+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA for ACCA qualification required in case of MSc

razahshah

Jan 3, 2019
Hi,

I am an ACCA member, having recently completed my MSc in Professional Accountancy from the University of London. I want to know if I need to get ECA done for my ACCA qualification as my MSc used my ACCA for part of the credits.

razahshah

Jan 3, 2019
Send both to WES, they'll either provide assessment for masters or Two or more.
So should I send two credentials (one ACCA and one MSc) as part of my ECA to WES?
As I understand they charge separately for each credential being assessed.

jazy3313

Star Member
May 4, 2017
No they don't separately for each credential. You will have to create a profile and select ECA application for IRCC.
You will enter all your educational credential and the cost for entire package is 200 CAD.

https://applications.wes.org/createaccount

For ACCA, you'll ask them to send your transcript and letter of good standing to WES with your reference number, which you will get after paying WES fee.

MA khawaja

Jun 24, 2017
No they don't separately for each credential. You will have to create a profile and select ECA application for IRCC.
You will enter all your educational credential and the cost for entire package is 200 CAD.

https://applications.wes.org/createaccount

For ACCA, you'll ask them to send your transcript and letter of good standing to WES with your reference number, which you will get after paying WES fee.
I am also planning to start MSC in coming session for the same reason. I am ACCA member

Aye Chan Pyae

Jun 14, 2020
Hi,

I am an ACCA member, having recently completed my MSc in Professional Accountancy from the University of London. I want to know if I need to get ECA done for my ACCA qualification as my MSc used my ACCA for part of the credits.
Did you send your credentials? How is the grading? Is it acceptable as Master? Many thanks for your reply.

binjay

Star Member
Apr 27, 2018
hi guys,

I have also enrolled myself in Msc for the session of July to Dec 2020. I would like to know if this will fulfil the degree requirement needed for the MRA between ACCA and CPA? Has anyone gotten the CPA membership based on this degree, without having a Bachelors degree?

Umer717

Sep 12, 2020
hi guys,

I have also enrolled myself in Msc for the session of July to Dec 2020. I would like to know if this will fulfil the degree requirement needed for the MRA between ACCA and CPA? Has anyone gotten the CPA membership based on this degree, without having a Bachelors degree?
Any update?

Aspirant579

Feb 20, 2021
Hello Accountants,
What about the ECA for immigration purpose (not MRA), do WES/others recognize it as 1-year Masters (MSc in professional accountancy from university of London after ACCA).
Couldn't find any authentic info on this, appreciate if anyone can share his/her experience.

Regards,

Last edited:

Zoezeyara

Apr 16, 2021
Hello Accountants,
What about the ECA for immigration purpose (not MRA), do WES/others recognize it as 1-year Masters (MSc in professional accountancy from university of London after ACCA).
Couldn't find any authentic info on this, appreciate if anyone can share his/her experience.

Regards,
Any update?