+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for Spouse under Express Entry

sarandsp

Star Member
May 18, 2017
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
31-05-2017
Does ECA report for spouse give total 18 points to primary applicant i.e. 10 for masters and 8 for bachelor's degree, is this correct?
Based on spouse education, you can yield 0~10 points. (If highest degree is Bachelor, 8 points. If highest degree is masters, then 10 points).
Spouse IELTS score may give you 0~20 points

Oct 1, 2017
Hi,

I have done my IRR under FSW (engineering job) for express entry and scored 66/67.. If I make ECA does this will help me in scoring above 67 for further process of express entry?

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,

I have done my IRR under FSW (engineering job) for express entry and scored 66/67.. If I make ECA does this will help me in scoring above 67 for further process of express entry?
No fsw eligibility and express entry are two different scoring . Only if u qualify with 67 on fsw, the system will consider you eligible to create an EE profile. What's the breakup of 66?

Oct 1, 2017
No fsw eligibility and express entry are two different scoring . Only if u qualify with 67 on fsw, the system will consider you eligible to create an EE profile. What's the breakup of 66?
Hi,

Please see below my score breakup

S.No Factor Maximum Points Your Score Your Attribute
1 Education 25 - 15

Diploma - Electrical And Electronics Engineering - Board Of Technical Education (bte) - May 2008 - Full Time (3 years) ***Education claimed is to be assesses by one of the following assessment bodies and obtain a equivalency of academics against Canadian education. 1. Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies(CES). 2. International Credential Assessment Service of Canada(ICAS). 3. World Education Services(WES). The Assessment fee would range from Approx C$ 220 to C$ 450 depending upon the required time frame for the Assessment. Note: Qualification Assessment is Subjected to ECA ***

2 Work Experience 15 15, Profile not meeting 67 points after allotting maximum points in IELTS and experience.
3 Second Official Language 4- 0
4 Age 12 12 -30 years
5 Adaptability 10 -0
6 Arranged Employment 10 -0
7 English Language Ability 24- 24

Total 100 - 66

mapleleaf987

Jun 29, 2017
Hi,

Please see below my score breakup

S.No Factor Maximum Points Your Score Your Attribute
1 Education 25 - 15

Diploma - Electrical And Electronics Engineering - Board Of Technical Education (bte) - May 2008 - Full Time (3 years) ***Education claimed is to be assesses by one of the following assessment bodies and obtain a equivalency of academics against Canadian education. 1. Comparative Education Service – University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies(CES). 2. International Credential Assessment Service of Canada(ICAS). 3. World Education Services(WES). The Assessment fee would range from Approx C$ 220 to C$ 450 depending upon the required time frame for the Assessment. Note: Qualification Assessment is Subjected to ECA ***

2 Work Experience 15 15, Profile not meeting 67 points after allotting maximum points in IELTS and experience.
3 Second Official Language 4- 0
4 Age 12 12 -30 years
5 Adaptability 10 -0
6 Arranged Employment 10 -0
7 English Language Ability 24- 24

Total 100 - 66
How did u get 15 of 25 in education? It should ideally be 21 for a three year course http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/apply-factors.asp

Off course that is dependant on the ECA you get. Did u try doing a degree equivalency on Wes website ?

dnesh0166

Star Member
Aug 23, 2017
I want to apply for ECA for canada immigration along with my spouse. For getting more marks I want ECA of my spouse to get done by WES.

The problem is that my spouse education documents are in her prior marriage surname and after marriage her surname is changed which is updated in passport, pan card ,aadhar card and bank accounts.

Will There be any problem if I put her after marriage surname in profile creation data whereas documents will be in her prior marriage surname.

Please guide.

Thanks

aarunpersis

Aug 20, 2017
India
Hello..

Yes you can submit Express entry profile now (with spouse education secondary education or none) and later you can update after she got ECA. There will be improved score(10 points) after this changes.

Benefits:
# If there is any PNP announcement during this waiting period, you can grab this opportunity to apply. Otherwise you may have to miss it!
# If your score is the cutoff during draw. Earlier registered profile gets the priority to issue ITA.

cons:
# 1 year validity ends soon (it is not so important as you can create profile again)

In my opinion, you should submit EE ASAP after you received your ECA and IELTS results. Don't wait for your spouse ECA/IELTS. Later the profile can be modified.
Hi
Thanks for your earlier response.
My wife has her Graduation done from the same university as mine so i am pretty sure that its Canadian equivalency would be same. Her Masters is from a university by the name Sikkin Manipal University of which WES does not do ECA whereas ICAS does it. What would you suggest going for ICAS togetther for both the credentials or shall i go for her Graduation ECA first as WES is quick and later simultaneously get it done from ICAS and wait for it?
Also is there any other better Agency to get the same done?

pss2125

Nov 26, 2017
Hello,

I am applying EE with spouse.

Do I need to create 2 WES Id, one for myself and spouse.

Or can I just create single wes id and send mine and spouse transcript using same wes id?

