+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

eCoPR Incorrect Original Entry Date

Bikka19

Sep 29, 2021
Hi everyone, I have the same issue. I received my e-copr recently and the original entry date is incorrect. Does this affect anything in the future like citizenship application ?

devesh050908

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Hi everyone, I have the same issue. I received my e-copr recently and the original entry date is incorrect. Does this affect anything in the future like citizenship application ?
I also have same issue, invalid original entry date there's one request form i1436 which we may need to submit through webform I already contacted it didn't attach this form, got to know this form later. I am planning to fill sign and submit.

Bikka19

Sep 29, 2021
I also have same issue, invalid original entry date there's one request form i1436 which we may need to submit through webform I already contacted it didn't attach this form, got to know this form later. I am planning to fill sign and submit.
Hi, how can we submit this webform ? Can you share more details please ?

devesh050908

Star Member
May 5, 2021
Hi, how can we submit this webform ? Can you share more details please ?
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/application-forms-guides/guide-5218-request-amend-record-landing-confirmation-permanent-residence-valid-temporary-resident-documents.html
This one is the link we received from ircc once PR is approved, saying we are permanent residents from now. In that email we can find link for amending the copr if there are errors. It looks like we need send by Post only. But, hopefully it won't affect us untill we correct it.

Arif85

Oct 13, 2021
Hi guys I want to know anyone did correction in ECoPR original date then please share here coz I have same problem my ECoPR original date is wrong same last date and if no need then also please share here
Thanks

Arif85

Oct 13, 2021
Hey your original date correction done or not if it’s done then please share with us how you did coz we also have same problem.

CAN_PR_01

Jul 8, 2021
I have also same issue. Orig entry date is printed same as Last entry date. When I contacted IRCC, the agent suggested me to send an email (to the same email id from which we received portal request) to get it corrected. Planning to send the email. Hope they will resolve the issue.

Arif85

Oct 13, 2021
I have also same issue. Orig entry date is printed same as Last entry date. When I contacted IRCC, the agent suggested me to send an email (to the same email id from which we received portal request) to get it corrected. Planning to send the email. Hope they will resolve the issue.
Same problem here original date printed last date I m already contact to IRCC they told me same thing send the email to where you get the portal confirmation and I m already send it and it’s more then 2 weeks but still no replied I don’t know what to do coz in my portal showing my case closed and approved they will remove my all information from portal after 30 days

CAN_PR_01

Jul 8, 2021
Same problem here original date printed last date I m already contact to IRCC they told me same thing send the email to where you get the portal confirmation and I m already send it and it’s more then 2 weeks but still no replied I don’t know what to do coz in my portal showing my case closed and approved they will remove my all information from portal after 30 days
Hope they make a note of it and correct it if necessary.
I found this page which describes the meaning of these dates. Not sure if the discrepancy can cause any issues in future.

• Last entry date and Original entry date – If the COPR originated from a visa office overseas, these fields must be completed; the officer may use the date that permanent resident status was granted.

Arif85

Oct 13, 2021
Hope they make a note of it and correct it if necessary.
I found this page which describes the meaning of these dates. Not sure if the discrepancy can cause any issues in future.

• Last entry date and Original entry date – If the COPR originated from a visa office overseas, these fields must be completed; the officer may use the date that permanent resident status was grante
  • Hope they make a note of it and correct it if necessary.

• Last entry date and Original entry date – If the COPR originated from a visa office overseas, these fields must be completed; the officer may use the date that permanent resident status was granted.
    [*]
    Just now I send one more email If I didn’t get any reply then I will not send another email then maybe I will go for amendment form and send to them by mail they will do correction 4 to 5 weeks process and i don’t think any issue in future coz IRCC have our all information

Mrunalni

Jan 17, 2021
Hi.. I recently received my ecopr and the last entry date is wrong and location is unknown. I replied back to the same mail where I sent my details but no response from them. How to submit a webform and did you get any reply. Thank you

ProtoKaul

Nov 7, 2021
Hi everyone, I had the same issue with the dates. I just fedexed the correction using the forms and instructions. I’m guessing this will again delay my PR card. Illl keep everyone posted on the progress. Previous to the amendment process, I raised a web form query to update my date - but they replied with the long mailing process to amend……..