+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECAS Decision Made and NO PPR Express Entry Candidates Connect Here!!

SnakePlissken

Star Member
Apr 26, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
App. Filed.......
Feb-10-2018
AOR Received.
Mar-20-2018
Been sitting on DM since Sep 4. Is it normal to wait for more than a week or two to know what the decision is?

My Timeline:
Category - FSWP Inland
April 25 - Submitted
April 25 - AOR
June 3 - Medicals Passed, BG Check In Progress
August 14 - ECAS in Process
September 3 - Ghost email from MyCIC
September 4 - ECAS Decision Made

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Erika Lo said:
Thanks!! I was an international student since 15 yrs old. Back to my country to work for 2 yrs after finish the school then applied for working holiday to come back then LMO then PR. What a long journey!!!!
I'm similar....but I didn't really think about PR like that at the time. Came out here at 18 to attend university. Was in school for 8 years (went to university and went after a second diploma after that)..decided to go back home and worked for 3 years...after that decided that I wanted to come back out to Canada so I came back for another diploma, after which got my pgwp, work experience and now applied for PR. Keeping my fingers crossed for something positive. So far, so good though :).....amazing how worried I was at the beginning of the year and in a matter of a month or two things have totally changed and I see the finish line in sight. ;D

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riddymon said:
I'm similar....but I didn't really think about PR like that at the time. Came out here at 18 to attend university. Was in school for 8 years (went to university and went after a second diploma after that)..decided to go back home and worked for 3 years...after that decided that I wanted to come back out to Canada so I came back for another diploma, after which got my pgwp, work experience and now applied for PR. Keeping my fingers crossed for something positive. So far, so good though :).....amazing how worried I was at the beginning of the year and in a matter of a month or two things have totally changed and I see the finish line in sight. ;D
It's interesting to see one divide here that few have commented on. There are those on this forum who are looking forward to a brand new life in Canada - they have chosen to live here but haven't begun that life yet and can only imagine what it will be. And then there are those who are looking to make the life they already have in Canada official and permanent. Of course, all of us in the second position were once in the first!

AAlhadka

Mar 6, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
It's interesting to see one divide here that few have commented on. There are those on this forum who are looking forward to a brand new life in Canada - they have chosen to live here but haven't begun that life yet and can only imagine what it will be. And then there are those who are looking to make the life they already have in Canada official and permanent. Of course, all of us in the second position were once in the first!
I like that reflection!! I thought I was late to start the PR process after being here since the 2013 with my work permit, but it seems not knowing how many other people lived longer on such a temporary residence! but at the end, everyone looks at how to make his/her journey more meaningful and fulfilling!

riddymon

Jun 26, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Exactly......very true. When I first came out here, I wasn't thinking about living here permanently. Not that I wasn't against it but it wasn't really in my mindset. It was only after spending a good amount of time here where i actually thought that I should do it. I actually didn't intend to come back after I moved home to work but once I got back, I became very clear to me how much I loved it out here, especially in Nova Scotia. I made lots of friends, spent a lot of time out here and didn't really feel connected to my home country anymore. It was then that I decided that coming back permanently was the best option. I was just lucky that everything aligned so I was able to do so, well..hopefully do so. For instance, I never got a post-grad work permit so that option was available to me. I was at least guaranteed to be in Canada for another 5 years, including school. Then once I had started working, I decided to finally apply for PR and they changed it to express entry....freaked out because the scores were getting nowhere near what I had (and still wouldn't had I not gotten nomination). While waiting and stressing, lol..nova scotia opened up the NS Experience - Express Entry Stream and that pretty much got the ball rolling to where I am now. Just amazed how fast everything has moved since I first decided to apply for nomination in June.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
riddymon said:
Exactly......very true. When I first came out here, I wasn't thinking about living here permanently. Not that I wasn't against it but it wasn't really in my mindset. It was only after spending a good amount of time here where i actually thought that I should do it. I actually didn't intend to come back after I moved home to work but once I got back, I became very clear to me how much I loved it out here, especially in Nova Scotia. I made lots of friends, spent a lot of time out here and didn't really feel connected to my home country anymore. It was then that I decided that coming back permanently was the best option. I was just lucky that everything aligned so I was able to do so, well..hopefully do so. For instance, I never got a post-grad work permit so that option was available to me. I was at least guaranteed to be in Canada for another 5 years, including school. Then once I had started working, I decided to finally apply for PR and they changed it to express entry....freaked out because the scores were getting nowhere near what I had (and still wouldn't had I not gotten nomination). While waiting and stressing, lol..nova scotia opened up the NS Experience - Express Entry Stream and that pretty much got the ball rolling to where I am now. Just amazed how fast everything has moved since I first decided to apply for nomination in June.
Wishing you all the best! I can understand loving Nova Scotia - I grew up in New England, which is very similar, and I have missed the salt air every day since I left it 13 years ago! You are almost to PR now -- good luck!

