+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE POF

veraswt

Aug 26, 2015
Hi All,

I have some doubt of POF. I am working in Ontario and having bank account with RBC. I am wondering if the bank statement for past six month will be sufficient for application? Or it has to be strictly requiring an letter from them because I went to the bank, however they just printed out the transaction and some web pages with my account informations ( name, address, amount, number opening date). The printed pages are stamped but I found they are missing phone number and email address of the bank.

I have no idea how to do this part. Could anyone provide help??

Thank you

luke-wiggsy

Aug 29, 2015
It has to be a letter from the financial institution.

I found out the hard way. My first EE application was cancelled as incomplete last year because I gave them everything BUT the letter. I had bank statements, investments, tax returns and pay stubs

Cost me a few months and now I'm cutting it very fine before my work permit expires :-X

veraswt

Aug 26, 2015
luke-wiggsy said:
It has to be a letter from the financial institution.

I found out the hard way. My first EE application was cancelled as incomplete last year because I gave them everything BUT the letter. I had bank statements, investments, tax returns and pay stubs

Cost me a few months and now I'm cutting it very fine before my work permit expires :-X
It's hard to get a letter though. Actually how the letter should look like?? It costs me 20 dollars just get some so called " official" pages of transaction!!!

luke-wiggsy

Aug 29, 2015
I'm with CIBC and they did the same sort of thing. The branch didn't really know what I was talking about, but they got hold of someone in their immigration department. I think it cost me $20 or so too, and took a week or so for them to send it to my local branch.

What i received back was a letter on a CIBC letterhead from their immigration division that stated my name, the date I opened my account and the value in my accounts and was signed by them.

Every bank is different though. As long as it is on a bank letterhead or has the banks details, and contains reference to all the information points that the Express Entry instructions dictate, then you should be ok.

If you feel there is more information you want to add, or explain, you can always add it in a Letter of Explanation with the other document uploads.

Hope that helps

veraswt

Aug 26, 2015
luke-wiggsy said:
I'm with CIBC and they did the same sort of thing. The branch didn't really know what I was talking about, but they got hold of someone in their immigration department. I think it cost me $20 or so too, and took a week or so for them to send it to my local branch.

What i received back was a letter on a CIBC letterhead from their immigration division that stated my name, the date I opened my account and the value in my accounts and was signed by them.

Every bank is different though. As long as it is on a bank letterhead or has the banks details, and contains reference to all the information points that the Express Entry instructions dictate, then you should be ok.

If you feel there is more information you want to add, or explain, you can always add it in a Letter of Explanation with the other document uploads.

Hope that helps
So I am assuming that a letter from them stating current amount in each of my account with past six mouths statement will be enough?

luke-wiggsy

Aug 29, 2015
My letter just said the total amount in my cheque account.

I used that as the first page of my attachment and then added all of my other information behind it (bank statements, pay stubs, tax return etc) and scanned them all in as one document