Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
I received my AOR just a few days ago and I wish to travel to my home country in March for about 2 months . Even though my landlord will inform me if I get my test/interview invite during my absence, I want to know;

Do they tell you on ecas that they have sent you a test/interview invite?

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
They sent me my invitation by email first, and then updated eCAS the next day. If you provided an email address, they will email it to you; otherwise, you receive it via snail mail, and you may see the status change.

Honestly, you very likely won't get the test invite any time soon- today marks the 1 year anniversary of when IRCC first received my application, and I got the test invite in late January of this year. If you're that concerned about missing the invitation, you should just send a webform to IRCC and tell them you intend to leave the country for a couple of months and provide them with your departure/arrival dates- that way, you know for sure you won't be scheduled to take the test during that time.

hardnut

Aug 23, 2018
Brampton, ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi, IND
App. Filed.......
11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
07-2011
LANDED..........
10-2011
They sent me my invitation by email first, and then updated eCAS the next day. If you provided an email address, they will email it to you; otherwise, you receive it via snail mail, and you may see the status change.
Thanks for the reply.

Did you get your invitation by snail mail as well or only by email?
I was under the impression that they send all test/interview invites by snail mail, even if they have your email address.

Honestly, you very likely won't get the test invite any time soon- today marks the 1 year anniversary of when IRCC first received my application, and I got the test invite in late January of this year. If you're that concerned about missing the invitation, you should just send a webform to IRCC and tell them you intend to leave the country for a couple of months and provide them with your departure/arrival dates- that way, you know for sure you won't be scheduled to take the test during that time.
Wow, one year to test invite !!!! Can you think of any reason why it took that long?
I thought their official processing time to oath was 12 months.

SideshowLoki

Star Member
Apr 10, 2018
London, ON
LANDED..........
11-27-2007
I only received the invite by email.

There's no way to really know why it took so long, but it did. It's not outside of the norm either.