+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE FSW vs BC PNP. When do I get my PNP WP?

Alex069

Sep 12, 2018
Dear all,

I am looking for some guidance regarding the PNP process.

I am currently in Canada on an IEC visa which will expire end of January.

Originally, I was going to pursue the EE FSW path, however it will take me a few more weeks to improve my French enough to reach a score that is likely to get me a visa. (currently 433)

I realized that the estimated processing time would be 6 months, so getting the French test done, receiving results etc. would probably already mean that I wouldn’t get my PR, and hence new WP, prior to March/April.

Therefore, if I started working on my IEC visa now, I would have a few months to bridge.

1) It is my understanding, that I can have implied status that allows me to STAY, however due to the nature of IEC, I would not be allowed to WORK between end of January and whenever my PR would be approved. Correct?

2) I am considering taking an alternative route: BC PNP (EE skilled). I could start working on my IEC visa and then apply for the BC PNP. With processing times of 2-3 months, I might get through the PNP portion of the process before my IEC expires and then flagpole my way to a WP until the IRCC has approved my PR based on the BC PNP nomination. Is this realistic? Am I missing something?

3) Also, can I apply for jobs in BC from QC or should I move for a weeks to minimize the risks of having my CV end up in the trash because I’m too much hassle compared to a local applicant?

Thank you very much.

Best regards

Alex