+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Edmonton applicant Oct. 2017 after C6

hnl

Jun 5, 2013
Hi there,

My status is in process since Jan, 2018.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 27, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on December 7, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on January 3, 2018.
  4. We sent you a notice on January 19, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on February 14, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
I already took a test in Feb 14, 2018 but still in process. I checked with CIC call center regarding of my status, just the same response as I see it on website.

My brother and I applied together (both single) - Is is usual to wait this long?

Is there anyone who took test in Feb, 2018 still waiting for the oath ceremony

Jun 4, 2015
Want to share my timeline

Apps recd Nov 6 2017
AOR Jan 26 2018
In process Feb 23
Test invite Mar 19
Test date April 24
DM April 28
Oath date recd June 7
Oath date July 6

Primary applicant with 2 dependant.
Goodluck to us all!
Cheers!

Reactions: qjzhou

A&A13

Apr 18, 2018
Passed my test today (20/20) here in Edmonton. The officer checked the stamps from my passport, asked me what i do and where i work, how frequently i go to USA (i have gone there multiple times) and if my close family live there, who has paid for my travel in the past, who from my family lives here in Canada and what's their immigration status, do i have any record with police, single or married... that was about it, he asked me more than a few questions though... have me sign the declaration form and told me if all is okay in my file, i will receive an oath invite in 3-6 months..

I did ask him to confirm if all the background checks are already done for my file.. He replied he can't check as if he does not have the authority to check.. I don't know how true it is but i am glad that i am done with the process...

The test was easy if you have read the book a couple of times..

A&A13

Apr 18, 2018
Admin, my status changed to decision made. Can you please update my timeline in the spreadsheet?

Danielnases

Star Member
Apr 18, 2018
I became a citizen yesterday with 90 other fellows.
applied on Oct 17, 2017
AOR : Nov 25 , 2017
IP : Dec 10 , 2017
test : Jan 27 , 2018
DM : May 29 , 2018
oath : June 19 , 2018

status changed to complete and the last line in ecase says I became a Canadian Citizen

good luck to all of you guys in your journey and don't worry. your special days comes soon.

musicengg

Nov 14, 2017
I had the weirdest thing happen on my ECAS that I didnt expect to happen. My oath is on the 3rd july.

I was also invited to apply for my parents sponsorship application which I applied last month Mid May.

I have a new section altogether on my ecas above the Citizenship Application(s) that say's

Permanent Residence Application(s)
With my name as the applicant and says application received. When clicked upon it says:

Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 17, 2018.
I suspect its for the parents application that I applied but it is just weird that it says my name as the applicant. Any have any experience with this?

BellRanger

Jun 26, 2014
Hi guys, friend of mine had applied his Citizenship after one month before I applied in October.
He had failed into his knowledge test in April and he rewrote it in May. Now he just told me he got an oath Invitation on July 17th. I am not jealous,but very surprised how the Edmonton office has been working lately ?Or it’s just depends on person file ?
Here I wrote my knowledge test on March 12th and after that I haven’t heard anything from them. Hopefully dream come true this month for everyone. Happy Canada day to all.

gee777

Jul 3, 2018
I have Oath Ceremony on July 17 at 12:30pm. Anyone else have same time 12:30pm??

Decision Made May 22, 2018.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 8, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on November 17, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on June 26, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.

rajmalhotra7

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have Oath Ceremony on July 17 at 12:30pm. Anyone else have same time 12:30pm??

Decision Made May 22, 2018.

1. We received your application for Canadian citizenship (grant of citizenship) on October 16, 2017.
  2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s), and a study book called Discover Canada on October 23, 2017.
  3. We started processing your application on November 8, 2017.
  4. We sent you correspondence on November 17, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  5. We sent you a notice on April 23, 2018 to appear and write the citizenship test on May 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive by mail will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
  6. We sent you a notice on June 26, 2018 to appear and take the oath of citizenship at the citizenship ceremony to be held on July 17, 2018 at 12:30 PM. The notice you will receive will be your official confirmation of your appointment. If you have not received this notice prior to the date of your scheduled appointment, please contact us.
Added you to October sheet of global 2017 tracker. Link is in my signature.

Allow 20-30 minutes for updated to reflect in tracker.

Reactions: gee777