+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS Decision Made - how long should i wait to get the passport back

cat321

Aug 23, 2009
My Dad's ECAS changed to Decision made on Monday, Jan 11.
Does this mean that he's application is approved? If so, how long should we wait to receive his passport with visa.

This application is file in Manila office.

Appreciated your feedback.

angel05ruma

Dec 30, 2009
cat321 said:
My Dad's ECAS changed to Decision made on Monday, Jan 11.
Does this mean that he's application is approved? If so, how long should we wait to receive his passport with visa.

This application is file in Manila office.

Appreciated your feedback.
Wow, congrats Cat321! We are in the same situation (although i'm sponsoring my husband) but E-cas also changed monday morning (about 9am PST) Jan 11th with Decision Made. There is one guy from another thread that mentioned it is usually 3-5 days, so it should be by the end of this week. Ohh... i'm so excited and nervous about the decision. Hoping for the soonest respond from Manila office about their visa's. Regards! angel

cat321

Aug 23, 2009
Thanks angel05ruma. Congratulations too.

I hope it won't take that long. My Dad is in the province so I don't know if that will make a difference. It may take longer though. However, as long as we receive the passport with visa, we don't mind waiting for few days.

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
DOes anyone know why CIC doesn't specify what the decision was in e-cas? The report is confidential, so no reason to be coy or secretive.

They could thus eliminate many calls to the Call Centre for clarification.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Because they suck, that's why. :)

Nah, I don't know. Probably some privacy reason that goes beyond the security of eCAS.

toby said:
DOes anyone know why CIC doesn't specify what the decision was in e-cas? The report is confidential, so no reason to be coy or secretive.

They could thus eliminate many calls to the Call Centre for clarification.

angel05ruma

Dec 30, 2009
cat321 said:
HI Angel - have you received your passport yet?
No Cat, my hubby is still waiting for the package to arrive. Hoping to receive it by the end of today. Does any1 know if DHL delivers package on saturdays?

cat321

Aug 23, 2009
Hi Angel - My Dad hasn't received his passport either. He lives outside Manila so I don't know if that makes a difference. Where is your husband from? I hope DHL delivers on weekends too.

angel05ruma

Dec 30, 2009
cat321 said:
Hi Angel - My Dad hasn't received his passport either. He lives outside Manila so I don't know if that makes a difference. Where is your husband from? I hope DHL delivers on weekends too.
He lives somewhere in fairview quezon city... I think DHL should have the same or almost the same time frame when delivering to clients as they all would come from the immigration office in manila.

cat321

Aug 23, 2009
I actually called my MP this afternoon to further inquire about the status of the application and get more details about the changed in ECAs to DM. She said she'll email Manila and will get back to me either tomorrow or Monday.

Please post here as soon as your husband's receives his passport and will do the same. Are you here in Ontario?

angel05ruma

Dec 30, 2009
cat321 said:
I actually called my MP this afternoon to further inquire about the status of the application and get more details about the changed in ECAs to DM. She said she'll email Manila and will get back to me either tomorrow or Monday.

Please post here as soon as your husband's receives his passport and will do the same. Are you here in Ontario?
Ohh.. ic.. hopefully we receive them as soon as possible. what stresses me is that i need to let my boss know once my hubby receives it so I can have a week off (dates uncertain yet) to pick him up.

I'm in BC... working in vancouver but lives in burnaby. thanks. keep in touch!

angel05ruma

Dec 30, 2009
@ Cat, Sis! i just talked to my hubby and he just received his pport and immigration visa! thank u thank u thank u Lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D finally!

toby

Champion Member
Sep 29, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 2009
Med's Done....
October 2009 and 15 April 2011
Interview........
4 April 2011
Passport Req..
4 April 2011
VISA ISSUED...
7 July 2011
LANDED..........
15 July 2011
I hate to ask awkward questions, but does "decision made" always mean "yes"? If the decision were negative, what would ecas say?

cat321

Aug 23, 2009
hi angel - congrats! i'm really happy for you. i'm glad you and your husband can live together na.
we're still waiting for my Dad's visa. it may really take longer because he lives outside manila.

i'm from Mississauga, On. good luck on both of you.

bobbie

Dec 3, 2009
@angel - what is your time line? I'm also waiting for my visa. But my ny e-cas is still in process. Processing started last Oct !5 (3 mos to be exact)!!!