CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY
Bachelor's degree (three years)

Based on:

Canadian Equivalency:
Bachelor's degree (three years) - one University
and
Canadian Equivalency:
Postgraduate diploma (one semester)

I'm wondering why I was given only Bachelor's degree even if my postgraduate diploma is evaluated as Canadian.
Does this result allow me to apply for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" under express entry?

Thank you!!

Dec 23, 2019
here are the results

I have received results from WES:

Based on:

Canadian Equivalency:
and
Canadian Equivalency:

I'm wondering why I was given only Bachelor's degree even if my postgraduate diploma is evaluated as Canadian.
Does this result allow me to apply for "Two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees" under express entry?

Thank you!!

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
here are the results

Based on:

Canadian Equivalency:
and
Canadian Equivalency:

Thank you!!
What was the postgraduate diploma course you took? And where did you take it?

Sudhakar92

Jul 20, 2018
here are the results

Based on:

Canadian Equivalency:
and
Canadian Equivalency:

Thank you!!

Hi - Could you please guide me like how did you send the reports to WES?

Did you send both the transcripts in separate post or Sent both of them together?

mike.a

Jan 13, 2020
Hi guys,

If we have a dual degree and our WES report shows that one bachelor's degree from Malaysia and another bachelor's degree from UK shows that its a dual degree course.

Since we get evaluation of two separate degrees, can we select two or more degrees for dual degrees?

Thanks

Jan 21, 2020
I have done 3 years bachelor degree BCom from bikaner University and 1 year post graduate diploma in banking and finance from manipal academy of higher education. Both are in Wes list of universities. Will it be equivalent to 2 or more degrees diplomas? Kindly help as Wes free tool doesn't have options to choose post graduate diploma. Wes free tool assessed my 3 yr bachelor as community college diploma 3 years.

KB54321

Jan 24, 2020
All who are confused about "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." points, the following information may help you to understand-

Many people's understanding of "two or more degree" points is not clear enough. People often get confused by the list provided under 1st section and ignore the other three sections below. People think only a minimum 3 years long bachelor's or diploma Plus a post graduate study can be counted but in real we can count any post secondary diploma or certificates (minimum 1 year) and a minimum 3 years degree or diploma to get points for "two or more...".

IRCC have changed the IT systems, now we cannot select "two or more degrees" anymore rather we have to insert all our degree or diplomas separately and the system will count the points automatically. If you do ECA on your educational credentials and get assessed as following any one of them then you will get points for "two or more.."

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Or
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma
  • College Diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diploma
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate Degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year associate degree

Or
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate

You will not get points for "two or more" if your ECA on diploma or certificates come as follows-

Secondary school (high school diploma)
ECA assessment results:
  • Secondary School Graduation
  • Secondary School Diploma
  • High School Equivalency Certificate
  • Certificate of High School Achievement
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • Grade 12 (high school completion)

An applicant will get points for "two or more..." if he/she has a minimum 3 years bachelors degree Plus any diploma-certificates under

1st section [which is post graduate] OR

2nd section [which is three years long degree, certificates or diplomas], OR

3rd section [which is two years long degree, certificates or diplomas] OR

4th section [which is one year long degree, certificates or diplomas].

Applicants will not be awarded points for "two or more.." if their diploma-certificate was evaluated as any one of them listed below-

ECA assessment results:
  • Certificate of High School Achievement [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
  • High School Diploma
  • High School Diploma [plus/including] [specialized/vocational/technical] training in X
Best way to know the outcome is to insert your credentials in EE profile according to the ECA report. You will see yourself the points awarded.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Thanks for this. Will a post graduate diploma count as two or more degrees even if it was for less than a year?

prabisahoo

Feb 9, 2020
Hi all ,

I just got me and my wife's ECA report from WES as follows :

Diploma (3 Years Mechancial Engg after 10th Std ) > Canadian Equivalency: Diploma (two years)
B.Tech (3 Years Mechancial Engg after Diploma) > Canadian Equivalency: Bachelor's degree (four years)

I have already made express entry profile , however we are getting less scores on Express Entry Profile compared to CRS score calculation tool , most probably because our qualification is not getting counted under 2 or more certificate category.

We have made separate entry for both Diploma and Bachelors and selected below options in express entry profile ,

For Diploma > 2 Year Program at a University , college , trade or technical school or other institute.
For Bachelors > Bachelors Degree or 3 Year Program at a University , college , trade or technical school or other institute.

Now, i seek guidance from all you experts for following ,

1) What option should i select under Diploma option so that our profile is considered under 2 or more certificate category.

2) Secondly should we really write to WES for considering Diploma under 3 year program classification. As i have already searched on many forums people with Diploma + BE / B Tech are getting Canadian Equivalency as Diploma 2 Years + Bachelors 4 Years.

I know its quite frustrating to raise same question over and over again in forum , but request you all to kindly guide. People with similar qualifications who have got PR via Express Entry / Consultants please help me with this dilemma !!

