Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
13-06-2017
IELTS Request
13-05-2017
Hello,

I have more than required points for Express Entry without adding spouse ielts and education. I know it is not mandatory to input spouse IELTS and education.
But do you guys think it affects the decision at all if i do not input spouse education and language test?
You don't required in case if you already have 450+ CRS points,

Kishan50

Star Member
Jul 31, 2017
Hey guys,

I have a question. My wife did not change her name after we got married. She is still keeping her last name and everything.

We've requested our criminal/background check from back home and on her criminal check they automatically included her last name as my last name and in bracket they wrote ''Born >Her LastName<''. I think back in my country they automatically write your last name to the husband's last name once you get married.

When I did the application, they asked if she is using any other names, I said ''No''. Will there be an issue because of that?

Please advise.

aarunpersis

Aug 20, 2017
India
Dear Experts

Me and my spouse are planning to immigrate to Canada through the express entry.
Me and my wife's ILETS is cleared with 7.5 Bands and my ECA is cleared with equivalency to Masters Degree.
ECA for my wife is yet to be done.
Can you please suggest that whether I can create and submit my Express entry application and later update her ECA.
As we both have done similar Masters Degree and Graduation, should I submit my application and later update her ECA?
Is it possible and how much score would it fetch?

nickbrewin

Aug 21, 2017
Hey guys, I am going to apply for the FSW program soon. My partner is a Canadian citizen but currently living with me in the UK. Would I get adaptability points for her, even though she's not technically immigrating with me as she is already a citizen? There doesn't seem to be anything written down about this?

Cheers in advance!

hlgoyal

Jul 5, 2017
Dear Experts

Me and my wife's ILETS is cleared with 7.5 Bands and my ECA is cleared with equivalency to Masters Degree.
Can you please suggest that whether I can create and submit my Express entry application and later update her ECA.
As we both have done similar Masters Degree and Graduation, should I submit my application and later update her ECA?
Hi Arun, I am also searching answer for same question. Any updates you have?

Reactions: aarunpersis

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Dear Experts

Hello..

Yes you can submit Express entry profile now (with spouse education secondary education or none) and later you can update after she got ECA. There will be improved score(10 points) after this changes.

Benefits:
# If there is any PNP announcement during this waiting period, you can grab this opportunity to apply. Otherwise you may have to miss it!
# If your score is the cutoff during draw. Earlier registered profile gets the priority to issue ITA.

cons:
# 1 year validity ends soon (it is not so important as you can create profile again)

In my opinion, you should submit EE ASAP after you received your ECA and IELTS results. Don't wait for your spouse ECA/IELTS. Later the profile can be modified.

Last edited:

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hi Arun, I am also searching answer for same question. Any updates you have?
Hello..

Yes you can submit Express entry profile now (with spouse education secondary education or none) and later you can update after she got ECA. There will be improved score(Spouse education; Masters=10, Bachelor=8 points) after this changes.

Benefits:
# If there is any PNP announcement during this waiting period, you can grab this opportunity to apply. Otherwise you may have to miss it!
# If your score is the cutoff during draw. Earlier registered profile gets the priority to issue ITA.

cons:
# 1 year validity ends soon (it is not so important as you can create profile again)

In my opinion, you should submit EE ASAP after you received your ECA and IELTS results. Don't wait for your spouse ECA/IELTS. Later, it can be added.

Last edited:

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hey guys, I am going to apply for the FSW program soon. My partner is a Canadian citizen but currently living with me in the UK. Would I get adaptability points for her, even though she's not technically immigrating with me as she is already a citizen? There doesn't seem to be anything written down about this?

Cheers in advance!
If your partner is a Canadian, there are other options in the EE PR. She can sponsor PR for you. Details...
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/index.asp

In FSW, you will get some extra points on Canadian partner for sure.

Last edited:

peace365

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Hello..

Yes you can submit Express entry profile now (with spouse education secondary education or none) and later you can update after she got ECA. There will be improved score(Spouse education; Masters=10, Bachelor=8 points) after this changes.

Benefits:

cons:

In my opinion, you should submit EE ASAP after you received your ECA and IELTS results. Don't wait for your spouse ECA/IELTS. Later, it can be added.

Hello sarandsp,
Thanks for the info. I have a question for you..
My spouse has done a degree in Engineering and I don't want to claim points for the education. Is it okay if I mention 'spouse education secondary education or none?'

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Hello sarandsp,
Thanks for the info. I have a question for you..
My spouse has done a degree in Engineering and I don't want to claim points for the education. Is it okay if I mention 'spouse education secondary education or none?'

You have to calculate your eligibility points and CRS score without her education. If it is sufficient, you can proceed. But you will lose 8 CRS points.

Submit an application without her education. If you want to improve score, you can do ECA of her degree certificate further.

peace365

Star Member
May 22, 2014
You have to calculate your eligibility points and CRS score without her education. If it is sufficient, you can proceed. But you will lose 8 CRS points.

Submit an application without her education. If you want to improve score, you can do ECA of her degree certificate further.
Thanks sarandsp for your reply.
'Submit an application without her education', what I understand from that is, it is ok to check the option 'spouse education secondary education or none' (though she is a graduate) and proceed further. Am I right?

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Thanks sarandsp for your reply.
'Submit an application without her education', what I understand from that is, it is ok to check the option 'spouse education secondary education or none' (though she is a graduate) and proceed further. Am I right?
Yes. Secondary education must be chosen though she is a graduate. If you mention as graduate, then you must have to produce ECA document details. This is all because you don't want to claim points on her education. Later stage after you get ITA or PNP, you can attach a letter of explanation about these stories(She is graduated. No need of points so didn't do ECA and stuffs).

peace365

Star Member
May 22, 2014
Yes. Secondary education must be chosen though she is a graduate. If you mention as graduate, then you must have to produce ECA document details. This is all because you don't want to claim points on her education. Later stage after you get ITA or PNP, you can attach a letter of explanation about these stories(She is graduated. No need of points so didn't do ECA and stuffs).
Thanks sarandsp! Much appreciated..

Akh159

Aug 28, 2017
1&2) Yes. ECA for spouse is not required but will give you extra points. Both degrees can be assessed at the same time with one fee payment. Make sure you ask WES to assess both degrees otherwise they only do it for the highest degree.

3)Use the current name (the married name).
Does ECA report for spouse give total 18 points to primary applicant i.e. 10 for masters and 8 for bachelor's degree, is this correct?

hamgha

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-07-2017
Nomination.....
12-04-2017
IELTS Request
21-01-2017
Med's Done....
25-04-2017
Does ECA report for spouse give total 18 points to primary applicant i.e. 10 for masters and 8 for bachelor's degree, is this correct?
no you get points for the highest level, no cumulative points