+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Profile without accompanying spouse

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Can anyone please shed some light on applying without an accompanying spouse? My spouse is in the process of doing her ECA and sitting for the IELTS exam. However, with my spouse I can only reach up to 430 score and if I apply without an accompanying spouse I can go up to 446. That is why, I'm wondering whether I should apply without an accompanying spouse and if that is the case what is the procedure to get the spouse to live with me in Canada after sometime.

what is the process and how long does it take?
What is the estimated timeline for that?
After reaching canada how long do I have to wait until I can apply for the spouse and daughter?

Any info regarding the issue or suggestions on what I should do will be very much appreciated.

Last edited:

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone please shed some light on applying without an accompanying spouse? My spouse is in the process of doing her ECA and sitting for the IELTS exam. However, with my spouse I can only reach up to 430 score and if I apply without an accompanying spouse I can go up to 446. That is why, I'm wondering whether I should apply without an accompanying spouse and if that is the case what is the procedure to get the spouse to live with me in Canada after sometime.

what is the process and how long does it take?
What is the estimatrdeded timeline for that?
After reaching canada how long do I have to wait until I can apply for the spouse and daughter?

Any info regarding the issue or suggestions on what I should do will be very much appreciated.
1 - Sponsorship.
2 - Up to 12 months.
3 - You can start the process as soon as you become PR and living in Canada.

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
1 - Sponsorship.
2 - Up to 12 months.
3 - You can start the process as soon as you become PR and living in Canada.
Then it seems rather very easy and 12 months also seem very short and managable. But then why dont many other applicant go for that route? Is there something that I am missing?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Then it seems rather very easy and 12 months also seem very short and managable. But then why dont many other applicant go for that route? Is there something that I am missing?
Well some people do not want to be separated for that long so they choose to apply together.

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Well some people do not want to be separated for that long so they choose to apply together.
In such case do I have to provide any explanation letter like why I am leaving my spouse and daughter behind? And while I am in Canada and the sponsorship of my spouse and daughter pending, can they come visit and live with me on a visit visa?

DelPiero07

VIP Member
Oct 2, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
In such case do I have to provide any explanation letter like why I am leaving my spouse and daughter behind? And while I am in Canada and the sponsorship of my spouse and daughter pending, can they come visit and live with me on a visit visa?
Yes, there will be a section Post-ITA where you can explain why your dependents are non-accompanying.

I rather not answer your second question.

Reactions: summerxx

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
Yes, there will be a section Post-ITA where you can explain why your dependents are non-accompanying.

I rather not answer your second question.
Alright mate thanks a lot, you have provided some really useful insight. Much appreciated.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Because it is gaming the system. Nonetheless, some people do it if they feel they have no choice. Other people find a way to maximize points so that they can immigrate together.

If your spouse and daughter are non-accompanying, they will still need to do the medical exams and your wife will still need to do the police clearances, in order to preserve your right to sponsor them later.

special3220

Jul 15, 2017
NOC Code......
To be honest I have no intention of cheating with the system. Getting to Canada and settling there is of a real concern for me. I know the early days will be a struggle for me and I dont want wife and daughter to go through that. It would be preferable for me to have them beside me when I have a job there and when I managed to familiarize myself with the new country.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
To be honest I have no intention of cheating with the system. Getting to Canada and settling there is of a real concern for me. I know the early days will be a struggle for me and I dont want wife and daughter to go through that. It would be preferable for me to have them beside me when I have a job there and when I managed to familiarize myself with the new country.
That sounds like a reasonable explanation. Good luck -