+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

EE Applicants Outside Canada Please Network Here

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I've created this thread for applicants outside Canada to post their timelines. I've noticed our timelines are quite different from those who applied from within Canada in that majority of us have our background checks stuck at 'Not Started'. However this may not necessarily mean that our background checks aren't in progress as 2 people who've received their PPR had their background checks change to in process on the same day of the request. So please post your timelines as this may help us figure out a trend. Pls see my timeline in the signature below. Thanks.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No movement for 5+ weeks now.

The application moved super quick for about 10 days after submission and has gone into cold storage since early May.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Not sure if everyone saw it so quoting this here... Hopefulguy (FSW outland) called up CIC and sent the below summary in another thread.

Hopefulguy said:
Many thanks for this DoubleS, really appreciate it. I finally got through to an agent after navigating through so many numbers and finally waiting for an agent for like 15mins.

My thinking before calling was that if you are applying from outside Canada (FSW outside Canada), then your file will be treated at your local visa office responsible for permanent residency. So I was trying to confirm from the guy when my file was sent to my local visa office. He said its not necessarily so. That my file for example is being treated in ottawa and is in process. That the last time it was accessed was early May but he cant give further details on the status.

He later went on to say do not judge anyone's application speed with yours because you are just going to be frustrated cos there a lots of factors that go into the application processing procedure and its a different case for different people.

He said in most cases, Ottawa will process the applications and then pass it at the last stage to the local visa office to issue PPR.

He did mention that application timeline is still 18months but they just try to process express entry faster. i disregarded the 18months info tho.

Good luck everyone

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
I can't disregard the '18 months" part of what the CIC agent/officer said. Ugh.

My BG check changed to not started a little over 2 weeks ago.

YamPower

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Kingston, Jamaica
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Passport Req..
09-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
23-09-2015
LANDED..........
13-11-2015
BTW, just want to say that I'm a member of a Whatsapp group of FSW2014 applicants from Jamaica. Most of the members of the group applied between October and December of last year. All of the people who applied during that time have gotten PPR. So basically it took them 6 months max.

I realise in the old system that CIC would ask for a medical to be done and RPRF. That adds about 6 weeks to the process (booking the medical, doing it, getting the results & sending them to CIC and then updating to say medical passed.) Plus there's the RPRF that might add about 1 week.

If it took 6 months under the old system and express entry takes 6-8 weeks off the time, then I think we don't have much to worry about. We should get PPR in 4 months tops (I hope). But that theory can only apply to the visa office in Jamaica. I'm not certain of the processing times elsewhere.

susmithaburra1989

Star Member
Apr 21, 2015
Singapore
Category........
NOC Code......
2173/ 2171
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-May-2015
Doc's Request.
ITA 27-March-2015
Nomination.....
Express Entry FSW
AOR Received.
13-May-2015
IELTS Request
N/A Ielts exam taken on March 2014
File Transfer...
Additional docs request 19-May-2015 (scheduleA)
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
18-Apr-2015
LANDED..........
19 January 2016
me too its been 4 weeks now
BG Check NOT STARTED..

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yampower - Hope you're right. So far, EE hasn't been much help for pure FSW applicants. Except for a few aberrations (Righteous, Kelfinwong and the good lady from KVO), can't see anyone else even getting BG started.

We are roughly in the same state as those Feb CEC applicants (the ones who were wrongly picked up and then had a correction draw) in the sense that they also waited for 2-3 months in the dark before their applications started popping out one after the other in end May. Hope our time comes soon...

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Not sure if everyone saw it so quoting this here... Hopefulguy (FSW outland) called up CIC and sent the below summary in another thread.

Quote from: Hopefulguy on June 08, 2015, 06:04:42 pm
Many thanks for this DoubleS, really appreciate it. I finally got through to an agent after navigating through so many numbers and finally waiting for an agent for like 15mins.

My thinking before calling was that if you are applying from outside Canada (FSW outside Canada), then your file will be treated at your local visa office responsible for permanent residency. So I was trying to confirm from the guy when my file was sent to my local visa office. He said its not necessarily so. That my file for example is being treated in ottawa and is in process. That the last time it was accessed was early May but he cant give further details on the status.

He later went on to say do not judge anyone's application speed with yours because you are just going to be frustrated cos there a lots of factors that go into the application processing procedure and its a different case for different people.

He said in most cases, Ottawa will process the applications and then pass it at the last stage to the local visa office to issue PPR.

He did mention that application timeline is still 18months but they just try to process express entry faster. i disregarded the 18months info tho.

Good luck everyone
I've just had a look at Hopeful Guy's status and his medical changed to passed April 21 and he said since then no changes. However according to him, when he called CIC he was told that his file was last accessed in May. I find this strange and wonder if our background checks are in progress eventhough our status remains unchanged.

VVK_01

Jun 5, 2015
Hi,

EE profile submitted : March 25th
ITA : March 27th
Application submitted : April 13th
First AOR received : April 13th
Medicals passed : April 22nd
Other indices : No change. Eligibility under review.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just last week, there were a couple of members who reported that their ECAS status moved from "Application Received" to "In Process" even while their MyCIC status remains unchanged. Hopeful that some of us see some changes today/Friday.

JB007

Oct 27, 2014
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 May
Doc's Request.
24 May
AOR Received.
15 May
Med's Done....
23 Apr
Hello all,

EE profile submitted : March 31st (score 471 , now 479 after TEF)
ITA : April 10th
Application submitted : May 16th
First AOR received : May 16th
Documents: Provided (additional docs: scanned copy of passport requested to be replaced on 25th May, done on 26th may)
Medicals passed : May 27th
Review: In progress
BG check : Not Started. (been 25 days / about 3 weeks)

ECAS: In process to App received on 1st June

We received your application on May 16th
We started processing your application on May 16th
Medical results have been recieved

EricCartman

Star Member
May 26, 2015
Canada
Hello

I am applying under FSW with 510 points , I think outside of canada hehehehe although I created the eye account in canada.

EE profile created : January 27, 2015
ITA : March 20
Application submitted : May 13
First AOR received : May 13
Documents: Provided , passport request letter uploaded passport copies to mycic
Medicals: passed May 22
BG check : In progress May 22

ECAS: In process to App received

We received your application on May 13

What is the difference between two line and three line in ecas????

Anya654

May 13, 2015
United Kingdom
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
EricCartman said:
Hello

I am applying under FSW with 510 points , I think outside of canada hehehehe although I created the eye account in canada.

EE profile created : January 27, 2015
ITA : March 20
Application submitted : May 13
First AOR received : May 13
Documents: Provided , passport request letter uploaded passport copies to mycic
Medicals: passed May 22
BG check : In progress May 22

ECAS: In process to App received

We received your application on May 13

What is the difference between two line and three line in ecas????
I don't understand what you mean by you created the eye account in Canada? Did you apply from within or outside Canada? If you applied from outside Canada ,have you been to Canada in the past ? Thanks.