+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Education History for Express Profile

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Hi,
I am filling out the express entry profile. I have a confusion while filling out the "Education History" in the "Study and Languages" section.

Do I need to enter all the degrees (BS, MS, and Ph.D.) in this section or only the Ph.D?

I have ECA available for my Ph.D. only. I did not get ECA for BS and MS due to the following information on the CIC website: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=991&top=29

Now, as I have ECA only for Ph.D do I enter only Ph.D or all the degrees?

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
I have one more question. In the "Education History" section there is this following question in the form:

Were you awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study?

The options are YES or NO.

I do NOT have Canadian degree, diploma, or certificate but I have ECA from IQAS. Do I enter "YES" or "NO" to this question?

Last edited:

noscaf2014

Nov 2, 2016
I have one more question. In the "Education History" section there is the following questions in the form:

Were you awarded a awarded a Canadian degree, diploma or certificate for this period of study?

The options are YES or NO.

I do NOT have Canadian degree, diploma, or certificate but I have ECA from IQAS. Do I enter "YES" or "NO" to this question?
The answer is 'No' since you were not awarded a Canadian degree.

Reactions: IslamabadUnited

im.ran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
Hi Noscaf2014,

I have similar question, I have got my ECA done from WES and my post secondary diploma, bachelors and master's degree all are covered within one ECA report with title of "Master's Degree" at the top.

so, does it mean, I should not mention my Bachelors and post secondary diploma in Study and Languages, because, I will be claiming points for highest degree that will be Masters degree.

IslamabadUnited

Jul 1, 2017
Hi Noscaf2014,

I have similar question, I have got my ECA done from WES and my post secondary diploma, bachelors and master's degree all are covered within one ECA report with title of "Master's Degree" at the top.

so, does it mean, I should not mention my Bachelors and post secondary diploma in Study and Languages, because, I will be claiming points for highest degree that will be Masters degree.
I am still filling my profile and therefore not an expert, but I think you just have to mention the final degree. It is so because points are given for the last degree only.

ZionCanadahopeful

Star Member
Sep 6, 2018
Category........
FSW
App. Filed.......
30-10-2018
AOR Received.
22-01-2019
Med's Done....
29-02-2019
Passport Req..
01-04-2019
VISA ISSUED...
10-04-2019
LANDED..........
16-05-2019
Hi
I got my ECA done with both my bachelor and master degree. The ECA summary mentions

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Master's degree

CREDENTIAL ANALYSIS
1.Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years) .... for my bachelor
2.Canadian Equivalency: Master's degree ..... for my masters

I have below questions with respect to express entry profile education history:

1. Should i mention both my bachelor and master in education history or just my master?
2. Also what does "Since what year?" mean, is it beginning of course or end of course. For example i started my bachelor in 2003 and ended in 2006, so which should i put in there.
3.Under this is my current study? It should be select as yes for my Master degree right since that was last degree i did.

Thanks

AL-01

Mar 7, 2019
Only Ph.D. Other degrees go in Personal History section after you receive an ITA and you will not need to get them assessed. Good Luck!
Please inform if you only mentioned your masters in education section of Express entry profile and got your PR. I'm confused as some people say that we have to enter all the degrees and ECA for the last one only.

ajay_kumar

Jan 30, 2019
Hi Friends and @legalfalcon i really need your help here. I have added the matriculation and senior secondary details too (along with the ECA credentials details) in the education history when i was submittingmy application. Is it going to affect my application? Should i be worried about this one ?

legalfalcon

VIP Member
Sep 21, 2015
Montréal, Quebec, Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03-09-2015
Doc's Request.
01-10-2015
AOR Received.
03-09-2015
Med's Done....
17-08-2015
Passport Req..
05-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
12-04-2016
LANDED..........
05-05-2016
Hi Friends and @legalfalcon i really need your help here. I have added the matriculation and senior secondary details too (along with the ECA credentials details) in the education history when i was submittingmy application. Is it going to affect my application? Should i be worried about this one ?
It does not matter as you only get points for the highest education.

Reactions: aanastecia

aanastecia

Sep 7, 2020
@legalfalcon While filing the express entry profile. I have confusion in filling out the "Education History" in the "Study and Languages" section.

I have two degrees, evaluated together from WES

1> Bachelors Degree - Evaluated as "Bachelors degree 4 years"
2> Masters Degree - Evaluated as "Postgraduate diploma 1 year"

Questions,
1. Should I enter both Masters and Graduation

2. Which dropdown to select while entering the masters ( highest degree) for

2.a.>"Level of Education "

2.b.>"Level of education (Canadian equivalent) shown on Education Credential Assessment (ECA) report Your ECA report will tell you if your foreign education is equal to a completed Canadian degree, diploma or certificate. You must have the results of an ECA report to answer the question. If you are not sure what your result was, visit our website to understand what your ECA report results mean. (required) "