+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE got refused after 3 months very confused........

Jan 17, 2017
Successful employment letters

In the best interest of all members who will be applying post ITA, can members who have received their visa share a copy of the employment letter submitted so we all get the right idea on the format and content of the letter. You may hide/ delete that section of the letter which is confidential pr personal but I think it will be very helpful for those who will be shortly applying for visa. Just for info, I got my ITA on 01 March.

mgnlky

Champion Member
Jan 22, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
22-12-2016
AOR Received.
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
04-11-2016
Passport Req..
22-3-2017
LANDED..........
04-09-2017
Re: Successful employment letters

PrayersfromIndia said:
In the best interest of all members who will be applying post ITA, can members who have received their visa share a copy of the employment letter submitted so we all get the right idea on the format and content of the letter. You may hide/ delete that section of the letter which is confidential pr personal but I think it will be very helpful for those who will be shortly applying for visa. Just for info, I got my ITA on 01 March.
[company letterhead]

Date

To Whom It May Concern:

This is the certify that XXX XXXX is employed full time by XXXXXXX as a XXXXXX. Employment details are as follows:

Yearly Salary: XXXX
Dates of Employment: XXXX-XXXXX

Sincerely,
[Signature}

XXXXXXX
Vice President

Encl.: Job Description (4)

-- Attached was the job description obtained from Human Resources.

BIZZIB

Star Member
Nov 24, 2016
sanpatel30 said:
My EE got refused due to there is no duties and responsibilities mentioned in the letter even though I provided paystubs, T4, NOA
Hi, Do we need to have job description to be in reference letter too. All my letters, employment, offer and reference letter are from my current employer, as I've been associated with them for past 12 years. I was even supplied an offer letter mentioning 1 year of employment once PR is issued. In addition, the NOC code and job description for my current job is also mentioned in offer letter. But these details are not in the reference letters for past travels and experiences within the same company. How do you see my chances ?
Thanks

pxyarala

Feb 12, 2016
Mumbai
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
12-11-2016
Nomination.....
December 16th 2016 OINP
AOR Received.
22-08-2016
g126 said:
I don't see IRCC having a problem with your letters if OINP was OK with them, so I think you'll be fine!
Hi g126,

Request you to kindly answer this part of the question too.

I have one more question. The reference letter in my first two (of my three) companies mention job duties in more detail but the job duties mentioned in my reference letter matches only one of job duties mentioned for my NOC code(2134). While I am sure my NOC code is correct I am unable to match more duties as per the list. Is this ok?.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala

lealealea

Star Member
Mar 21, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sanpatel30 said:
I worked for 3 different labs. and 1 of them they did not mention duties at that time stating it is multinational so dont worry about it. unfortunately, I trust and refused. its okay, then I talked new HR manager and he gave new letter with duties.

to start a new application it may take only 3 months to get PPR.
You can not appeal as the letter stated clearly this is a final decision; however if you insist to fight against the decision try for judicial review.
Judicial review cost extra money and also extra time, i heard the whole process might take half a year and you have a positive result and the court will send you case to a different case officer to reassess.
Based on what you have provided, they would not use new reference letter on the previous case.
I know this is frustrated but since we are all non residents of Canada, we dont have much options at this level.
For you new application, remember only write down work experiences if they give you marks. For the uncertain or not well prepared work letters, just simply mention them in your personal history. As you are not claiming points for these jobs, officer would not check them.

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
lealealea said:
to start a new application it may take only 3 months to get PPR.
You can not appeal as the letter stated clearly this is a final decision; however if you insist to fight against the decision try for judicial review.
Judicial review cost extra money and also extra time, i heard the whole process might take half a year and you have a positive result and the court will send you case to a different case officer to reassess.
Based on what you have provided, they would not use new reference letter on the previous case.
I know this is frustrated but since we are all non residents of Canada, we dont have much options at this level.
For you new application, remember only write down work experiences if they give you marks. For the uncertain or not well prepared work letters, just simply mention them in your personal history. As you are not claiming points for these jobs, officer would not check them.
Thank you dear

Millty

Star Member
Mar 20, 2016
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Sorry to hear of your refusal. I hope u will be able to get your PR asap.

