+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA Evaluation

Jul 11, 2018
Hi Fellow Members,

I have completed my BTECH from PTU in Electronics and have a MBA degree In finance from LPU. I checked in WES and dont see LPU as a recognized university.

I read a lot of forums and got to know, that IQAS is recognizing LPU. So i have multiple questions:-

1. Should i go for ECA from IQAS?
2. Will i need transcripts for BTech as well MBA?
3. Can i obtain the transcripts of both and send them to IQAS on my own, or i need to ask the University to do the same?
4. Estimated time of evaluation

pierrekiprov

Star Member
Apr 23, 2018
Hi Fellow Members,

I have completed my BTECH from PTU in Electronics and have a MBA degree In finance from LPU. I checked in WES and dont see LPU as a recognized university.

I read a lot of forums and got to know, that IQAS is recognizing LPU. So i have multiple questions:-

3. Can i obtain the transcripts of both and send them to IQAS on my own, or i need to ask the University to do the same?
Hi,
The evaluation process is a real pain in the ass for sure.
If WES has recognized your Bachelors in Electronics from PTU, you should send your degree to them.

Regarding your 4 questions:

1. For your MBA degree from LPU, you can also check with University of Toronto but keep in mind that their report takes much longer - around 10 working weeks if I'm not mistaken.
2. Transcripts are mandatory for all degrees, so you need to obtain them from both institutions - ask your university to prepare and send them in a sealed envelope with signature and stamp, or you can ask them to put the transcripts in the envelope, seal it, stamp it and you can send it yourself. Just keep in mind that the sender has to be your institution on the envelope, it won't be a problem if you send them yourself.
3. Same answer as Nr.2
4. The evaluation process takes much longer from the other institutions. University of Toronto - 10 working weeks as mentioned above, IQAS - I think it's 10-15 working week if I'm not mistaken. So far WES is the best option as they process your document for no more than a month.

Jul 11, 2018
Hi,
The evaluation process is a real pain in the ass for sure.
If WES has recognized your Bachelors in Electronics from PTU, you should send your degree to them.

Regarding your 4 questions:

1. For your MBA degree from LPU, you can also check with University of Toronto but keep in mind that their report takes much longer - around 10 working weeks if I'm not mistaken.
2. Transcripts are mandatory for all degrees, so you need to obtain them from both institutions - ask your university to prepare and send them in a sealed envelope with signature and stamp, or you can ask them to put the transcripts in the envelope, seal it, stamp it and you can send it yourself. Just keep in mind that the sender has to be your institution on the envelope, it won't be a problem if you send them yourself.
3. Same answer as Nr.2
4. The evaluation process takes much longer from the other institutions. University of Toronto - 10 working weeks as mentioned above, IQAS - I think it's 10-15 working week if I'm not mistaken. So far WES is the best option as they process your document for no more than a month.
Thanks for the information, however i completed my MBA in Distance education, but my University is one of India`s top university with UGC, DEC, AICTE recognized. So i am thinking to start the ECA from IQAS. I checked other forums and LPU is not considered there as a recognized university

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi Fellow Members,

Go with IQAS, submit only MBA transcripts to IQAS. processing time is 12 weeks. Either you or University can courier the package.

DO NOT OPEN THE PACKAGE.

Deepti mehta

Sep 24, 2017
I have done MSC IT from lpu distance education. As it wont be recognized from WES and BTECH(IT) and was evaluated successfully from WES.

So Do I need to again send transcripts of BTECh along with MSC transcripts to IQAS
or do I need to send WES report with transcripts of MSC IT to IQAS
or only MSC IT transcripts to IQAS.

I am damn confused .Please help

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I have done MSC IT from lpu distance education. As it wont be recognized from WES and BTECH(IT) and was evaluated successfully from WES.

So Do I need to again send transcripts of BTECh along with MSC transcripts to IQAS
or do I need to send WES report with transcripts of MSC IT to IQAS
or only MSC IT transcripts to IQAS.

I am damn confused .Please help
Submit your M.Sc transcripts to IQAS. No need to send B.Tech transcripts.
IQAS takes 12 weeks after transcripts delivered to them.

On the other hand, you can try with ICES as well since LPU is in their list.
Its up to you...

