+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE PROFILE - STEPS TO CREATE Plus DISCUSS YOUR QUERIES HERE

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
ayen27 said:
Hi All,
Happy New Year! :)
I am one of those applicants who didn't make it to FSW 2014. I am trying to use the tool, come to Canada and I was given a result I am not eligible.
However, I was still given a personal reference code starting with VYxxxxxxxxxxx (x represent numbers).

Can I still create an express entry profile using this code? Please advise. :)

P.S. I got 72 pts for NOC 2171 under FSW 2014 but just didn't made it. The quota has reached the max no of applicants before I was able to submit it. :(
Hey ayen,

Better luck on EE! If you don't have an UCI - a number of eight digits 0000-0000 - you should say that this is your first application to the CIC. I've called them yesterday and they confirmed this to me.

Have you said you had enough money? Maybe that's the problem. You won't be able to create a profile if the tool doesn't say you are eligible. Maybe you'll need to upgrade your IELTS. Try to change the IELTS a bit to see if that's the problem.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
techie85 said:
Hi All,

I am just starting to prepare for filling my application, few questions I have if someone can answer please:

1. Is getting the ECA done mandatory ?
2. My IELTS score is S 7.5 , L 6.5 , R 6.5 , W 6.5 . Even though this makes me eligible I think, but still should I write IELTS again to get a better score which probably would improve chances of getting the application selected.
3. Including my spouse in the application reduces the points, can I file alone for myself first and apply for my spouse later?
As somebody already answered:

1. ECA is mandatory if you diploma wasn't issued in Canada.

2. You should try to get a better IELTS. Top scores are obtained with L 8.5, R 8.0, W 7.5, S 7.5. Top Transferability with L 8.0, R 7.5, W 7.0, S 7.0.

3. That's a tricky question, and I haven't seen a definitive answer yet. To get a better score, do you have to just say your wife isn't going with you, but you keep saying you are married? If so, I guess it's possible to add her latter as family class... But I wouldn't recommend doing so. Again, try calling CIC to be sure: "001-613-944-4000 Options 111 111 31", wait until an agent talks to you.

MedZed

Jun 5, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
techie85 said:
Hi All,

I am just starting to prepare for filling my application, few questions I have if someone can answer please:

1. Is getting the ECA done mandatory ?
2. My IELTS score is S 7.5 , L 6.5 , R 6.5 , W 6.5 . Even though this makes me eligible I think, but still should I write IELTS again to get a better score which probably would improve chances of getting the application selected.
3. Including my spouse in the application reduces the points, can I file alone for myself first and apply for my spouse later?
idefix answered you completely,I just want to add some notes to his answers about question 3,
Either your application includes your spouse or not,you have to choose your marital status as "married",If you don't do this,it would be misrepresentation and you will not be able to apply for 5 years.So be very careful about that.

ayen27

Star Member
Aug 16, 2014
idefix said:
Hey ayen,

Better luck on EE! If you don't have an UCI - a number of eight digits 0000-0000 - you should say that this is your first application to the CIC. I've called them yesterday and they confirmed this to me.

Have you said you had enough money? Maybe that's the problem. You won't be able to create a profile if the tool doesn't say you are eligible. Maybe you'll need to upgrade your IELTS. Try to change the IELTS a bit to see if that's the problem.
Hi idefix, thanks for the information. I mentioned the amount CAD 21k-24k. This is the same amount I prepared for last year's FSW.
My ielts score is
R-7.0
W-6.0
S-7.5
L-7.0

THis is the message I got after I used the Canada tool:

Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry.

However, you can still complete an express entry profile.
To be accepted in the pool, you must first demonstrate that you meet the minimum criteria for express entry.

