+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Profile not Eligible after receiving Nomination from OINP

Ahmed Mansour

Feb 25, 2016
Hi All,

I have received the nomination letter from Ontario Government on the 24th, on the same day I received another letter to inform me that my Profile is no longer Eligible for Express Entry. ( I did not Accept the Nomination yet)

After some research, I deduced the reason for my Profile not being eligible, The required funds for a 2 Person Family was recently revisited to $15,143 up from $14,800, and I had entered $15,000 in the field for available funds. so I went to try and change it, but found out I can't update my profile once it has been found not eligible, so I have to create a new profile, my question now is, what do i need to do to get my profile up again and not lose the nomination?

(There's an Option to "Start Over" on top of the profile details, but I'm not sure if this will create a whole new profile and application with a different number or will it just start a new profile within the same number so I don't lose the nomination?)

Thank you all in Advance for any Help..

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You'll have to create a new EE profile, then write to OINP with your name, passport details, DOB, nomination certificate number, new EE profile number, new job bank validation code, then explain to them what happened and request them to resend the nomination to your new EE profile.

Ahmed Mansour

Feb 25, 2016
So if I submit a new Application for Express Entry it would have a different Number even though it's from the Same CIC Account? is there no way I can fix the original application? I just don't want to take any chances!!

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
You can't revive an ineligible profile anymore.

Yes you'll get a new number. Don't worry. That's why you have to explain your situation in detail to OINP. You were affected by the LICO update, and thus your eligibility was affected by mere days. It's not really your fault.

PNPs transfer nominations like this all the time.

Ahmed Mansour

Feb 25, 2016
Thank you, I'm Creating the Profile now, and one questions asks if I already have a certificate of Nomination from any Province, should I answer yes and select Ontario? or answer no like the last profile?

Also, how do I communicate with OINP? regular mail or e-mail? isn't there a phone number I can call?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
I'm honestly not sure how to answer that one, but technically you do have the certificate.

Ontariononinee@ontario.ca or the email address that sent you your acknowledgment for OINP.

Ahmed Mansour

Feb 25, 2016
Thank you, I Selected yes and Indicated I have a nomination from Ontario, then E-mailed Ontario with an explanation and the new EE Profile Number..

hoping for the best :)

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Ahmed Mansour said:
Thank you, I Selected yes and Indicated I have a nomination from Ontario, then E-mailed Ontario with an explanation and the new EE Profile Number..

Good luck! Your job bank validation code too, I hope! They can't resend the nomination without it.

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have sent application to OINP on 15th Jan with $12000 as settlement funds for a single person. The new requirements were posted on 27th Jan. I am of the opinion that OINP processes my application because it was signed before this change. Anyone else with similar situation?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
narayanf1 said:
I have sent application to OINP on 15th Jan with $12000 as settlement funds for a single person. The new requirements were posted on 27th Jan. I am of the opinion that OINP processes my application because it was signed before this change. Anyone else with similar situation?
Yes, OINP will process it if it was accepted before the update.

The problem is more with the eligibility of the Express Entry profile if the funds don't meet the cutoff after the LICO update, as what had happened to Ahmed.

Better check your EE profile now.

Ahmed Mansour

Feb 25, 2016
bellaluna said:
Yes, OINP will process it if it was accepted before the update.

The problem is more with the eligibility of the Express Entry profile if the funds don't meet the cutoff after the LICO update, as what had happened to Ahmed.

Better check your EE profile now.
Yes, You want to update your EE Profile now, as the EE system wouldn't realize and update you as ineligible except after you receive your nomination!

narayanf1

Dec 8, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahmed Mansour said:
Yes, You want to update your EE Profile now, as the EE system wouldn't realize and update you as ineligible except after you receive your nomination!
Yup, I did it right away after I saw the update.

sumitthegreat

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ahmed Mansour said:

Hi,

Have you received response from OINP ? If yes, how much time in days it took for them to transfer nomination to new profile. Please let me know as I am in same situation and for me its been more than 3 weeks , still no news from them on nomination transfer to new EE profile.

Sep 17, 2016
sumitthegreat said:
Hi,

Have you received response from OINP ? If yes, how much time in days it took for them to transfer nomination to new profile. Please let me know as I am in same situation and for me its been more than 3 weeks , still no news from them on nomination transfer to new EE profile.
Hi sumitthegreat,

any update on your nomination and new profile? Pls advise I am in the same situation now.