+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE-BCPNP lost my job

Liamhefu2

Jun 22, 2018
Hi I gained bcpnp through my employer and almost been waiting for 6 months for my pr (since Feb)

Unfortunately I think im getting layed off while I'm still waiting on pr

Is there a way I can change employers or get them to take over my sponsorship without starting the whole process again

Ps my pnp work permit is closed and tied to my original employer

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Unfortunately not. You would need a new LMIA, work permit, and start the process again. You will lose your PNP application if you lose your job since it's tied to your job.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
By any chance do you now qualify under the Canadian Experience Class? Do you have one year of work experience in Canada?

Liamhefu2

Jun 22, 2018
I read online somewhere that you had 45 days to find a new employer to take over your sponsorship.
I didn't go through lmia i don't think

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I read online somewhere that you had 45 days to find a new employer to take over your sponsorship.
I didn't go through lmia i don't think
You probably did. I don't see how you were LMIA exempt, but if you are, then you should know about that.

How did you get your job? How did you initially come to Canada?

And if you're a carpenter, do you have journeyman certification + Red Seal endorsement in Canada? You may then qualify under Federal Skilled Trades, which often has much lower points requirements.

Liamhefu2

Jun 22, 2018
I originally came to Canada on iec 2 year visa then done bcpnp through a job offer with my company
No I don't have certificate just experience

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
I originally came to Canada on iec 2 year visa then done bcpnp through a job offer with my company
No I don't have certificate just experience
Yes, IEC visas are LMIA exempt, but that doesn't change the fact that your work permit will no longer be valid since it's employer specific. And since the work permit is not valid, your PNP application will be rejected.

Your best option is to try and not lose the job.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Also, I don't know of any 45-day rule. I'm not an expert so there certainly may be such a rule - if you can link to where you read it I can look it up as well. I searched a bit but didn't see anything.

More experienced people may also respond, so wait a couple of days.

giancxx

Jul 23, 2019
Oye amigo soy muy nuevo en este tema me gustaria informacion los transmite principales me ayudarias

Qwertypod

Jan 28, 2019
It's a construction company and my boss is very difficult..the girls in the office are nice but unfortunately it's him that calls the shots
Regardless, you should still speak with him as this will hugely affect your life. Try to come to an agreement of some sort (maybe fewer hours/different site/lower pay).