softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I am an MBA (FT) & BE from 2 different universities in India. I have few queries related to ECA process:

1. What is best option to get ECA done in India? WES?

2. What I understand that I need to send photocopy of MBA Degree & transcript for MBA to WES. I can also send photocopy of BE Degree & even photocopy of marksheets. Is transcript for BE also required?

3. Does universities in India handover transcripts to us in below manner, as asked by WES -
"If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination."
I don't want to rely on universities to send it directly to WES.

4. Is it mandatory to submit transcript for MBA? I have all the marksheets. Will photocopies of all the marksheets suffice in order to get ECA done?

chiyakam

Aug 23, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-10-2015
Doc's Request.
11-03-2016 (Sub: 29-03-2016)
AOR Received.
18-10-2015
Passport Req..
31-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
02-06-2016
LANDED..........
12-08-2016
softwaretesting said:
Hi,

I am an MBA (FT) & BE from 2 different universities in India. I have few queries related to ECA process:

1. What is best option to get ECA done in India? WES?

Yes - WES Canada.

2. What I understand that I need to send photocopy of MBA Degree & transcript for MBA to WES. I can also send photocopy of BE Degree & even photocopy of marksheets. Is transcript for BE also required?

Transcripts would be required. Photocopy of degrees would do. From what I know you will need to get both of them validated for claiming the points.

3. Does universities in India handover transcripts to us in below manner, as asked by WES -
"If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination."
I don't want to rely on universities to send it directly to WES.
Varies from university to university - but in my experience I haven't found them to directly mail the transcripts / degrees to WES. Best is to get the transcripts in their sealed envelope and then courier it by yourself.

4. Is it mandatory to submit transcript for MBA? I have all the marksheets. Will photocopies of all the marksheets suffice in order to get ECA done?

Marksheet photocopies won't be accepted. Get the transcripts for both degrees.
Hope it helps.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chiyakam said:
Hope it helps.
Thanks! So, a month to get transcripts & then another couple of weeks to get ECA done.

I am planning to create profile now & then update it when ECA is completed. Has anyone done so earlier? Could it negatively impact my application?

CanadaImmi2015

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Thanks! So, a month to get transcripts & then another couple of weeks to get ECA done.
Some Universities treat "transcripts" and "photocopies" differently. WES needs only photocopies to be stamped and signed, then placed in a sealed envelope by the University.

The process is time consuming, one of my Universities responded within a day and another took 5-6 weeks and needed someone to personally visit to deposit and collect the documents.

WES will take another 4 weeks after the documents have reached them to deliver the ECA.

softwaretesting said:
I am planning to create profile now & then update it when ECA is completed. Has anyone done so earlier? Could it negatively impact my application?
You can do that, but without ECA, your profile will be incomplete for FSW. So you can create the profile, and submit it later when you have the ECA and IELTS results with you.

CanadaImmi2015

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just noticed that you are in CEC category. In that case, you can submit the profile, but with lower points (assuming there are no PNP points) you'll find it difficult to land an ITA

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
CanadaImmi2015 said:
WES needs only photocopies to be stamped and signed, then placed in a sealed envelope by the University.
Is this correct? WES website mentioned transcript (although, I'm not sure about difference between transcript & copy of marksheets).

Another query - I'm assuming that university and/or WES needs only my final marksheets per semester & not the previous versions with a paper not clear ;). Any idea?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:
Is this correct? WES website mentioned transcript (although, I'm not sure about difference between transcript & copy of marksheets).

Another query - I'm assuming that university and/or WES needs only my final marksheets per semester & not the previous versions with a paper not clear ;). Any idea?
Transcripts are duplicate originals or photocopies of mark sheets which are certified as true by the issuing authority at your University and placed in a sealed envelope to be sent to WES. You can submit the final mark sheets per semester or even one consolidated mark sheet for the entire course if your University provides those.

CanadaImmi2015

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
softwaretesting said:

I had provided a "copy of the marksheets" to WES. However, this was an year back.

WES seems to have changed wordings on their website now, and mention "transcripts" specifically.
Some universities charge differently (higher) for issuing "transcripts" versus attesting photocopies. But since WES seems to be asking specifically for transcripts, you should get "transcripts" from University.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Transcripts are duplicate originals or photocopies of mark sheets which are certified as true by the issuing authority at your University and placed in a sealed envelope to be sent to WES. You can submit the final mark sheets per semester or even one consolidated mark sheet for the entire course if your University provides those.
I have marksheets for all 4 semesters of MBA. However, I only have final semester marksheet for BE. It contains individual marks for final semester subjects. It also has a summary of marks for previous semesters like below:

"20% weightage of III and IV Sem Exam XXX out of 360"

Will it suffice if I get transcript for this marksheet & send to WES along with transcripts of MBA semesters? Or do I need to get marksheets for all BE semesters from University & then get them transcripted?

