+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

ECA-EE

Jyotsna

Jan 15, 2018
The surname in my passport is my dad's name. But in all my certificates only my name is present. Since it is an Indian passport it is required that I give my dad's name for Surname/Family name. Should I put his name in the application forms for ECA and EE?

nishantvshah

Feb 7, 2017
The surname in my passport is my dad's name. But in all my certificates only my name is present. Since it is an Indian passport it is required that I give my dad's name for Surname/Family name. Should I put his name in the application forms for ECA and EE?
On EE, you will have an option under personal history to mention your maiden name. choose this if you are married now. if not, you can use the existing name as per your passport.

ECA will issue you a document based on the names in the mark sheets

Nishant.

sidganesh

Star Member
Jul 12, 2017
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
10-03-2018
AOR Received.
10-03-2018
Passport Req..
30-04-2018
VISA ISSUED...
14-05-2018
My spouse had the same issue. Her passport has her father's given name as surname whereas in her certificates it is just the initial - even there, some have initial before the given name and in some it is after the given name. We gave the full name (as per passport) to WES and the ECA report states <initial (expanded father's name)>, <her name>. In the EE profile, we've given the full name and will clarify this in the Letter of Explanation, giving supporting documents (such as my passport with her name in spouse field).

Hope this helps.