HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
according to this chart outland applicants process faster tyhan inlanders but this is wrong. Great effort though.

AidinF

Mar 6, 2015
Hi Tidelander,
Excellent tool. Thanks for all the effort.
Now that you're getting the well deserved exposure, maybe you could add a form to allow people to enter their timeline? And you can add the data points, pending your approval of course. This will bring in tons of more data points!

Also if you could make the processing time a (slow) function of time, it'd be great! Presumably, at the beginning with a smaller backlog, they'd probably have a shorter processing time.. etc etc you know best.

And if you do take the beer invitations seriously, I live in Vancouver too and would be glad to hangout and commiserate over this whole EE process, over a local microbrewed pint.

Aidin

rudyrudy

Sep 9, 2015
Dont think FSW inland applicants everr get "Application Received Status", mine has been IN Process since i submitted

quuensly

Sep 14, 2015
Hello

I would like to ask some few further details. I'm currently working as a nurse for more than 6 years and I already have my express entry profile. My score is a bit low for 349 points. And honestly, It's difficult to find an employer because some of them requires someone that is a resident or most of them do not reply. But, I keep on searching for potential employers everyday ;) I wonder if I am also a registered midwife. Will this also help me to improve my score? I badly need your help, I feel like I'm in limbo.. thanks!

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I just curious why people say that inland applications are processed faster ?

The (albeit limited) data does not show that.

Also, from what i read in the forums, CIC is often requesting RCMP checks for the inland applicants. This adds to the overall processing time, and for obvious reasons, it is not needed for out of country applicants.

CIC can also check the PR application of inland applicants versus their previous study or work permit, which again adds to the processing time. This again is not needed for out of country applicants, unless it is a previous resident of Canada.

So, given everything else is the same, it makes sense that inland applicants should take a bit longer.

On the plus side, being in Canada shows that one can adapt to living here, which may be a favourable point when the officer is analysing your application. It just doesn't seem to speed up the process though.

Any other thoughts on this ?

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
HakikiKanada said:
according to this chart outland applicants process faster tyhan inlanders but this is wrong. Great effort though.
This is because the OP used the info of those outland applicants whose apps were processed at their local VO's and majority of outland apps are processed at Ottawa. I'ld therefore suggest that if you're outland with Ottawa Vo then you should select FSW inland because it's the same processing speed anyway.

mapledipped

Star Member
Jan 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
08-08-2015
Med's Done....
14-10-2015
Passport Req..
26-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
09-02-2016
quuensly said:
Hello

I would like to ask some few further details. I'm currently working as a nurse for more than 6 years and I already have my express entry profile. My score is a bit low for 349 points. And honestly, It's difficult to find an employer because some of them requires someone that is a resident or most of them do not reply. But, I keep on searching for potential employers everyday ;) I wonder if I am also a registered midwife. Will this also help me to improve my score? I badly need your help, I feel like I'm in limbo.. thanks!
i dont think your crs will change if you change your noc. maybe if you tried other programs other than ee...

as far sa job bank is concerned, there's very little success with that. as you mentioned, most of them want candidates who are already residing in canada. maybe you should try provincial nominee program or caregiver program. just read-up if you qualify or not.

HakikiKanada

Mar 26, 2015
Tukey
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I'm an outland pure FSW applicant. How do I know if my application is processes in local VO or at Ottawa?

SamKo

Jun 13, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
09-06-2015
AOR Received.
20-07-2015
Med's Done....
31-07-2015
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2016
HakikiKanada said:
According to the July thread, outland FSW applicants are getting DMs and PPRs while all inlanders are still waiting, so I'd say the predictions are correct.

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AidinF said:
Now that you're getting the well deserved exposure, maybe you could add a form to allow people to enter their timeline? And you can add the data points, pending your approval of course. This will bring in tons of more data points!
Thank you for the input.
You see, I am a report developer. I work with finalized datasets. I have no experience in data harvesting so I don't really know what is the most efficient way to collect data. Your idea of adding a form sounds good to me. However, I do need some control over what other users will post to avoid data issues and keep the spreadsheet clean. But I do not know how to add this form. If you know how to do this could you maybe PM me and we could discuss it in more details?

AidinF said:
Also if you could make the processing time a (slow) function of time, it'd be great! Presumably, at the beginning with a smaller backlog, they'd probably have a shorter processing time.. etc etc you know best.
I think we already have it. Take a look at General Statistics, Processing Time Distribution graph (second from the top).

AidinF said:
And if you do take the beer invitations seriously, I live in Vancouver too and would be glad to hangout and commiserate over this whole EE process, over a local microbrewed pint.
I would like to meet other PR applicants. What attracts me is not the idea of free beer :) but an opportunity to complain about CIC :)

tidelander

Star Member
Jan 7, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
eddie_in_NL said:
I just curious why people say that inland applications are processed faster ?

The (albeit limited) data does not show that.

Also, from what i read in the forums, CIC is often requesting RCMP checks for the inland applicants. This adds to the overall processing time, and for obvious reasons, it is not needed for out of country applicants.

CIC can also check the PR application of inland applicants versus their previous study or work permit, which again adds to the processing time. This again is not needed for out of country applicants, unless it is a previous resident of Canada.

So, given everything else is the same, it makes sense that inland applicants should take a bit longer.

On the plus side, being in Canada shows that one can adapt to living here, which may be a favourable point when the officer is analysing your application. It just doesn't seem to speed up the process though.

Any other thoughts on this ?
Eddie,
Very sound ideas and I agree that indeed there is more background to check for those who apply within Canada but at the same time these people need to get some preferences from CIC while they don't. So according to CIC logic best applicant is a person who has never been to Canada. I've been in Canada for 2 years already but I am not favored by CIC.

DR.AHMER

Sep 15, 2015
Anya654 said:
This is because the OP used the info of those outland applicants whose apps were processed at their local VO's and majority of outland apps are processed at Ottawa. I'ld therefore suggest that if you're outland with Ottawa Vo then you should select FSW inland because it's the same processing speed anyway.
Hi All,
I am new to this forum, at least as a registered user. However it is good work and I got answers to many of my questions from here. I hope you guys are well doing well and help me out in order to anticipate my PR processing timeline. Here are my details:-

EE profile- ----------------Aug 31

CRS Score--- -------------480

NOC Class--- -------------3112

Interest from ON PINP-- Aug 31 ( applied on 1st Sept. ) Application received in toronto on 2nd Sep.

ITA from FSW--- 2 Sept

Medical Completed on 14th Sept

Application submission & AOR on 15th Sept

Visa Office London.........

Any idea regarding remaining timeline .... Applicants from London Visa off please Respond

karandeepwalia

Star Member
Aug 10, 2015
Toronto, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, India
NOC Code......
0124/1123
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
04/11/2017
VISA ISSUED...
09/11/2017
LANDED..........
07/11/2017
it has parameters from EE applicants irrespective of points.
Where are the points here?