Thanks

Najeeb@123

Feb 27, 2018
Regarding WES assessment with spouse, one have to file application separately or both can get their assessment in a single application.
Thanks.

yamaha.rx135

Oct 5, 2017
India
Express Entry: Ten Misconceptions

Misconception #1: Anybody can enter the Express Entry pool.
Truth: Candidates eligible to immigrate to Canada under a federal economic immigration program may enter the pool.

Misconception #2: You need a job offer to immigrate to Canada through Express Entry.
Truth: A job offer is not required, but it certainly won’t hurt.

Misconception #3: Express Entry is the only way to immigrate to Canada as an economic immigrant.
Truth: Express Entry will facilitate the immigration of most economic migrants, but provinces will still be able to select a certain allocation of immigrants outside the Express Entry system.

Misconception #4: The eligible occupations list for the Federal Skilled Worker Program will continue under Express Entry.
Truth: There will be no eligible occupations list as of January 1, 2015.

Misconception #5: Sitting and passing a language test will not be required in order to enter the Express Entry pool.
Truth: Candidates must have passed a standardised language test recognised by the government of Canada in either English or French before they may enter the pool.

Misconception #6: When a candidate is issued an invitation to apply for Canadian permanent residence, he or she is likely to have enough time to begin gathering supporting documents and submit an application in time.
Truth: Candidates who only begin to gather supporting documents after being issued an invitation to apply may struggle to submit a complete application within the 60-day deadline.

Misconception #7: Candidates will know for certain how many points they will need under the Comprehensive Ranking System in order to be issued an invitation to apply.
Truth: Candidates will know their Comprehensive Ranking System points total and the government of Canada has said that candidates will know what the points threshold was for the most recent draw. However, candidates will not know their specific ranking nor how many points may be required for the next draw.

Misconception #8: Once an Express Entry profile has been created, it cannot be changed, regardless of whether a candidate improves his or her points.
Truth: Candidates can update their profiles while in the Express Entry pool.

Misconception #9: Candidates can enter the Express Entry pool by giving false information and, if subsequently issued an invitation to apply, immigrate to Canada.
Truth: Misrepresentation will be caught and will carry stern penalties.

Misconception #10: Express Entry will be a seamless, easy process.
Truth: The government of Canada is reviewing applications more rigorously than ever, and candidates will have to provide a lot of supporting documentation that meets the standards set by CIC.

For more information/clarifications please read this original Post: http://www.cicnews.com/2014/12/express-entry-ten-misconceptions-124283.html
Hi Palakpatel911,
I have got a problem now!! And I seek your help/advice in this matter.
My wife was not interested in coming to Canada. But I forced her because I heard people saying, "it becomes difficult to process for spouse after landing in Canada, if its not done in the initial stage along with main applicant".
I have submitted my EE application along with spouse details (spouse's ECA not done since transcripts have not yet been received). Our total CRS score after wife's ECA will be 444 yet it is 434 in EE profile at the moment. Anyway transcripts will be received as on 26th March 2018. Considering courier & ECA timeline it will be another month. So I shall get ECA report by mid May (considering worst case scenario). My age is 33 yrs now and on 25th June I will be 34 (and will loose 5 points).
Now on the other hand, if I remove my spouse, my score alone is 443 as per CRS tool.
My question is:
1. I am loosing on time. Can I remove my spouse from submitted EE application and re-submit again for single applicant? This way I will have more chances to get into cut-off score que.
2. My wife will not be coming to stay there as of now for 2-3 years, but she will join me after that. So if I remove her and apply for my application alone, will there be any problem in future to process for her?
3. What other problem/issue I might face?

Please guide me.

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
Hi, I have a question, me and my fiance are planning to apply for canada’s PR under express entry. I will be the primary applicant and he will be the secondary applicant. We are not married yet and had planned to register are marriage after getting an invitation. So, if while creating my EE profile and mention the marital status as married however get our marriage registered after that, so will it be considered as false information??currently I have all the required score to create the profile so dont want to delay it as the marriage registeration will take sometime. Please suggest if this could lead to some issue?

SoniaJav

Star Member
Sep 19, 2014
This is a no brainer!
You will be providing false information. Mot only that - once you say...you are married...you have to upload proof of marriage...which are the marriage registration documents etc. And your points are calculated that way.
If you can not provide proof...cant proceed forward.
There are other options...partnera...civil partners etc.

Hi, I have a question, me and my fiance are planning to apply for canada’s PR under express entry. I will be the primary applicant and he will be the secondary applicant. We are not married yet and had planned to register are marriage after getting an invitation. So, if while creating my EE profile and mention the marital status as married however get our marriage registered after that, so will it be considered as false information??currently I have all the required score to create the profile so dont want to delay it as the marriage registeration will take sometime. Please suggest if this could lead to some issue?

Chinky16

Mar 10, 2018
This is a no brainer!
You will be providing false information. Mot only that - once you say...you are married...you have to upload proof of marriage...which are the marriage registration documents etc. And your points are calculated that way.
If you can not provide proof...cant proceed forward.
There are other options...partnera...civil partners etc.
Thnx for your reply...so it means either we need to register our marriage before creating the ED profile....or is it possible ki currently I can create my profile as single and later on change the marital status after v register our marriage?? But what if I get an invitation before that...then how can I add my spouse if we wnt to get the PR together??