+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Profile: Need help regarding points accumulated for present Job in the US.

Riyaa2016

Apr 25, 2016
Hello Friends

I would be really appreaciate if you can help answer this.
I created my Express Entry Profile on April 5th. I did my Master's in the US and currently working as a full-timer since 12th June, 2013, that is, 2 years 10 months approximately till now. On June 12th it will be 3 years. I did not include my internship experience in my profile. I checked in CRS calculator and my points and I have 453 points. In my work experience in the CRS tool I have put 2 years because I do not fall in the "3 years or more" bracket yet. If I put "3 years or more" , I get 473 points which increases my chances of my profile being picked up for ITA considering the history of draws so far in 2016. I am expecting to get my ECA(wes evaluation) by May 10th and I intend to submit my express entry profile by mid May.
My question is : If I submit my express entry profile, will cic consider my work experience as 3 years or will they consider my work experience to be 2 years and calculate the points? Once it is 12th June will they automatically update my score to 473 because it is 3 years?
I am aware that we can update our profile ourselves even after submitting but for my case, I do not have a field that I can update to reflect this because this will still be my present job in June.

Should I wait till 12th June to submit my profile? In that case, I have to create another profile as my profile will expiration date will be 5th June(60 days from April 5th).

Please advise.

Regards
Riyaa

sushsmart15

Champion Member
Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
09-02-2017
Nomination.....
21-12-2016
AOR Received.
09-01-2017
Med's Done....
09-02-2017
Passport Req..
12-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
28-04-017
Yes, you can create your EE profile after your receive your ECA report and I hope you already have the IELTS test report.
EE profile is valid for 12 months from the date of creation and not 2 months. Example - if you create your EE profile on 12th May 2016, then it will be valid until 11th May 2017.

Currently, your CRS points will be allotted only for 2 years work experience. In June or maybe a little earlier, you will be allotted points for 3 years work experience i.e. your points will increase. With the increased points above 470 CRS points, you can be assured of an ITA through rounds of invitation.

Riyaa2016

Apr 25, 2016
Thank you very much for your reply. I am waiting for my ECA report. I am waiting to get it end of next week. Yes, I have my IELTS test report already.
I decided that I will wait till June and then submit my profile on 1st June. It will only be an extra two weeks of waiting.

Regards
Riyaa

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
That sounds like a good plan, it is highly likely that you will get ITA in the first round of draw in June.

Just two friendly reminders:

1) You may need one or two days to link your job bank registration, which has to be done before you can receive ITA. This delay may make your miss the first round of ITA in June since some past draws occurred very early in a month. A record for past round ITA dates is at http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/express-entry/past-rounds.asp

2) Did you get a recent FBI PCC? FBI PCC now takes 4-5 months to finish. Your FBI PCC cannot be more than six months old. See http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/security/police-cert/intro.asp

Good luck with your PR application!

Riyaa2016 said:
Thank you very much for your reply. I am waiting for my ECA report. I am waiting to get it end of next week. Yes, I have my IELTS test report already.
I decided that I will wait till June and then submit my profile on 1st June. It will only be an extra two weeks of waiting.

Regards
Riyaa

Riyaa2016

Apr 25, 2016
Hello ImmiToCanada

Thank a lot for the reminders. I will make sure that I register for job bank on time to avoid unnecessary delay.

I have applied for FBI PCC. I got in touch with them today and they said my certificate was mailed to me yesterday. It will take few days to reach me because they sent it to me via standard mail.
I will take the health test and pay the required fees after I receive the ITA. In the meanwhile,I am thinking of keeping my employmentletters ready.

Quick Question :

Could you let me know what is the format of the employment letters? I have to get two employment letters, one from the past and one from my present employer.
On my last day of the previous employer I received an employment letter stating my period of employment. Will that suffice?

Best Regards
Riyaa

ImmiToCanada

Mar 2, 2014
Vancouver
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
11-03-2016
Hey Riyaa2016,

Please find a guide for reference letter at http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/nail-the-challenge-of-getting-reference-letter-from-current-employer-t397796.0.html

As to "On my last day of the previous employer I received an employment letter stating my period of employment.", I think that's fine. The reference letter for a completed job experience is ideally issued after the last day of job to clear any doubts.

Riyaa2016 said:
Hello ImmiToCanada

Thank a lot for the reminders. I will make sure that I register for job bank on time to avoid unnecessary delay.

I have applied for FBI PCC. I got in touch with them today and they said my certificate was mailed to me yesterday. It will take few days to reach me because they sent it to me via standard mail.
I will take the health test and pay the required fees after I receive the ITA. In the meanwhile,I am thinking of keeping my employmentletters ready.

Quick Question :

Could you let me know what is the format of the employment letters? I have to get two employment letters, one from the past and one from my present employer.
On my last day of the previous employer I received an employment letter stating my period of employment. Will that suffice?

Best Regards
Riyaa

Riyaa2016

Apr 25, 2016
Hello Friends

Hello

I submitted my Express Entry Profile an hour back. My Application/profile status shows " Pending Additional Criteria". The job bank registration status is "Pending". The ITA status is "not applicable" which I believe is because I have not registered in job bank yet. My overall CRS score shows 478 points.
I have not received any email/message regarding my Express Entry Profile number so that I can register in the job bank.

Questions:
Could you tell me how long does it normally take to receive the information regarding my express entry profile number and job seeker code? Will I receive it in the form of message in my EE account or an email?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Riyaa.