+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE got refused after 3 months very confused........

msudershan2

Star Member
Apr 8, 2016
Bangalore
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-11-2016
Doc's Request.
No Document Request Came
Nomination.....
Not Applicable
AOR Received.
27-11-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
06-03-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
29-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
25-09-2017
DEEPCUR said:
//Did you include the email where HR refused to give Duties and Responsibilities on Letterhead? Did you get that it was company policy to issue standard reference letter for all its employees? Stating that in LoE is not enough. I think you should have attached email as well asked HR to write that on letterhead too (My Opinion).//

What if the HR had mentioned the refusal to provide the letter over phone to someone?
I that case while they are giving their reference letter, he could have requested to write that this is company policy to give such standard letters for references. My work ex in EU I didn't get any Roles and Responsibilities on Letter Head but HR mentioned following:

In line with the Data Protection Act (EU) 1998 guidelines, it is company policy to provide all employees with the above standard company reference.

Then I also attached the email from the company HR where she told me the same reason where she wrote:

In line with UK (EU) Guidelines on personal data sharing, we do not share such data unless requested for criminality or security reasons. Please note this is the standard response to all such references. We shall not share roles and responsibilities as this makes the company non-complaint to EU Guidelines

Nonetheless, I still got the reference from my Ex-Colleague attached with her Business Card.

Now I also have Research Publication which I could have attached as this was presented at a conference, I came across that publication a few weeks back but several people on this forum suggested that even if they require additional document, they will request it and I have kept this for that. Though I feel I should have attached this with Reference Letter only.

Apart from this I have also included Payslips, Contract Letter, Promotion, Increment, Awards Received and End of Contract. I guess the whole burden lies on us to prove our work ex and NOC Code. If she said this on phone (One of my employers in India said this on Phone; I removed work ex and moved it to personal history; I was not in good terms with that employer)

My application is with NDVO from 6th March, so I assume it has passed R.10 and A11.2 Reviews. Let me know if you do not agree with my opinions!

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
msudershan2 said:
I that case while they are giving their reference letter, he could have requested to write that this is company policy to give such standard letters for references. My work ex in EU I didn't get any Roles and Responsibilities on Letter Head but HR mentioned following:

In line with the Data Protection Act (EU) 1998 guidelines, it is company policy to provide all employees with the above standard company reference.

Then I also attached the email from the company HR where she told me the same reason where she wrote:

In line with UK (EU) Guidelines on personal data sharing, we do not share such data unless requested for criminality or security reasons. Please note this is the standard response to all such references. We shall not share roles and responsibilities as this makes the company non-complaint to EU Guidelines

Nonetheless, I still got the reference from my Ex-Colleague attached with her Business Card.

Now I also have Research Publication which I could have attached as this was presented at a conference, I came across that publication a few weeks back but several people on this forum suggested that even if they require additional document, they will request it and I have kept this for that. Though I feel I should have attached this with Reference Letter only.

Apart from this I have also included Payslips, Contract Letter, Promotion, Increment, Awards Received and End of Contract. I guess the whole burden lies on us to prove our work ex and NOC Code. If she said this on phone (One of my employers in India said this on Phone; I removed work ex and moved it to personal history; I was not in good terms with that employer)

My application is with NDVO from 6th March, so I assume it has passed R.10 and A11.2 Reviews. Let me know if you do not agree with my opinions!
Got it..

But I have a unique scenario.. My company gives responsibilities letter in their standard format.. With duration, last held designation and responsibilities are 5 points. But they give this letter only once and they are very strict on this.. So I had to get this letter for some other purpose and it has way too complex tech terminologies with many programming languages/tools in the responsibilities (my noc is computer programmer). It also doesn't contain many vital things (like hours per week, all designations etc.) that cic wants.

I asked them for second time with responsibilities aligning to noc, but they mentioned that the letter has already been given once and it won't be strictly given again.

I can neither submit this letter (due to it's complex language), nor provide any email proof for refusal ! I'm submitting notarized letter from supervisor with all those other letters that you mentioned. I'm just going to say my company doesn't give letter in cic format due to policy (which is true) and submit everything else.

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
Soon :)
DEEPCUR said:
Got it..

But I have a unique scenario.. My company gives responsibilities letter in their standard format.. With duration, last held designation and responsibilities are 5 points. But they give this letter only once and they are very strict on this.. So I had to get this letter for some other purpose and it has way too complex tech terminologies with many programming languages/tools in the responsibilities (my noc is computer programmer). It also doesn't contain many vital things (like hours per week, all designations etc.) that cic wants.

I asked them for second time with responsibilities aligning to noc, but they mentioned that the letter has already been given once and it won't be strictly given again.

I can neither submit this letter (due to it's complex language), nor provide any email proof for refusal ! I'm submitting notarized letter from supervisor with all those other letters that you mentioned. I'm just going to say my company doesn't give letter in cic format due to policy (which is true) and submit everything else.
When was your AOR? Seems ok to me!

