+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education of teens in Canada

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
My children are in 9and 6th grades in India. We are planning to move to Canada in the month of February before they attend their final exams. Will they be able to continue their same grades in Canada or will be degraded.
They will be put in the same grade as the peers of their same age although you can argue if it doesn’t correspond to the same grade.

meecutie

Jan 13, 2020
They will be put in the same grade as the peers of their same age although you can argue if it doesn’t correspond to the same grade.
Hi,
Please how can I argue for the school authority to put my children in the grade that they are currently in. I am feeling bad that I am making my kids migrate, i don't know how they will feel making them repeating the grades they have completed. I plan moving to Saskatchewan. My kids current grade and age are:
13- 14years Grade 10
11 - 12 years Grade 8
9 - 10 years Grade 4
4 - 5 years Kindergarten
Kindly advise please

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi,
Please how can I argue for the school authority to put my children in the grade that they are currently in. I am feeling bad that I am making my kids migrate, i don't know how they will feel making them repeating the grades they have completed. I plan moving to Saskatchewan. My kids current grade and age are:
13- 14years Grade 10
11 - 12 years Grade 8
9 - 10 years Grade 4
4 - 5 years Kindergarten
Kindly advise please
You can certainly try but usually they will be put in the grade they qualify for based on age. They are moving to a new country and a new system. If some have to repeat a grade it is not because they have failed their grade they are entering a new school system where the curriculum may be different and you want them to integrate as best as possible. I would not want my child to be the youngest in their class. There are bigger chances or bullying, not finding friends if classmates are much older, etc.

meecutie

Jan 13, 2020
You can certainly try but usually they will be put in the grade they qualify for based on age. They are moving to a new country and a new system. If some have to repeat a grade it is not because they have failed their grade they are entering a new school system where the curriculum may be different and you want them to integrate as best as possible. I would not want my child to be the youngest in their class. There are bigger chances or bullying, not finding friends if classmates are much older, etc.
That's really a good angle to explain to them.
Thank you, really appreciate.