+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton Jan/Feb 2012 applicant

Onyex2012

Mar 12, 2013
My application:
Received Jan 5 2012
Went in proccess Nov 5 2012

I called CIC yesterday and I was told my application is still normal, nothing is been requested, and it's still in Sydney NS.

Anyone with updates on there application? Please join.

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jshahid said:
Welcome to LONGGGG line of waiting....

I have been waiting since April 2012.
I thought you applied in 2011 ... :)

Welcome to our long queue Onyex2012. I applied at the end of Aug, 2011 and still waiting for the test invitation.

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
edmonton2011 said:
I thought you applied in 2011 ... :)

Welcome to our long queue Onyex2012. I applied at the end of Aug, 2011 and still waiting for the test invitation.
Oh I did but I missed my stupid test date just because I got the letter late. so the original test date was April 2012. So I guess I am back in the line since April 2012.

Onyex2012

Mar 12, 2013
It's taken a really long time to proccess this, the call center agent told me if I don't hear anything about my test by July I should call back.

black star

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
hey im living outside of canada and i file for my citizenship in nov 2011 got it back in april 2012 on my b-day,apply for my canadian passport 2 or 3 days after that got it back in 3weeks ;D time.sometime its just that the persons or ppl who r looking bout or documents r jus slacking off :mad: and aint doing shit.where on the other end its what we put on the forms that holding up things

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Onyex2012 said:
It's taken a really long time to proccess this, the call center agent told me if I don't hear anything about my test by July I should call back.
I was told the same thing: Call back in July ... :(
First it was July, 2012 then Nov, 2012 then around Feb, 2013 then July, 2013 ...and I bet that if I call them in July, they will come up with another date ....

black star - It does not help when your file gets lost in transit between Sydney and the local office for several months ... This is what happened to us.

black star

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
ooo well did u apply true a embassy or consulate,embassies or often slow on processing time while the consulate more faster and efficiently

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
black star said:
hey im living outside of canada and i file for my citizenship in nov 2011 got it back in april 2012 on my b-day,apply for my canadian passport 2 or 3 days after that got it back in 3weeks ;D time.sometime its just that the persons or ppl who r looking bout or documents r jus slacking off :mad: and aint doing *censored word*.where on the other end its what we put on the forms that holding up things
Sorry but your timeline seems to be way too short ... Current timeline for citizenship applications is 21 months. It is hard to believe that you got it within 5 months! Also you CANNOT apply for citizenship from outside of Canada. You CANNOT apply through an embassy or consulat for grant of citizenship. You HAVE to send the application form to Sydney. There is no other way ....

black star

Star Member
Mar 7, 2013
lol its tru @edmonton,my father is a canadian n file for citizenship @ a consulate n got it within those excatly dates

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, than your case is completely different. You were a Canadian citizen by birth, you just had to provide proof. You did not have to be a permanent resident for 3 years before getting your citizenship.
The timeline for you application cannot be compared to ours who apply for grant of citizenship. :)

Blue_Star

Star Member
Feb 7, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
edmonton2011 said:
Well, than your case is completely different. You were a Canadian citizen by birth, you just had to provide proof. You did not have to be a permanent resident for 3 years before getting your citizenship.
The timeline for you application cannot be compared to ours who apply for grant of citizenship. :)
Hi Edmonton 2011,
Can you please add my time line to your time line spreadsheet?
My local office is Scarborough.

Thank You...

jshahid

Star Member
May 23, 2012
I also just called them today and have been told that Edmonton location is currently scheduling exams (still waiting for some one to come to Fort Mcmurray). He told me that I should be getting in couple of week, max by June.. ha ha what a joke. :-\

edmonton2011

Star Member
Dec 7, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jshahid said:
I also just called them today and have been told that Edmonton location is currently scheduling exams

Yayy, that is great news! Maybe we will receive our invitation soon. :)

Blue_Star - I will add your timeline later today.