+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECS - Accreditation for unconvetional Bachelor's Degree - Musical Instrument Maker

can91

Feb 20, 2020
Hello everybody,

I have graduated from a university, music conservatory faculty, musical instrument making dept. It was a 4 years baccalaureate program leaded me to have a bachelor’s degree. After that, I have taken a year post-grad program on Pedagogy. I have been working in hospitality sector since I was a teenager and followed hospitality carreer path. In short, I have not improved my career on music or education but, on the contrary, I focused on hospitality and management. I’m planning to take an educational program related hospitality which differs from my previous major, thereafter I also would like to try my chances to immigrate via either express entry or other programs by having a 2 years diploma in hospitality and if possible Canadian working experience. For me things get complicated after this point.

The issue is I’m worrying about accreditation of my major. In my search, I have seen there is only one school that provides such diploma is “Ecole National de Lutherie” in the Quebec State and the degree they provide is 3 years long advanced diploma. With curiosity, I have carefully inspected and compared the violin making degree that Ecole National de Lutherie offers with my current diploma supplement. Some classes are same as mine but some are not. I also believe, I had taken more detailed and intensive program.

Now I’m deeply worried about accreditation assessments. The whole status I’m going to face is depending on approval of my degree credential. As you may know, having bachelor’s degree or advanced diploma is much more beneficial in points of CRS than having 2 years diploma which is a very problematic issue that I need to clarify before arrival.

I would like to ask for assistance on this issue. I would like to know, even in a refusal of accreditation, can my degree be taken into account for CRS points. Isn’t there any other option? What can it be done?