+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Evaluation

luisalbert

Star Member
May 28, 2017
sri lanka
Hi, I took the advice of mr.preetsingh above and sent my transcripts to IQAS (not ICES - he felt this would be more suitable in my case). Although my documents had been received at their office about a month ago I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I suppose the delay is coz of the volume of mails they must receive.

I will post an update once I hear from them.
thanks

Hemmy

Nov 4, 2018
Hi Fellow Members,

I have completed my BTECH from PTU in Electronics and have a MBA degree In finance from LPU. I checked in WES and dont see LPU as a recognized university.

I read a lot of forums and got to know, that IQAS is recognizing LPU. So i have multiple questions:-

1. Should i go for ECA from IQAS?
2. Will i need transcripts for BTech as well MBA?
3. Can i obtain the transcripts of both and send them to IQAS on my own, or i need to ask the University to do the same?
4. Estimated time of evaluation
Did you sent your transcripts to IQAS? Even I have done my BTECH from PTU..so in a dilemma to go for IQAS or some other agency.

SabrinaSA13

Aug 13, 2015
Hi, Could someone help me with these concerns:

I have 3 questions:

have a MA degree from distance education in the US (online degree accredited by DEAC, ICHEA, US Education Dept and US State Dept). I had sent my degree and transcripts to WES for course-by-course evaluation (for work purposes, not immigration) in March 2018.

WES report says it is a '1 year degree from an unrecognized institute' because the DEAC and ICHEA in the US are not one of the 6 regional accrediting bodies that WES recognizes.

Now that I'm planning to go for immigration to Canada, I wonder
1) if I should have my ECA done by IQAS or ICES. Does anyone know if my MA degree will be acceptable there?

2) I have a bachelor's degree from Lucknow University. They are the slowest in sending transcripts or may not send AT ALL. Is there any agency in India that can help me with this process of getting Lucknow Univ to send transcripts safely for ECA?

3) Is it all right to have ECA done for MA and for BSc from two different evaluating agencies? ONe from WES and one from IQAS? Will that be a problem for the immigration authorities?

Please help. I look forward to your replies.

Update on my ECA with IQAS:

Sent my transcripts and degree: Sept. 13, 2018
Delivered by courier to IQAS: Sept. 18
Confirmation email from IQAS: Oct. 17

Univ sent documents to IQAS: Sept. 22, 2018
Delivered by courier to IQAS: Sept. 25
Confirmation email from IQAS: Oct. 31

I am now waiting with bated breath for the results. Mr.preetsingh (above) has said that it might take 8 weeks from now. Based on that, it should be sometime in late December of this year or early January 2019.

Reactions: Hemmy

Hemmy

Nov 4, 2018
Can you please help sending me the IQAS application form link.
The Alberta website that explains how to apply do not have the link to direct to the application form.

SabrinaSA13

Aug 13, 2015
Can you please help sending me the IQAS application form link.
The Alberta website that explains how to apply do not have the link to direct to the application form.
This link is for the IQAS ECA for immigration purposes.
https://www.alberta.ca/iqas-immigration-apply.aspx

You can read all the steps involved in the process for ECA on this page. At the end of 'Step 5', you'll have to click the button 'Start Your Application' and then follow the steps. Hope this helps. Good luck!

Nov 9, 2018
Hello Friends, I am looking forward to have my ECA via IQAS, Can anyone please suggest as i have MCA and MBA both Degree from SMU so should i request transcript for both MCA and MBA and send it to IQAS , so do i need to choose any one out of it or its better to send both to IQAS.

gdeep1990

Feb 28, 2017
Hi all,

I have done engg diploma from LPU and got lateral entry in third semester of btech.Now i have dmc’s from third semester as i was exempted from first year.Do i need to sent transcripts for my diploma as well to evauluate my degree?

Please advise..
Regards

s_himani

May 8, 2019
Thanks a lot sir. One catch more I have got lateral entry in msc it in LPU.Will that cause any problem while getting it evaluated from IQAS.And in lateral entry case too only MSC transcripts would suffice.
a Hi Deepti, I have the exact same query, bachelor's+ msc it(3rd sem with laterak entry). Could you please tell me, if yiu have done with yiur evulation, please tell me what is the result you recieved ??

s_himani

May 8, 2019
Did you give exams for all semesters or due to lateral entry, you got exempted from one semester?

If you have appeared in all semesters like other regular students, then its fine. IQAS will accept it. Else, you will have to share previous education transcripts means Bachelors as well.
Hi Preet, I also have the Bachelor's of 3 yrs (BCA) & then moved directly in the 3 rd semester of Msc It as per the lateral entry program.
Now I have 3 yrs of Bachelor's, along with 1 yr of Post graduation Msc It. It seems like I will also get 4 yrs of Bachelor If I go with WES.

Can you please suggest what will be the highest education evaluation I get, if ??I send it to IQAS/ICES

s_himani

May 8, 2019
I was exempted from 1st and second semester.But I do have BTECH evaluation report from WES.Can I share that with IQAS to show my BTECH degree.
Hi Deepti, I also have the Bachelor's of 3 yrs (BCA) & then moved directly in the 3 rd semester of Msc It as per the lateral entry program.
Now I have 3 yrs of Bachelor's, along with 1 yr of Post graduation Msc It. It seems like I will also get 4 yrs of Bachelor If I go with WES.

Can you please share, have you done with your evaluation for Masters? or any update ?? I am eagerly waiting for your reply.

junkproof

May 9, 2020
In that case, send your B.Tech and Msc transcripts together to IQAS. You will definitely get Masters ECA.
Hello @mr.preetsingh ,

Sir I am in the same boat. I have Btech degree (from PTU validated by WES) and the same lateral entry degree from LPU. I am not sure how to send them together because IQAS only accept the transcripts sent directly from universities.

Am I suppose to send both of the transcripts from PTU and LPU separately with same reference number to IQAS?

Or shall I post the transcripts first to my home address and there I shall combine them in one single package and then mail them to IQAS?

Which do you suggest would be more appropriate in this case considering I got exempted from 1st two semesters?

Kajal Satija

Oct 7, 2020
Hi everyone,
I've done BTECH in CSE from PTU regular and is thinking to do msc IT distance as lateral entry in LPU. Does IQAS evaluates my education equivalent to candian Masters.
Please guide its urgent..