AshesNdust

Jan 4, 2015
The average wait is about 2 weeks. Some people had to wait over a month So, don't worry yet. :) if you don't hear anything by the end of the week, you can try calling the CIC to see if an agent is willing to tell you the status over the phone.

SnakePlissken said:
Been sitting on DM since Sep 4. Is it normal to wait for more than a week or two to know what the decision is?

My Timeline:
Category - FSWP Inland
April 25 - Submitted
April 25 - AOR
June 3 - Medicals Passed, BG Check In Progress
August 14 - ECAS in Process
September 3 - Ghost email from MyCIC
September 4 - ECAS Decision Made

Optimisticlady

Star Member
Jun 9, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
April 17
IELTS Request
April 20
LANDED..........
In Canada
Can anyone say the fax number for Ottawa processing centre. I sent them an email for change of visa office for spouse and kids but no reply as yet. I really have some urgent issues to take care of and I would really love for them to change as soon as possible. Thanks!

iamyyang

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
UrbanNomad said:
Dont think so :)
Yeah. Those agents. . .
You said it would take up to two weeks, yet previously two of my friends waited for two weeks, which gave me the depressing impression that two weeks was the normal waiting time. Is it that CIC is speeding up now? Recently, what are the chances of hearing from them within 10 days? Thanks a lot~

Singalingali

Jan 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi people
Congratulations to those who got PPR! Does any one have any idea why CIC delays sending PPR to some applicants for up to one or two months after Decision Made? What could be the reason? Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

iamyyang

Star Member
Dec 24, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
Wishing you all the best! I can understand loving Nova Scotia - I grew up in New England, which is very similar, and I have missed the salt air every day since I left it 13 years ago! You are almost to PR now -- good luck!
Hi, dobes. I noticed it took only 8 days for you to get the cops. Did you fax CIC or do anything besides emailing them? I really need to get my copy ASAP. Don't know what I can do to expedite the process. Any hint would be nice. Thanks!

pawan_kumar

May 18, 2015
iamyyang said:
Hi, dobes. I noticed it took only 8 days for you to get the cops. Did you fax CIC or do anything besides emailing them? I really need to get my copy ASAP. Don't know what I can do to expedite the process. Any hint would be nice. Thanks!
Hi mates , Iam on 28 days, of waiting , my e cas changed to DM on 18 Aug. But no e-mail, CIC doesn't answer.

mtrx

Star Member
Aug 31, 2015
Saskatchewan
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-07-2015
AOR Received.
21-07-2015
Med's Done....
28-07-2015
Passport Req..
Oct 6
Joining this topic. 3 calls in 3 days and CIC agents won't disclose about DM.

iceberge

Jan 19, 2015
Toronto Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
INLAND OTTAWA
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2015
Nomination.....
ITA April 10
AOR Received.
AOR April 10
Passport Req..
Oct 13, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
November 2, 2015
LANDED..........
November 11, 2015
mtrx said:
Joining this topic. 3 calls in 3 days and CIC agents won't disclose about DM.
Not only disclose, I called 2 times Friday Sept 11 regarding DM they don't even give any clue. Its more stressful when status change in to DM.