Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16th April
Thanks guys!

On another note, does anyone know how loing it takes them to get instructions from your local visa office relating to submission?

yepyep

Star Member
Jun 11, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Shire bikes I see your vo office is London. When you receive ppr do they give you the London address? Iv seen some expect itbto be to Ottawa. Do you need to contact them to change this?

flystanny

Mar 14, 2012
Hello Guys I need help,

I just applied for Permanent Residency on 28 July 2015. Here's my status;

PR App Submitted: JUL 28
Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed (Since JUL 30)
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
A final decision has been reached: Not Started

And then later today, I got a letter of request. See below;

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
In order for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to process your application, we will need to review and verify your Education Credential Assessment (ECA) evaluation report by using World Education Services (WES)’s online service. To date, we have not been able to verify your report. WES has indicated that you did not use the approved CIC-FSWP application process on their website, and therefore they are unable to release any information to our office
In order to allow CIC to process your application for permanent residence, please contact WES as soon as possible to request that your ECA report be made available to us. Please be advised that you may need to order a duplicate report and select CIC as a recipient of your WES evaluation report.
NOTE: The above information/documents must be received and our office must be able to review the report within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Sincerely,
www.cic.gc.ca

I am deeply worried because I am sure I attached my ECA report and it clearly shows the reference number there. I have contacted WES and they told me CIC should be able to access my report via Access WES and if they are having any problem, they should contact WES. I have sent a case specific inquiry to the visa location processing my application in Accra and I got an auto response saying my request will be attended to within 28 days. i cant wait 28 days as I have a 30 days deadline.

Can you advise on how best to reach the visa office and which office is actually working on my application?

carl321

Feb 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think if the letter did not have the London VO you might have to email your details and arrange it. For example the letter I got (which I think is generic and everyone be getting) said if I'm not living in North America I cannot mail my passports and asked me to email cpc Ottawa to arrange the VO.

I am in North America do it didn't apply to me.

Also anyone as any idea how long Ottawa takes to stamp the visa? Some say 2weeks but I've seen cases taking over 5weeks too.

Thnx

shirebikes

Star Member
Oct 12, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
16th April
carl321 said:
I think if the letter did not have the London VO you might have to email your details and arrange it. For example the letter I got (which I think is generic and everyone be getting) said if I'm not living in North America I cannot mail my passports and asked me to email cpc Ottawa to arrange the VO.

I am in North America do it didn't apply to me.

Also anyone as any idea how long Ottawa takes to stamp the visa? Some say 2weeks but I've seen cases taking over 5weeks too.

Thnx
Yeah, thats what i've done - just got the generic letter

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
flystanny said:
Hello Guys I need help,

I just applied for Permanent Residency on 28 July 2015. Here's my status;

PR App Submitted: JUL 28
Application/profile status: Open
Review of eligibility: Review in Progress
Review of medical results: Passed (Since JUL 30)
Review of submitted documents: No additional documents are needed at this time
Scheduling an interview: Not needed at this time
A background check is needed: Not Started
A final decision has been reached: Not Started

And then later today, I got a letter of request. See below;

This refers to your application for permanent residence in Canada in the Federal Skilled Worker class.
In order for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to process your application, we will need to review and verify your Education Credential Assessment (ECA) evaluation report by using World Education Services (WES)'s online service. To date, we have not been able to verify your report. WES has indicated that you did not use the approved CIC-FSWP application process on their website, and therefore they are unable to release any information to our office
In order to allow CIC to process your application for permanent residence, please contact WES as soon as possible to request that your ECA report be made available to us. Please be advised that you may need to order a duplicate report and select CIC as a recipient of your WES evaluation report.
NOTE: The above information/documents must be received and our office must be able to review the report within 30 days from the date of this correspondence. If this deadline is not met, your application will be assessed based on the information that was provided with your application and your application could be rejected.
Thank you for your interest in Canada.
Sincerely,
www.cic.gc.ca

I am deeply worried because I am sure I attached my ECA report and it clearly shows the reference number there. I have contacted WES and they told me CIC should be able to access my report via Access WES and if they are having any problem, they should contact WES. I have sent a case specific inquiry to the visa location processing my application in Accra and I got an auto response saying my request will be attended to within 28 days. i cant wait 28 days as I have a 30 days deadline.

Can you advise on how best to reach the visa office and which office is actually working on my application?
from the letter you got CIC actually contacted WES and were told you didn't use CIC-FSWP application process; the best option for you might be to request duplicate FSWP specific ECA and make sure they make it available to CIC.

The report should be out before 28days i presume and even if it doesn't come out before the 28 days, you can always write a letter of explanation with proofs showing you have requested FSWP specific ECA.

There's quite a lot of risk waiting for CIC to respond to your case.

all the best.

flystanny

Mar 14, 2012
Hi Righteous,

Thanks for the advice. I called the CIC office in Accra this morning but was asked to send an email which I already did yesterday. So I guess I will just wait for a response.

Can you show me how to send a letter of explanation because I cannot seem to find it on my CIC account. Ever since I submitted my application, every thing is now greyed out. If there is a way to send another letter of explanation, please show me.

I can try to follow up with WES again today to ensure they have contacted CIC on my case. This is quite sad to think I had every area of my application fully completed... :-X :-X :(

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
I keep thinking my application will be rejected for some reason or the other.. No In process, No 2nd AOR, BG Not Started.. No updates since 26th May
:( :(

flystanny

Mar 14, 2012
JB007 said:
I keep thinking my application will be rejected for some reason or the other.. No In process, No 2nd AOR, BG Not Started.. No updates since 26th May
:( :(
Not to worry JB007, the processing varies among applicants as their cases are different. Just be patient and hopeful... :) Trust me if they found a reason to reject you, they will do it immediately . So the wait is actually a good sign.

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
flystanny said:
Not to worry JB007, the processing varies among applicants as their cases are different. Just be patient and hopeful... :) Trust me if they found a reason to reject you, they will do it immediately . So the wait is actually a good sign.
Thanks @flystanny. Have been trying to stay positive but looking at people being rejected as far into the process as 4 months is disheartening..

silmarilli103

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Calgary
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-04-2015
AOR Received.
13-04-2014
IELTS Request
14-04-2015
Righteous said:
lol.. PPR can be issued any day. got mine on a Monday.

all the best my friend.
anujgupta is correct! Monday is a statutory holiday in Canada - Civic Day! So if we don't hear anything today, we wait until Tuesday next week :(

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
So I'm not sure how this works. An FSW inlander moved to 'In Process' and got their PPR within hours! And we're waiting for what exactly...? :(