knowAndShare

Star Member
Nov 19, 2015
softwaretesting said:
I have marksheets for all 4 semesters of MBA. However, I only have final semester marksheet for BE. It contains individual marks for final semester subjects. It also has a summary of marks for previous semesters like below:

"20% weightage of III and IV Sem Exam XXX out of 360"

Will it suffice if I get transcript for this marksheet & send to WES along with transcripts of MBA semesters? Or do I need to get marksheets for all BE semesters from University & then get them transcripted?
I am quite sure transcript for India is not mandatory, why, I have clarified below. Also I believe your final marksheet should also do, but please confirm with WES itself through email.
I am from India and I got my ECA in Sep. Well regarding the necessity for transcripts, I don't think they are mandatory. For India this is what WES Canada page says:
Required DocumentsHow to Send Documents
2. Annual Statement of Marks / Academic Transcript

An official document issued by the institution responsible for conducting the examinations (e.g. university, constituent or autonomous college). It lists all subjects/papers taken and marks earned for each year of study.

NOTES:
WES does not accept mark sheets that have been issued and/or attested by the college you attended unless from an autonomous or constituent college. To check whether your college has autonomous status click here.
Arrange for the documents to be sent directly to WES by the university or autonomous college responsible for conducting the examinations.

-OR-

If the document is given to you to forward to WES, it must be attested & dated and placed in an official sealed envelope that is signed or stamped across the back flap by the appropriate authentication officer at the institution that conducted the examination. If the envelope has been opened or there is no stamp or signature across the back flap, the document will not be accepted by WES.

NOTE:
WES only accepts documents attested and sealed by the designated official at the institution that conducted the examination (e.g. Controller of Examination or Registrar's Offices). Attestations by individual professors, officials at affiliated colleges, or external notary publics will not be accepted.

Download the academic records request form.
For my bachelors my university was taking longer to provide transcripts, so I only provided university's registrar attested copies of my marksheets and degree certificate in sealed envelope sealed and dated at the back of the envelope. One of my friend also provided only attested copies for both his bachelors and Masters. And things went smoothly.

swisswise

Jan 24, 2016
I have a question too on the same topic.
Do I need to float new application or pay extra fee to get Masters and Bachelors degree evaluation.
As according to their site, for masters eval they need Bachelors degree transcripts as well?

Can all this be done under same reference number?
does this mean once master is evaluated, it automatically evals the bachelors deg too?

Thanks

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
swisswise said:
I have a question too on the same topic.
Do I need to float new application or pay extra fee to get Masters and Bachelors degree evaluation.
As according to their site, for masters eval they need Bachelors degree transcripts as well?

Can all this be done under same reference number?
does this mean once master is evaluated, it automatically evals the bachelors deg too?

Thanks
Do it under the same reference as WES charges same fees regardless of how many qualifications they evaluate.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JoacRy said:
Do it under the same reference as WES charges same fees regardless of how many qualifications they evaluate.
I observed that your score is 486, however you are still awaiting ITA. I think cutoff for last draw was 450. Any specific reason why you have not received invitation?

jaya77

Jul 20, 2015
Hi All,

I have applied for WES - ECA evaluation with all the required documents and found below observation, Can anyone had similar problem and should i reach out to WES or Wait for the final report.
Note:
a) All My Education certificates have my name as eg: A.B.Rahane
b) My passport has
Given name as - Bimil Rahane
surname as - Andrew

1) I have applied WES with my name as mentioned in my passport (Complete name eg: Andrew Bimil Rahane)
2) Selected the Yes option where it asks for where your certificates has different name as mentioned above and indicated as A.B.Rahane
3) As proof i have submitted notarised Affadavit showing both the names are same.
4) I have also enclosed notarised copy of my Passport.

A) Till Few days back my name is displayed in WES as Andrew Bimil Rahane (the one which i created in WES while applying)
and status as Documents received - Review in Progress
B) Recently status has been updated to Evaluation in Progress and my name has been updated to A.B.,Rahane

My Question:

1) Why is my name updated to A.B.,Rahane does that mean they are not going to consider my affadavit and are not not going to issue my evalaution report as per my passport.
2) Why is my name having comma (,) next to B and before Rahane. Is it typing mistake or does this indicate anything.

swisswise

Jan 24, 2016
Thank you guys for answering. That was helpful.
I have few followup questions.

1. My spouse already has bachelors and masters degree transcripts given to him by the university. once we apply on WES, and get reference number, can we send those docs to WES office and put on the reference # on the envelope? Do we need to get a consent from them before doing so?

2. Since we are floating an application based on my spouses' profile and his credentials. Should I also get my ECA done for my masters? Is it mandatory. If not mandatory will it be a value add for the profile.?

Thanks