To apply online, you will need this personal reference code: VYxxxxxxxxx (x-10 digit) code

Am I still eligible to create an EE profile? I was given a code so unsure what does it mean.
I am crossing my fingers that I can still create an EE profile.

abc90

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-Nov-2014 (CC Charged)
AOR Received.
05-Dec-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
11-Feb-15 SLU
Med's Request
Mar 28th Med done
Med's Done....
TLU 8th Apr
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-15
AAA2133 said:
There is a verification code and a EE profile no (written in the pdf file sent to you after submission) that you need to feed into Jobbank system.
Still I didn't get any PDF to my email. just an acknowledgement. How long will it take to get PDF email. Or from where PDF file can be taken.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
ayen27 said:
Hi idefix, thanks for the information. I mentioned the amount CAD 21k-24k. This is the same amount I prepared for last year's FSW.
My ielts score is
R-7.0
W-6.0
S-7.5
L-7.0

THis is the message I got after I used the Canada tool:

Based on your answers, you do not appear to be eligible for Express Entry.

However, you can still complete an express entry profile.
To be accepted in the pool, you must first demonstrate that you meet the minimum criteria for express entry.

To apply online, you will need this personal reference code: VYxxxxxxxxx (x-10 digit) code

Am I still eligible to create an EE profile? I was given a code so unsure what does it mean.
I am crossing my fingers that I can still create an EE profile.
If you have a reference code, go ahead and create a profile. After that, you will get a detailed explanation of every grade in your score and you will be able to better understand why you are eligible or not.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
abc90 said:
Still I didn't get any PDF to my email. just an acknowledgement. How long will it take to get PDF email. Or from where PDF file can be taken.
Click down on the message acknowledgement. There will be a PDF there for download.

abc90

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-Nov-2014 (CC Charged)
AOR Received.
05-Dec-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
11-Feb-15 SLU
Med's Request
Mar 28th Med done
Med's Done....
TLU 8th Apr
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-15
idefix said:
Click down on the message acknowledgement. There will be a PDF there for download.
I've given 2 times +1 for u. also one time for AAA.

DME is Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 3yr course. I selected Trade/Vocational.. is it ok. DME is like technical course conducted in Polytechnic.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
abc90 said:
I've given 2 times +1 for u. also one time for AAA.

DME is Diploma in Mechanical Engineering 3yr course. I selected Trade/Vocational.. is it ok. DME is like technical course conducted in Polytechnic.
IMHO, everything in Engineering is Applied Sciences... even if it's a short course.

Shaaq Kham

Dec 4, 2014
Guys my question is under Education history "Complete/full academic years" what do i mention? The length of the program or the number of years the program was for.

Thanks

abc90

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-Nov-2014 (CC Charged)
AOR Received.
05-Dec-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
11-Feb-15 SLU
Med's Request
Mar 28th Med done
Med's Done....
TLU 8th Apr
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-15
idefix said:
IMHO, everything in Engineering is Applied Sciences... even if it's a short course.
+1
I taken link. I'll correct despite submitted. also transfer & electronically sign. Thanks idefix.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
Shaaq Kham said:
Guys my question is under Education history "Complete/full academic years" what do i mention? The length of the program or the number of years the program was for.

Thanks
The number of years the program was originally for. If you took 7 years to complete a 5 year course, you should put 5 years. You should also follow what WES mentioned on their report.

abc90

Star Member
Oct 20, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-Aug-2014
Doc's Request.
Nil
Nomination.....
17-Nov-2014 (CC Charged)
AOR Received.
05-Dec-2014 (PER)
IELTS Request
With Application
File Transfer...
11-Feb-15 SLU
Med's Request
Mar 28th Med done
Med's Done....
TLU 8th Apr
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-05-15
VISA ISSUED...
20-05-15
My total score is just 327. Wat is the chance for getting invitation to apply.

idefix

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2014
abc90 said:
My total score is just 327. Wat is the chance for getting invitation to apply.
Nobody knows yet. We'll have to wait for the first draw - end of January - to find out.

Could you take another IELTS to increase your scores?

Shaaq Kham

Dec 4, 2014
Guys

Under Level of Education what should i mention . The Degree was masters but WES rated as 4 Years Bachelors.

They ask you the same question again while answering questions related to ECA "As mentioned on the report". I have mentioned 4 Years Bachelors here.

My question is in the first instance shall i mention Masters or Bachelors?