Thanking you all members ,

Yajuvendra
Hi, I'm in the same boat. I have a 3 years diploma from state board and 3 years btech from the University. Here my question is how you deal with the situation and what option you chose and how you got the transcripts of your diploma and validate it by eca through wes ?
Please need your suggestion.

VVK

Mar 7, 2020
Hi, Can anybody share the link of “Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees section” details from CIC website. I am not able to find it.
Please help. I need to check my eligibility. After 12th, I have 2 years of Diploma and 5 years of degree. Yet In my ECA, Canadian equivalence summary states as "Bachelor's Degree (four years)".

Please share think for the CIC website for Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees section.

Chrisjo5514

Mar 19, 2020
Hi all,

I have completed WES and the report shows 4 years Bachelors Degree Canadian equivalency.
I have two PG diploma from a Canadian college.
Now my question is which option should i select for calculating my crs

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees or Bachelor’s degree or other programs (three or more years) at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute ?

Jul 4, 2020
I am BE(4 years) graduate and I want to increase my CRS points by choosing 2 or more diploma, degree, certificates option. So, 1 Degree greater than 3 years is already there but for selecting that criteria I will need a diploma certificate or 6 month certification course certificate. I want to opt for 6 month distance learning certification course of Operations Management/Project Management from NMIMS,Mumbai,if it is accepted under this criteria.

Please help! under big confusion

unknownxdd

Jul 6, 2020
Hello, please I need a bit of clarification on this. I'm currently running a Post graduate certificate that has a minimum duration of 8 months with University of Essex, plus already have a 4 year Bachelors degree. Would the Post graduate certificate be evaluated together with my Bachelors as Two or more degrees. The reason for my question, is that the PG Cert is just for 8 months and not 1 year.
Hi Davidic. Is the Essex pg cert good enough for wes?! Really grateful if you let me know!

syedadilmoeen

Sep 5, 2020
All who are confused about "two or more certificates, diplomas or degrees..." points, the following information may help you to understand-

Many people's understanding of "two or more degree" points is not clear enough. People often get confused by the list provided under 1st section and ignore the other three sections below. People think only a minimum 3 years long bachelor's or diploma Plus a post graduate study can be counted but in real we can count any post secondary diploma or certificates (minimum 1 year) and a minimum 3 years degree or diploma to get points for "two or more...".

IRCC have changed the IT systems, now we cannot select "two or more degrees" anymore rather we have to insert all our degree or diplomas separately and the system will count the points automatically. If you do ECA on your educational credentials and get assessed as following any one of them then you will get points for "two or more.."

Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees.
Important notice:
One must be for a program of three or more years.

ECA assessment results:
A three-year or more certificate, diploma, or degree

PLUS
any of the results in the sections below (not including secondary/high school), or:
  • Post-Bachelor's Certificate
  • Post-undergraduate certificate
  • Post-Bachelor's Diploma
  • Post-undergraduate diploma
  • Graduate Certificate
  • Graduate Certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Postgraduate certificate
  • Postgraduate Diploma
  • Graduate Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Graduate diploma
  • two-year Postgraduate Diploma, specializing in [name of discipline]
  • two-year Bachelor’s after degree with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • one-year Postgraduate Certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Dual Bachelor’s degree (four years)
Or
Two-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Diploma
  • College Diploma (two years)
  • Diploma (two years)
  • Two-year diploma
  • Two-year diploma in [name of discipline]
  • Secondary school diploma and diploma (two years)
  • Associate Degree
  • Associate of [Arts/Science] degree
  • Post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year post-secondary Diploma with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • Two-year associate degree

Or
One-year degree, diploma or certificate from a program at a university, college, trade or technical school, or other institute

ECA assessment results:
  • College Certificate
  • Completion of College-level certificate
  • University Certificate
  • University Diploma
  • One-year certificate in [name of discipline]
  • Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year Post-secondary certificate with a focus in [area of concentration]
  • One-year certificate

You will not get points for "two or more" if your ECA on diploma or certificates come as follows-

ECA assessment results:
  • High School Diploma

An applicant will get points for "two or more..." if he/she has a minimum 3 years bachelors degree Plus any diploma-certificates under

1st section [which is post graduate] OR

2nd section [which is three years long degree, certificates or diplomas], OR

3rd section [which is two years long degree, certificates or diplomas] OR

4th section [which is one year long degree, certificates or diplomas].

Applicants will not be awarded points for "two or more.." if their diploma-certificate was evaluated as any one of them listed below-

ECA assessment results:
  • High School Diploma
Best way to know the outcome is to insert your credentials in EE profile according to the ECA report. You will see yourself the points awarded.

Hope it helps, Good Luck!

Hi, I have a question regarding 2 degrees , if you can help, so my bachelor after higher secondary is 2 years and then I have got Masters of 2 years,what will it be counted as?

syedadilmoeen

Sep 5, 2020
Hi All, can anyone help me in identifying, I have got 2 years bachelors after higher secondary and then I got 2 years master, what will it be counted as?