+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

********** EDMONTON VO CEC APPLICANTS 2021******************

malikabera

Star Member
Aug 31, 2018
Yeah, you're right to point that out. On the other hand, I don't see the analyst making any specific note about the issue they saw. For example, in my case it's also "review required" and the analyst specifically said "missing job duties". In the case of @ricaelum42 , I don't understand where the issue lies if there's any. Maybe someone else can weigh in on that.
@ricaelum42 is there anymore comment by the officer mentioned in the notes on the bottom …and I think may be ur job description is not cleared to them acc to NOC because there I can also see review require by the case analyst thoroughly check your gcms from where it starts ur eligibility

ricaelum42

Dec 19, 2020
I don’t get this part where it’s says cec experience-0years 0 months of 1 year this part is the only part says review require I might be wrong I am sorry not to give u any stress but may be they’re unable to months of experience u gained
Yeah, you're right to point that out. On the other hand, I don't see the analyst making any specific note about the issue they saw. For example, in my case it's also "review required" and the analyst specifically said "missing job duties". In the case of @ricaelum42 , I don't understand where the issue lies if there's any. Maybe someone else can weigh in on that.

I was studying part-time for 2 months could that be the reason? But work experience gained during part-time study should count towards CEC though..

chhatbarjignesh

Star Member
Dec 28, 2020
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
08/09/2020
Nomination.....
08/01/2021
AOR Received.
11/01/2021
I was studying part-time for 2 months could that be the reason? But work experience gained during part-time study should count towards CEC though..
This might be why they are reviewing from what I know, while studying full time, it can't be counted but in your case it's part-time studying, so it should be fine once it goes to the officer for review

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Not sure, I think if the work term is not a part of your studies like internship/co-op, then it should be counted. But I would ask @legalfalcon as he's more experienced in these matters.

ricaelum42

Dec 19, 2020
This might be why they are reviewing from what I know, while studying full time, it can't be counted but in your case it's part-time studying, so it should be fine once it goes to the officer for review
Do you think it's better to upload additional supporting document to prove the part-time study or it's better to do nothing at this moment?

Not sure, I think if the work term is not a part of your studies like internship/co-op, then it should be counted. But I would ask @legalfalcon as he's more experienced in these matters.
It's definitely not part of my studies. I'm just taking a part time master program to enhance my career...

viveksn02

Jul 26, 2021
Hi guys,

I decided to create this thread for my fellow applicants whose Visa Office is currently at Edmonton VO.

My file was stuck at Vancouver VO and then transferred to Edmonton VO.

Let's keep each other posted!!!!!!!!!!!
Follow this link to join my WhatsApp group: https://chat.whatsapp.com/E3dDmPlvPkU9LL6w34upw3 created a group for files moved to Edmonton, please join in this group as well guys

Reactions: Vikram_kumar123

JamieCCH

Jul 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
I just got my GCMS note today.
Primary VO: Edmonton (I'm in Toronto, I thought mine would be Ottawa)
Secondary VO: Winnipeg

AOR: Dec. 17, 2020
Eligibility: Recommend Pass on 2021/04/14 by Winnipeg VO
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress
Sub Activities: Received NRT on 2021/01/26
Med: Passed on 2021/01/20
Info Sharing: Complete

Nothing updated after 2021/04/14

Reactions: jabrams001

Abdbh11772g

Jul 14, 2021
I just got my GCMS note today.
Primary VO: Edmonton (I'm in Toronto, I thought mine would be Ottawa)
Secondary VO: Winnipeg

AOR: Dec. 17, 2020
Eligibility: Recommend Pass on 2021/04/14 by Winnipeg VO
Security: Not started
Criminality: In progress
Sub Activities: Received NRT on 2021/01/26
Med: Passed on 2021/01/20
Info Sharing: Complete

Nothing updated after 2021/04/14
Hang in there buddy. No news is good news and recommend pass pretty much means approval(or close). Are you a CEC applicant? Do you have dependents?

JamieCCH

Jul 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
Hang in there buddy. No news is good news and recommend pass pretty much means approval(or close). Are you a CEC applicant? Do you have dependents?
Thank you! Yes, CEC inland and no dependents.
Does it mean I'm only waiting for the background check now?

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
Does it mean I'm only waiting for the background check now?
Looks like it. It all boils down to the officer picking up our files from the long dusty shelf and to start actually working on them. The reason we're all waiting is because they have other priorities.

JamieCCH

Jul 26, 2021
Category........
CEC
Looks like it. It all boils down to the officer picking up our files from the long dusty shelf and to start actually working on them. The reason we're all waiting is because they have other priorities.
I see. Hopefully we 2020 applicants can get it soon. Many ppl got invited with the CRS 75 draw already got their CoPR (just in 2-3 months) and we are still waiting in the darkness, it makes me feel so unfair...:(. Btw, your AOR is my birthday LOL The official status page says they're processing the files sent between Oct 4 to Oct 10. I believe yours is just at the corner!

jabrams001

Star Member
Feb 18, 2021
I see. Hopefully we 2020 applicants can get it soon. Many ppl got invited with the CRS 75 draw already got their CoPR (just in 2-3 months) and we are still waiting in the darkness, it makes me feel so unfair...:(. Btw, your AOR is my birthday LOL The official status page says they're processing the files sent between Oct 4 to Oct 10. I believe yours is just at the corner!
I know it's unfair. There are people from early and mid-2020 who are still waiting and I feel very bad for them.
I'll definitely post in this thread if I get any update over the next couple of weeks, but honestly I don't expect too much.

Last edited:
Reactions: lllsouzap