Edmonton applicant Oct. 2017 after C6

Raiferzz

Aug 29, 2018
Also waiting for oath ceremony notice.
Application was received 21 dec
Test was done on 7 May
Decision was made on 8 May
Hoping to get invite for oath soon.
I did contacted irCc few weeks ago, I was told my file is in line to be scheduled for an oath ceremony. So let’s hope we all get the oath invite, Edmonton / single applicant here.
Called yesterday and was told the same thing - that my family is in line to be scheduled for an Oath ceremony as well, and that they are looking for a slot to drop us in.

Reactions: Agharr1

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
Called yesterday and was told the same thing - that my family is in line to be scheduled for an Oath ceremony as well, and that they are looking for a slot to drop us in.

Hopefully we should receive the invite for oath in this week or week after.

Ircc usually send oath invites at least 2 weeks in advance, there are 7 oath ceremonies scheduled (considering today’s date where we potentially can be invited for) in Edmonton IRCC office. So let’s keep the positivity going and hope for the invite sooooooon :)

Reactions: Jok5r

BellRanger

Jun 26, 2014
Hello folks. Finally my journey finished on 13th September. I became a Canadian Citizen. Please update my status. Good luck to all.

Kevin-001

Sep 1, 2018
Congratulations for all, I think I am the only applicant who left from October 2017. Application received on October 23th, 2017 and Passed the exam on May 14th, 2018, but still in the process :( :(

Seen12

Star Member
Feb 16, 2017
Congratulations for all, I think I am the only applicant who left from October 2017. Application received on October 23th, 2017 and Passed the exam on May 14th, 2018, but still in the process :( :(
Same here buddy..app recieved oct 18.. test March 29 and still waiting..

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
@Raiferzz Thank you.

It’s actually other way around in most cases and what I have observed here in this forum families get priority.

Did you try to call IRCC client care number? Ask them when your date is scheduled for oath taking, they will be able to tell you if there is an event scheduled for you and for your family, again it depends case to case.

Don’t worry, let IRCC do their thing and you will get yours sooner.

Best of luck.

Songkun

Mar 15, 2018
I am with you on this.
My application received on Oct 13, 2017 and still in process.
When I had an interview with immigration officer, he told me that I gonna have oath invitation in Sep.
but nothing has happened till now.

jameswood2

Star Member
Jul 11, 2018
im here with you, Vancouver office, the test was done the beginning of March and still in process, the funny thing is the officer told me you should get oath within 3-4months and I was whaat 3-4months soo long. its been 7months and still IP

Raiferzz

Aug 29, 2018
@Raiferzz Thank you.

It’s actually other way around in most cases and what I have observed here in this forum families get priority.

Did you try to call IRCC client care number? Ask them when your date is scheduled for oath taking, they will be able to tell you if there is an event scheduled for you and for your family, again it depends case to case.

Don’t worry, let IRCC do their thing and you will get yours sooner.

Best of luck.

Yeah, I did (still waiting on my Oath-taking). Same answer each time - waiting for the Edmonton CIC Office to find a slot in the Oath-taking schedules to put my family in.

I've been humoring my wife that we might just be included in upcoming special events in Edmonton. The city's had "events" to inject these ceremonies, like an Eskimos halftime show and during the Entertainment Expo last September. At this rate, I get a feeling it'll be an Oilers home game. :p

But yes, still waiting. I'm travelling in December so the wait is nuts!