+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eCOPR Waiting

Rimzim123

Jan 7, 2023
Hi Everyone,

I got my portal (ID Pw) on Oct 13th, 2022
And submitted on Oct 14th, 2022 with the declaration of presence in Canada, mailing address, and photo uploaded.

Nov 19th, 2022 not received my eCOPR.

anybody knows about it. Why is eCOPR taking too long? or How long it takes?

Thank you
Did You received E COPR !? Same situation for me

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
So I got my portal 2 email, but no login credentials so I've sent emails to IRCC as requested by my representative to try and get them to rectify this. I have heard rumblings that you have 7 days from getting the portal 2 email to confirm you details- is this true? (only panicking about that as I'm absolutely certain any correspondence from IRCC is gonna take longer than 7 days)

My email just says " A new case created under your account" but mentions no deadline.

Last edited:

CampbellR

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
So I got my portal 2 email, but no login credentials so I've sent emails to IRCC as requested by my representative to try and get them to rectify this. I have heard rumblings that you have 7 days from getting the portal 2 email to confirm you details- is this true? (only panicking about that as I'm absolutely certain any correspondence from IRCC is gonna take longer than 7 days)

My email just says " A new case created under your account" but mentions no deadline.
just found the site stating....

Step 2: You have 7 days from the date of this email to confirm you’re in Canada and submit your photo.
Once you submit your information, it will be reviewed by IRCC.
If further information is needed, a message will be sent to you through this email address....

But I do not think this " 7 days" really matters.
Because your representative have notified ircc your current circumstance, and what is the new case?indicating for fixing the log-in issue?

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
just found the site stating....

Step 2: You have 7 days from the date of this email to confirm you’re in Canada and submit your photo.
Once you submit your information, it will be reviewed by IRCC.
If further information is needed, a message will be sent to you through this email address....

But I do not think this " 7 days" really matters.
Because your representative have notified ircc your current circumstance, and what is the new case?indicating for fixing the log-in issue?
Found the site with that email form, I did not get that email at all- because they think I already have login credentials (when I don't).

i notified IRCC myself mentioning that I need the login issue rectified. It's frustrating and an unecessary stressor but I'm sure it will get fixed.

The new case is the portal 2 email I got:

"This email is to notify you that a new permanent residence confirmation case has been created under your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account.

To view and action this case log into your IRCC Permanent Residence Portal account with your current log-in credentials.

Copy and paste this link into your browser to sign in to the PR Portal: https://prson-srpel.apps.cic.gc.ca/en/login

For additional information on using the PR Portal to confirm your status as a permanent resident and receive your PR card, copy and paste this link into your browser: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/pr-confirmation-portal.html

Thank you,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"
The problem in effect has arisen from a technical problem when my representative was setting up the PR Portal for me with my main email address- we were never able to login with the temporary password back in 2021- so my rep rather than contacting IRCC back then, asked me if I had a backup email address and I gave that and that's the what we used for the application portal.

When I replied to Portal 1- i just used the info my representative was using which had the original email address from 2021- and despite never being able to activate a portal using that email address IRCC think I have login credentials for it- and the portal system knows this because when I try "forgot my password" it never sends me a reset link because it was never activated. It's a bit of a head fuck the explanation. In effect I just need IRCC to reset and send me a new temporary password to log in and complete the final step of the process or transfer it to the PR Portal account I ended up using for the application.

It's added a lot of stress to the weekend ( i don't think i would be stressed if it had happened at the start of the week)

I'd be extremely pissed if this ends up meaning that my wife and I can't end up confirming our PR at all because of some arbitrary deadline.

Last edited:

CampbellR

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.globalvisafirm.com/pr-confirmation-portal/amp/

I guess this is a chinese site showing that statement. I managed to find it with various keyword, so that resulted in it.
I am pretty sure that the issue will be fixed.
Head up!
@ragolliangatan
damn! f--k sake.it's got complicated. I very much know your frustration. I wish you could call ircc and manage to speak with the staff today. all you need to is do explanation. I wish we were on weekday.

ragolliangatan

Jun 1, 2021
@ragolliangatan
damn! f--k sake.it's got complicated. I very much know your frustration. I wish you could call ircc and manage to speak with the staff today. all you need to is do explanation. I wish we were on weekday.
yeah, ultimately the fix should be straightforward- it's just the time these things take with IRCC.

I sent 3 different emails to different IRCC email addresses as requested by my representative, ultimately I know I can get my representative to do some of the leg work if things don't get rectified next week, and always the option of chasing it up via speaking to an MP.

Reactions: CampbellR

CampbellR

Star Member
Feb 21, 2022
Category........
PNP
yeah, ultimately the fix should be straightforward- it's just the time these things take with IRCC.

I sent 3 different emails to different IRCC email addresses as requested by my representative, ultimately I know I can get my representative to do some of the leg work if things don't get rectified next week, and always the option of chasing it up via speaking to an MP.
I could be evil to whip my rep to work it out if I were you.
I know you are gonna be alright.

MSCG

Oct 5, 2021
Hello Guys, Is Anyone here waiting for ecopr from Montreal VO ?
I’m waiting since Nov 21.