+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Spouse under Express Entry

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
The earlier you start the immigration process...the better. You can make your profile and add your partner as accompanying...you simply add them as a civil partner...but they would need proof for that.
You can add your partner in to your application during the process - after ita - too, but it will take time then as they will need to look at your partner's documents too and that will prolong the processing.

The best would be to register your marriage (nikkah) or whatever and then create the profile as a married person...so you will both send your documents together.

Thnx for your reply...so it means either we need to register our marriage before creating the ED profile....or is it possible ki currently I can create my profile as single and later on change the marital status after v register our marriage?? But what if I get an invitation before that...then how can I add my spouse if we wnt to get the PR together??

Rochak007

Jun 20, 2018
Hello..

Yes you can submit Express entry profile now (with spouse education secondary education or none) and later you can update after she got ECA. There will be improved score(10 points) after this changes.

Benefits:
# If there is any PNP announcement during this waiting period, you can grab this opportunity to apply. Otherwise you may have to miss it!
# If your score is the cutoff during draw. Earlier registered profile gets the priority to issue ITA.

cons:
# 1 year validity ends soon (it is not so important as you can create profile again)

In my opinion, you should submit EE ASAP after you received your ECA and IELTS results. Don't wait for your spouse ECA/IELTS. Later the profile can be modified.
Hello!
I too am planning to skip spouse's ECA as even if I claim 0 points for her education, I am at 456 CRS score. But, need to ask one this, what to choose in the EE profile for her education. Shall, I choose "None, or lower than high school" and move on?
And if I get the ITA with her education not added, will this have any effect on my post-ITA procedures or finding a job post landing?

Thanks!

utpal23

Nov 12, 2018
Hello,I am utpal, I am co applicant in our Express Entry. I have not completed Graudation (Just completed 2nd year of Computer science). So Will I need to do ECA? My Wife's degrees are already done from WES.

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Hello!
I too am planning to skip spouse's ECA as even if I claim 0 points for her education, I am at 456 CRS score. But, need to ask one this, what to choose in the EE profile for her education. Shall, I choose "None, or lower than high school" and move on?
And if I get the ITA with her education not added, will this have any effect on my post-ITA procedures or finding a job post landing?

Thanks!

Hi, I am facing the same dilemma.. can you guide me how did you proceed?

subhshiv1086

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Hi, I am facing the same dilemma.. can you guide me how did you proceed?
Hello Ramya, did you get the answer to the question? I have same issue, I don't want to claim points for my spouse and hence not sure should I use none while creating EE profile for the education? and i choose none at later stage what can be repercussions?

ramya priya

Jan 19, 2019
Hello Ramya, did you get the answer to the question? I have same issue, I don't want to claim points for my spouse and hence not sure should I use none while creating EE profile for the education? and i choose none at later stage what can be repercussions?
Hi, we can do that and explain about the same in LOE that you've selected none since you don't want to claim any points for your spouse's education.