+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA from University of Toronto (CES)

owejin

Sep 12, 2020
Hi everyone,

I want to get my Masters degree (MCA-master of computer applications - 3 years country: India) evaluated from CES and want to get masters equivalency.

I have completed Masters from Jamia Hamdard University Delhi
I have completed Bachelors from University of Kashmir

Problems:
WES says it has masters equivalency. However, also states:
"For applicants submitting an Indian Master’s Degree or Postgraduate Diploma for evaluation, you must also provide your bachelor’s degree documents.WES cannot complete an evaluation without these documents. The only exceptions where your bachelor’s degree documents are not required are: Master of Education, Master of Engineering, Master of Philosophy, and Master of Technology. "

Now if I have to send them bachelors degree documents, I would have to reach to University of Kashmir. Which is next to impossible as I am outside India.

Question for CES:
1. Can I send only Masters degree for evaluation? and get master equivalency?
2. Attach Bachelors degree as a supporting document like other marksheets as a supporting document?

Thanks in advance for reading such long text

Mridulrajb1

Sep 15, 2020
Hi,
I've few doubts which i would like you to kindly clear.

1) I've recently graduated from a recognised university from India and i don't have the final degree certificate which will only be available after an year at the time of convocation.

I do have provisional degree certificate, so can i send my marksheet, transcript and provisional degree certificate for ECA evaluation?

2) I've done 3 years full-time bachelor's and 2 years of of master's which I've recently completed. So, do i need to send both or just master's degree is enough for ECA evaluation?

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi,
I've few doubts which i would like you to kindly clear.

1) I've recently graduated from a recognised university from India and i don't have the final degree certificate which will only be available after an year at the time of convocation.

I do have provisional degree certificate, so can i send my marksheet, transcript and provisional degree certificate for ECA evaluation?

2) I've done 3 years full-time bachelor's and 2 years of of master's which I've recently completed. So, do i need to send both or just master's degree is enough for ECA evaluation?
1. You can send provisional certificate also thats not a problem. You will need to send transcript for ECA, rest of documents can be uploaded online by softcopy.

2. You did not mentioned which organization you want to do ECA from. from my knowledge I know WES need both graduate and masters degree if you want to evaluate your masters. But for other organizations like iqas, ces, ices, they dont require your bachelor to evaluate masters.

Mridulrajb1

Sep 15, 2020
1. You can send provisional certificate also thats not a problem. You will need to send transcript for ECA, rest of documents can be uploaded online by softcopy.

2. You did not mentioned which organization you want to do ECA from. from my knowledge I know WES need both graduate and masters degree if you want to evaluate your masters. But for other organizations like iqas, ces, ices, they dont require your bachelor to evaluate masters.

Hi, thank you for your reply. My above question was for IQAS, ICES and CES. Do they all accept provisional degree or just CES? Also I'm looking forward for ECA from these, not from WES.

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
Hi, thank you for your reply. My above question was for IQAS, ICES and CES. Do they all accept provisional degree or just CES? Also I'm looking forward for ECA from these, not from WES.
I can only tell you about CES because I have sent my 2 year master degree to them last month. Not sure whether they accept provisional one. You need to check on their website.

Mridulrajb1

Sep 15, 2020
I can only tell you about CES because I have sent my 2 year master degree to them last month. Not sure whether they accept provisional one. You need to check on their website.
You just said in your previous reply that, we can send provisional one as well. Now why do you say, You dont know lol. Please clear things out

imansoor

Star Member
Sep 9, 2019
India
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
You just said in your previous reply that, we can send provisional one as well. Now why do you say, You dont know lol. Please clear things out
I said you can send provisional certificate to WES because that I have read on their website and for my wife we have sent provision certificate and again I am saying that was for only WES. Since I am not fully sure about other organization I dont want to give you false information.

Rest you can lol on whatever you want. Thank you!

Mridulrajb1

Sep 15, 2020
I said you can send provisional certificate to WES because that I have read on their website and for my wife we have sent provision certificate and again I am saying that was for only WES. Since I am not fully sure about other organization I dont want to give you false information.

Rest you can lol on whatever you want. Thank you!
This thread is about ECA from CES, so that's obvious I'll be asking question related to CES. Everyone knows WES accepts Provisional

lmegha12

Jan 29, 2020
Hey! Have you received a response as of now or is it still awaited, do let us know ASAP. Thanks.
Hello, I've been away from this blog and just seeing this now. They didnt change their mind and i have already started evaluation with IQAS. If there is any lawyer from Nigeria looking to evaluate with CES to enable them score professional degree points, i advice you be patient with IQAS.

matrixreloded

Star Member
Apr 19, 2016
Regarding CES,
I had sent paper transcripts and they reached CES on 17th march.
After continuous mails finally yesterday i got an email stating transcripts are accepted and are being processed.
Should I estimate 15 weeks from yesterday?
Anybody here has the time line like, after transcripts are accepted how many days it took for you to get final result?

Rajat bamal

Jan 27, 2019
Finally someone who's using CES to get their Indian LL.B. assessed. Dude, please let us know ASAP about your assessment results. Trust me, countless LL.B. holders wanna choose CES over IQAS because of the long wait time, but no one seems to find any affirmative information as to the result of the equivalency assessment. Let us know bro. Thanks.
Hey, I am still waiting for the report for my BALLB degree; on 20th August I got 4 steps green ticked. Although, my friend got her results from CES for same course and it was mentioned as professional course.

Fantastica

Star Member
Sep 18, 2019
Yes, it was for immigration.
Continuing Education Certificate from a recognised university, college or institute of technology is exactly what my report outcome states. Official program length says 1 year.

So I think that should fall under 1 Year program at a University, College, trade or technical school, or other Institute.
What do you think?
Update: For future reference, I claimed points for my "Continuing Education Certificate" without issues. VO accepted it.