Deepti mehta

Sep 24, 2017
Submit your M.Sc transcripts to IQAS. No need to send B.Tech transcripts.
IQAS takes 12 weeks after transcripts delivered to them.

On the other hand, you can try with ICES as well since LPU is in their list.
Its up to you...
Thanks a lot sir. One catch more I have got lateral entry in msc it in LPU.Will that cause any problem while getting it evaluated from IQAS.And in lateral entry case too only MSC transcripts would suffice.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Thanks a lot sir. One catch more I have got lateral entry in msc it in LPU.Will that cause any problem while getting it evaluated from IQAS.And in lateral entry case too only MSC transcripts would suffice.
Did you give exams for all semesters or due to lateral entry, you got exempted from one semester?

If you have appeared in all semesters like other regular students, then its fine. IQAS will accept it. Else, you will have to share previous education transcripts means Bachelors as well.

Deepti mehta

Sep 24, 2017
I was exempted from 1st and second semester.But I do have BTECH evaluation report from WES.Can I share that with IQAS to show my BTECH degree.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
I was exempted from 1st and second semester.But I do have BTECH evaluation report from WES.Can I share that with IQAS to show my BTECH degree.
In that case, send your B.Tech and Msc transcripts together to IQAS. You will definitely get Masters ECA.

SabrinaSA13

Aug 13, 2015
Hi, Could someone help me with these concerns:

I have 3 questions:

have a MA degree from distance education in the US (online degree accredited by DEAC, ICHEA, US Education Dept and US State Dept). I had sent my degree and transcripts to WES for course-by-course evaluation (for work purposes, not immigration) in March 2018.

WES report says it is a '1 year degree from an unrecognized institute' because the DEAC and ICHEA in the US are not one of the 6 regional accrediting bodies that WES recognizes.

Now that I'm planning to go for immigration to Canada, I wonder
1) if I should have my ECA done by IQAS or ICES. Does anyone know if my MA degree will be acceptable there?

2) I have a bachelor's degree from Lucknow University. They are the slowest in sending transcripts or may not send AT ALL. Is there any agency in India that can help me with this process of getting Lucknow Univ to send transcripts safely for ECA?

3) Is it all right to have ECA done for MA and for BSc from two different evaluating agencies? ONe from WES and one from IQAS? Will that be a problem for the immigration authorities?

Please help. I look forward to your replies.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018
Hi, Could someone help me with these concerns:

I have 3 questions:

have a MA degree from distance education in the US (online degree accredited by DEAC, ICHEA, US Education Dept and US State Dept). I had sent my degree and transcripts to WES for course-by-course evaluation (for work purposes, not immigration) in March 2018.

WES report says it is a '1 year degree from an unrecognized institute' because the DEAC and ICHEA in the US are not one of the 6 regional accrediting bodies that WES recognizes.

Now that I'm planning to go for immigration to Canada, I wonder
1) if I should have my ECA done by IQAS or ICES. Does anyone know if my MA degree will be acceptable there?

2) I have a bachelor's degree from Lucknow University. They are the slowest in sending transcripts or may not send AT ALL. Is there any agency in India that can help me with this process of getting Lucknow Univ to send transcripts safely for ECA?

3) Is it all right to have ECA done for MA and for BSc from two different evaluating agencies? ONe from WES and one from IQAS? Will that be a problem for the immigration authorities?

Please help. I look forward to your replies.
1. Try your luck. ICES has a list of universities approved, check on their website before applying there.
2. I would say Do not go with transcript agency, I have seen a lot of bad experiences online. Its your choice.
3. There is no problem in ECA from two different agencies.

SabrinaSA13

Aug 13, 2015
1. Try your luck. ICES has a list of universities approved, check on their website before applying there.
2. I would say Do not go with transcript agency, I have seen a lot of bad experiences online. Its your choice.
3. There is no problem in ECA from two different agencies.

Hi, Thank you for your response. I will definitely check out ICES. Thank you!

SabrinaSA13

Aug 13, 2015
Have you got the evaluation done?
Hi, I took the advice of mr.preetsingh above and sent my transcripts to IQAS (not ICES - he felt this would be more suitable in my case). Although my documents had been received at their office about a month ago I'm still waiting to hear back from them. I suppose the delay is coz of the volume of mails they must receive.

I will post an update once I hear from them.