+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Report: Two or more diploma or degree option

YPW

Oct 14, 2018
Hi Guys,
Few questions about WES.

Background: In order to achieve more points I started a Masters degree program at Robert Gordon University UK, they have the option to stop the program halfway if needed. Ex after completing 4 subjects you would get a Postgraduate Certificate (6 months, 60 credits), completing 8 subjects gets you a Postgraduate diploma (1 year, 120 credits) or you can continue to do the masters (another 1 year, 240 credits ) they do issue transcripts when requested.

1: After completing 8 subjects, I have sent my Pg Diploma transcript for WES evaluation so that I could finish the MSC when the express entry process ends. Would that suffice (WES does the process without the certification correct ? )

2: When sending, the office admin has mentioned in the WES request forum "Not awarded yet as the student is currently in MSC project stage of this course" as an additional note (which I did not have control on) but the transcripts mentions "Eligible for PgDip with Distinction Proceed to MSc Project" . Would this become an issue?

adi_1230

Jul 4, 2019
Hi All

I have received the assessment as below
Bachelor's degree (four years) and a postgraduate diploma (one year)
Will I get the points under the head of two or more certificates/degrees/diplomas

Maruchan

Star Member
Oct 9, 2016
Hi All,

I have sent a query regarding this to WES and they reevaluated my credentials and issued a new report stating my summary as Diploma 2 Years and Bachelors Four Years. Now i can choose two or more option without any doubt.
Hello, Thanks for the info. But what exactly has changed in summary in your WES report? What change did you ask WES?
Thanks!

Rudransh2008

Oct 15, 2019
Dear,
ECA Summary report as bachelor's degree four year
I also got the assessment of my BSC and MSC degree:

BSC- Bachelor degree four year
MSC- one year Graduate study

Can i select the two or more diploma/degree option in my CIC express entry profile?

Rudransh2008

Oct 15, 2019
Dear,

CANADIAN EQUIVALENCY SUMMARY as bachelor's degree four year

I also got the assessment of my BSC and MSC degree:

BSC- Bachelor degree four year
MSC- one year Graduate study

Can i select the two or more diploma/degree option in my CIC express entry profile?

Riyadh Fasial

Oct 17, 2019
Dear Friend
Good Day.
I am from Bangladesh. I need your help to get clear information about ECA.

1. I have completed my Bachelor of Science (Computing and Information System) under London Metropolitan University. It was 3 years distance learning course and also received 2 diploma certificates for completing first 2 years before graduation.

2. Later I completed MBA (Marketing) from Bangladeshi Local university.

Do I need to do ECA for my MBA and Bachelor individually or master’s would be good enough?

Your guideline will be helpful to step ahead.
With Thanks
Riyadh

sunil.kaps

May 14, 2019
Dude you just made my day!!! You are the first person to respond to my query after all my previous attempts in various forums. Thanks for a detailed response. With that 'Two or more certificates' option, I will be awarded at least 30 more points, bringing it to 435 even after deducting 10 more points for age by the time i finish the course (435 is at least better and hopeful than my present score). So you suggest I go ahead with this Canadian course?
brother i want to ask very simple question to you: i have done my diploma, bachelor and masters and it is also mentioned in my ECA report, my present score is 443 (if i only count my points for master, because that is what it shows in CRS calculator), will i awared extra point for my bachelor or diploma? if yes how much? let me know if you know

thank you very much

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Hi There,

I am looking for some advice. It is urgent.

Recently, I have started my process for WES. I am doing evaluation for my Bachelor degree from India. It was a 3 year degree program.

Although The evaluation is in process but I am willing to add my one year certificate course as well into my WES credential. But unfortunately I can't add it as my account is not showing any edit or upgrading option because I have paid my fee and process has almost started for evaluation.

How can I add another credential into my WES ACCOUNT with the same reference number. Do I have to make a new account ?

I am very confused. Your help will be very much appreciable....

YPW

Oct 14, 2018
Hi There,

I am looking for some advice. It is urgent.

Recently, I have started my process for WES. I am doing evaluation for my Bachelor degree from India. It was a 3 year degree program.

Although The evaluation is in process but I am willing to add my one year certificate course as well into my WES credential. But unfortunately I can't add it as my account is not showing any edit or upgrading option because I have paid my fee and process has almost started for evaluation.

How can I add another credential into my WES ACCOUNT with the same reference number. Do I have to make a new account ?

I am very confused. Your help will be very much appreciable....
I actually tried this , I called them and tried to evalutae my updagraded post graduate diploma , when I called they said it's possible but when. The final result came it hasn't been processed . So I had to apply again after the results came through

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Do we need to send 2 separate reports for our EE profile or they (WES) can combine both credentials together and make it one ..???

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
I wanted to ask one more question...

I did Bachelor degree (3 years, India)
PG diploma (2year, Canada)

While calculating CRS can I put two or more certificate, diploma and degree option (in the highest level of education)

Please suggest.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
I wanted to ask one more question...

I did Bachelor degree (3 years, India)
PG diploma (2year, Canada)

While calculating CRS can I put two or more certificate, diploma and degree option (in the highest level of education)

Please suggest.
Hey there,

I will help you answering these questions
When your Bachelors degree evaluation is finished and you receive your report, you will have the option to upgrade your profile by adding new credential. You will then receive a new Reference number and you will have to send your PG Diploma to WES with the new reference number. Your Bachelors will be re-evaluated internally by WES for it to be added to your new report.

The second thing is, Yes, you can put two or more certificates as you have a 3 years bachelors degree and a 2 years diploma from Canada.

Thirdly, if your PG diploma was not online or distant learning, You may choose the option that you studied in Canada (it may increase your CRS score but I am not sure).

Best of luck

vmalik93

Star Member
Jul 12, 2019
Thank you so much for your feedback.

I was just thinking that do I need to send my PG Diploma (2 years, Canada) to WES for evaluation in order to be get entitled for "two or more degree, certificate or diploma" option while calculating CRS.

Please suggest.

abqalhamairi

Jun 23, 2019
Thank you so much for your feedback.

I was just thinking that do I need to send my PG Diploma (2 years, Canada) to WES for evaluation in order to be get entitled for "two or more degree, certificate or diploma" option while calculating CRS.

Please suggest.
As I told you earlier, yes. You will send your PG diploma by choosing adding new credential after your bachelors report is finished.

Sabbir Sadik

Dec 11, 2019
Hi!
In my ECA equivalency summary (by WES), it is mentioned "Bachelor's Degree (Three Years) and Bachelor's Degree (Four Years)".
Can I claim "Two or more certificates, diplomas, or degrees" in my express entry profile?