only for PR, Refugee and Citizenship application?
Wait for more replies just to make sure. But i answered yes for this question in my application.

pfse

Mar 20, 2014
sorutome said:
Hey,

I got a simple question when I look at my online express entry application.

I saw this question under Immigration history and Citizenship:

Has MYNAME applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

I am thinking that this question isn't asking whether I have applied work/study permit(CIC) before. Instead, it is asking me whether I have applied for PR, Citizenship or Refugee only. So in this case I should say "NO". am I right?

Thanks!!!
The answer is yes. "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" is a name of government organization which is responsible for all "immigration business" (including work permits and study permits).

DOD

Feb 24, 2016
I had answered 'YES' too, even though I had applied for TRV-Visitor.

IRCC is the new name for CIC. Applications to IRCC are not limited to permanent residence only. If you check on the website, all visa categories are listed under the 'Immigration' tab.

If I understood your query correct, you are trying to imply that since you didn't apply to immigrate earlier, it should not be considered as an application to IRCC. Based on the above, if you have applied for any visa/permit for Canada, then your answer should be 'YES'

Hope I was able to help you.

sorutome

Star Member
May 17, 2016
Thanks everybody for your time and detailed replies. I believe you guys are correct and I need to change my answer to "YES".

Appreciate your help!

AKM84

Aug 3, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi All,

I hope someone can help me with my situation.

Back in 2007/2008 my eldest brother applied to sponsor my parents and since I was a dependent back then, I was included is the file. For some reason the sponsorship/file was rejected.

Now I am applying as a main applicant. How should I answer this question "Have YOU applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before?

Rajat2369

Dec 26, 2016
For the question have you applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before I answered no although I have applied for my work permit and study permit and have the uci number.

Will this result in my application being rejected?

Rajat2369

Dec 26, 2016
pfse said:
The answer is yes. "Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada" is a name of government organization which is responsible for all "immigration business" (including work permits and study permits).
For the question have you applied for immigration refugee and citizenship Canada before I answered no although I have applied for my work permit and study permit and have the uci number.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
Rajat2369 said:

Send a CSE quick.

montyair

Apr 14, 2016
Hi guys i have the same issue.........
I have submitted my profile, received ITA, and submitted the eapplication and documents using express entry.
In the Question
Has I applied to Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada before

I answered NO.

(My history: studied in canada, worked in canada, and applied under cec outlander)

I have submitted CSE, explaining the same and provided my UCI number....

Any thing else i need to do?
Also if rajat can also comment, what happen in his case?

Thank you so much

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
montyair said:
I have submitted my profile, received ITA, and submitted the eapplication and documents using express entry.
In the Question

I answered NO.

(My history: studied in canada, worked in canada, and applied under cec outlander)

Thank you so much
Just wait and hope you're not rejected.

cora102092

Nov 6, 2015
montyair said:
In the Question

I answered NO.

Thank you so much
Same here, studied and worked in canada. I applied under CEC inland. I guess the CSE is the only thing I can do to correct this mistake? Can someone explain what's CSE? and how do you do that?

Thanks!!