+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE - from outland to inland?

orangewow

Aug 19, 2019
Hello! Many of our plans have changed due to COVID-19. :confused:
Are there any EE applicants who change their application from outland to inland?

orangewow

Aug 19, 2019
I am an outland EE applicant (AOR: May 2020) and have been waiting for such a long time (Just like most of us here).
Now I have the chance to study in Canada.

If I enter Canada using a study permit, will it be ok to change my EE application from outland to inland?

Any thoughts/ advice/ sharings are welcome!

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
I have a similar question. I am FSW-Outland with ITA in August 2020 and my application is still processing. However, I have an employer who is keen to hire me under the Global Talent Scheme and get a LMIA and temporary closed work permit for me.

If I was able to get the work permit, I am wondering if it as simple as just updating my address on my FSW application and the application will change to inland or if there is more to it?

I am also not sure if there are any risks involved with gaining a temporary work permit when a FSW application is in progress - as the definition of the work permit is temporary, but I clearly have a desire to stay in Canada permanently due to having a PR application in progress. Thus, I am not sure if the IRCC will think there is a risk I will overstay on my temporary work permit and refuse it.

Any help is much appreciated.

legends19

Jun 20, 2021
My wife applied with me as a dependant last year, she was on a working permit, and I visited to reunite with an immediate family member on my temporary visa last year during Covid. We didn't even think about the outland-inland situation, but seems like IRCC found out themselves that I was inland now and they have afterwards treated us just as inland applicants - we got our confirmation portal emails and eCOPR last month and became PRs inland.

MissyJ2

Star Member
Aug 18, 2020
My wife applied with me as a dependant last year, she was on a working permit, and I visited to reunite with an immediate family member on my temporary visa last year during Covid. We didn't even think about the outland-inland situation, but seems like IRCC found out themselves that I was inland now and they have afterwards treated us just as inland applicants - we got our confirmation portal emails and eCOPR last month and became PRs inland.
That's wonderful! I'm in the same situation. Just arrived in Canada a month ago via family reunification, and was wondering if I'd be treated as an inland applicant :). Thanks so much for replying!

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your application wasn't treated as an inland application. You were treated as a PR applicant who is in Canada when they received their COPR.

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
I have a similar question. I am FSW-Outland with ITA in August 2020 and my application is still processing. However, I have an employer who is keen to hire me under the Global Talent Scheme and get a LMIA and temporary closed work permit for me.

If I was able to get the work permit, I am wondering if it as simple as just updating my address on my FSW application and the application will change to inland or if there is more to it?

I am also not sure if there are any risks involved with gaining a temporary work permit when a FSW application is in progress - as the definition of the work permit is temporary, but I clearly have a desire to stay in Canada permanently due to having a PR application in progress. Thus, I am not sure if the IRCC will think there is a risk I will overstay on my temporary work permit and refuse it.

Any help is much appreciated.
In a very similar situation landed into Oct with July 2021 AOR. UCI number updated to my work permit number. Any update on your case? @ih01

Last edited:

Cyfa

Nov 7, 2019
Can you please help me with dates or time period between when your biometrics were accepted to when you received COPR @legends19

ih01

Star Member
Jan 5, 2020
In a very similar situation landed into Oct with July 2021 AOR. UCI number updated to my work permit number. Any update on your case? @ih01
Sorry, I ended up not proceeding with the offer and am still awaiting my FSW application to be processed.

Reactions: Cyfa