I also suggest before applying and sending the file to read in depth the reason for rejection thread, its really helpful.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
pxyarala said:
Hi g126,

Request you to kindly answer this part of the question too.

I have one more question. The reference letter in my first two (of my three) companies mention job duties in more detail but the job duties mentioned in my reference letter matches only one of job duties mentioned for my NOC code(2134). While I am sure my NOC code is correct I am unable to match more duties as per the list. Is this ok?.

Thanks and Regards,
Pavan Kumar Yarala
No way to know... this will depend on the officer reviewing your case, but since oinp has nominated you I think it is very unlikely that you'll have a problem.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
But how come the OP's application was rejected AFTER 3 months for not having duties and responsibilities of the role listed? How did they not see that in the initial review? In three months, surely they must have assessed a lot of things. How did they miss THAT big a part of the application if it is such an important one?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
raven00090 said:
But how come the OP's application was rejected AFTER 3 months for not having duties and responsibilities of the role listed? How did they not see that in the initial review? In three months, surely they must have assessed a lot of things. How did they miss THAT big a part of the application if it is such an important one?
My guess is there are two officers who review the documents for eligiblity. One checks for completeness and the other one takes a detailed look at each and every document. Second officer would have got this.

raven00090

Oct 27, 2013
Mumbai, India
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2017
AOR Received.
27-01-2017
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-06-2017
DEEPCUR said:
My guess is there are two officers who review the documents for eligiblity. One checks for completeness and the other one takes a detailed look at each and every document. Second officer would have got this.
Then maybe other things such as Meds hadn't passed or perhaps BG never went in progress for the OP. It would be helpful for others too if the OP could let us know what stages his application went through.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
That is not true. If CIC makes mistake then they do open the file again. My friend's PR got reject 1 months ago stating that his passport has expired. But his passport expires on 2021. Then his lawyer appealed and CIC responded 1month after and open his file again.
bottlezz said:
They don't accpet any dispute and not open to review your case, if it's refused, there is no other way but to reapply.

sam_dawkins

Jul 24, 2016
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
04-01-2017 (RCMP Criminal Record Check) Submitted 20-01-2017
Nomination.....
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
24-10-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Passport Req..
25-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-01-2018
LANDED..........
11-01-2018
I would suggest the OP to get the GCMS note and check what the VO has commented on the application. This should be helpful for re-application. If there is no duties mentioned in the LOE then it will get rejected eventually because if anyone has checked GCMS notes of a passed eligibility the VO comments clearly says that the job responsibilities has to match with the NOC. If there is no job responsibility then it would not be possible for the VO to match the NOC.
For example this is a comment made by the VO in the GCMS note:
The duties listed in the letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with the actions in the lead statement under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to be consistent with a substantial number of the main duties under the NOC code selected. The letter(s) of reference appear to demonstrate that the PA met the minimum requirements of 12 months of work experience.

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
Hi Sanpatel,

Did you include the email where HR refused to give Duties and Responsibilities on Letterhead? Did you get that it was company policy to issue standard reference letter for all its employees? Stating that in LoE is not enough. I think you should have attached email as well asked HR to write that on letterhead too (My Opinion).

I am assuming you applied under CEC class, how come Canadian company does not know about this? I can understand Indian Subsidy of same company refuses to provide the letter, but Canadian Subsidy of same company should not refuse such letters provided this is routine practice in Canada. So higher scrutiny for Canadian companies. They may show leniency for employers outside Canada, however, people still submit letters from colleagues and managers on simple A4 Papers.

I do not rub anything against it, but please order GCMS and see what were Centralised Office Intake Comments/Analyst Recommendations. I'll suggest you to remove this work ex or get additional documents!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
//Did you include the email where HR refused to give Duties and Responsibilities on Letterhead? Did you get that it was company policy to issue standard reference letter for all its employees? Stating that in LoE is not enough. I think you should have attached email as well asked HR to write that on letterhead too (My Opinion).//

What if the HR had mentioned the refusal to provide the letter over phone to someone?