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
DelPiero07 said:
You'll be fine.
Hi DelPiero07,

I have submitted 2 letters. I got letters from both HR (without duties and resp) and reporting officer (with duties and resp). The job and ref. letter details are as follows

1. experience for 3.4 years with everything included (salary, duties, nature of the job details)

2. experience for 1.3 years. Letter provided by HR contains salary and duration of work only. And, letter from reporting officer has duties and responsitblity only. No salary and job details (part/full time) in it.

I am really confusing that which work experience CIC would consider? I believe, it is 3.4 years. Moreover, there is no change in CRS points if CIC refuse to consider 1.3 yrs exp. Am I safe?

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
I don't understand the importance of mentioning 'full time' in the leter if there are 30+ hours per week of work time mentioned. I believe that as long as it was 30+ hours per week, CIC wouldn't care how the job gets termed as every company is going to have their own definition for full time and part time. It's not like a federal standard I guess. I know companies that have 45 hours as full time too. Some may even have 25 hours depending upon their nature of business/policies etc.

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
karthik506 said:
Hi DelPiero07,

I have submitted 2 letters. I got letters from both HR (without duties and resp) and reporting officer (with duties and resp). The job and ref. letter details are as follows

1. experience for 3.4 years with everything included (salary, duties, nature of the job details)

2. experience for 1.3 years. Letter provided by HR contains salary and duration of work only. And, letter from reporting officer has duties and responsitblity only. No salary and job details (part/full time) in it.

I am really confusing that which work experience CIC would consider? I believe, it is 3.4 years. Moreover, there is no change in CRS points if CIC refuse to consider 1.3 yrs exp. Am I safe?
I guess you are very much safe! Dont worry When was your AOR?

Saudamini

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Needed
Nomination.....
FSW, Not PNP
AOR Received.
02-12-2016
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
07-02-2017
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-11-2016
Interview........
Not Needed
Passport Req..
13-04-2017
VISA ISSUED...
21-04-2017
LANDED..........
DEEPCUR said:
I don't understand the importance of mentioning 'full time' in the leter if there are 30+ hours per week of work time mentioned. I believe that as long as it was 30+ hours per week, CIC wouldn't care how the job gets termed as every company is going to have their own definition for full time and part time. It's not like a federal standard I guess. I know companies that have 45 hours as full time too. Some may even have 25 hours depending upon their nature of business/policies etc.
Mentioning Full Time is more for CEC Applicants or people who have a job offer or working currently in the job. They also need to ensure that Canadian Work Ex is Permanent. I guess International Work Ex, we need to write only hours per week, above or equal to 30/hours per week will be considered Full Time irrespective whatever the definations are

karthik506

Apr 5, 2016
Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
4011 & 4012
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-05-2017
AOR Received.
07-05-2017
Saudamini said:
I guess you are very much safe! Dont worry When was your AOR?
AOR on March 3 under CEC medicals passed last weekend..

thestunner316

Champion Member
Feb 6, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DEEPCUR said:
i could be wrong here but they take 40 hrs a week as full time work, i remember back in the UK 20 hrs a week was considered part time...

if i was a case officer i would be either looking for the terms "full time employee" or "40 hrs a week" on the employment letter... if neither is there, it could be a cause for red flag.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
thestunner316 said:
i could be wrong here but they take 40 hrs a week as full time work, i remember back in the UK 20 hrs a week was considered part time...

if i was a case officer i would be either looking for the terms "full time employee" or "40 hrs a week" on the employment letter... if neither is there, it could be a cause for red flag.
What I am saying is the word 'full time' is immaterial as it is highly subjective to a company.. one must have 40 hours a week in the letter, no matter what. It cannot be other ways.

g126

Champion Member
Feb 22, 2016
Sao Paulo
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
São Paulo
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-01-2016
Doc's Request.
16-12-2016
Nomination.....
09-12-2016
AOR Received.
07-01-2017
File Transfer...
18-02-2017
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
15-12-2016
Passport Req..
16-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
22-06-2017
LANDED..........
09-10-2017
DEEPCUR said:
What I am saying is the word 'full time' is immaterial as it is highly subjective to a company.. one must have 40 hours a week in the letter, no matter what. It cannot be other ways.
Incorrect, full time equates to 30 hours a week or more in IRCC eyes.

DEEPCUR

Champion Member
Apr 12, 2016
g126 said:
Incorrect, full time equates to 30 hours a week or more in IRCC eyes.
So if there was an option to have either full time vs 40 hours/week in reference letter, which on these two do you think will convince the officer more?

chiranjit

Star Member
Jun 7, 2013
Guys, is it ok to change the work history post ITA. Pre-ITA it was like this:

XX - YY - COmpany1 India ( 1 year)
YY - ZZ - Company 1 US deputation (1 month)
ZZ-AA - COmapny 1 India (2 years)
YY - ZZ - Company 1 United Kingdom deputation (1 month)

Though 2 of these are short term travels but I have added under work history, is it ok to remove them and just have the main work experiences?
Do I need to write a LOE for the change?
Or can I attach the same reference letter for all the work history?